• i read this thing and i saw this thing and

thing?
  • why are people huge weenies
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    what are you referring to
  • people

being weenies
  • fight. dream. horse. love.
    the ones blocking the road are protestors in the University of Missouri, who've set up an encampment in one of the quads and are barring everyone who looks like a reporter from entering

the guy with the camera is a student reporter who also attends the University of Missouri
  • what are they protesting?
  • fight. dream. horse. love.
    people being racist jerks and the University refusing to do anything about it

they managed to get the president of the entire university system to step down yesterday
  • kill living beings
    i still can't believe that's happening somewhere i've been
  • edited 2015-11-10 11:24:43
    ಠ_ಠ
    It's 16 degrees C

In fucking November
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Over here that would be temperate
  • edited 2015-11-10 11:38:36
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    It is a bit warmer than average for November.

Oh, fuck, it's past dawn and I'm still up. Fucking Tramadol.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I overslept

Alarm went off and it was so cold in here that I got back under a blanket intending to just warm up for a few minutes...and of course I fell asleep

Bluh
  • That's why I wake up two hours before I'm due to go to lectures/labs sessions. In case I fall asleep again.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    If I woke up two hours earlier than I needed to I'd be up at 4 AM and...yeah, not interested in that, really. :P

I missed my first class of the day, but I have enough time to make it to my other two classes, at least.
  • Sat outside my chemistry lab stuffing a muffin in my mouth

Final lab session of this semester
  • at the workforce center, still sick -~-
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Ladies with chokers are really attractive.
  • Know your lines? Of course you know your lines! But I don't want to just hear your lines...I wanna hear what's in YOUR SOULS!!
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mst3k/bringbackmst3k

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
  • edited 2015-11-10 16:53:10
    THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    I heard there were legal issues regarding one of the stars in some of the old AIP films they featured, but I'm not sure if that's what Joel means. I wonder if there's more info about that someplace.
  • kill living beings
    beard
  • Know your lines? Of course you know your lines! But I don't want to just hear your lines...I wanna hear what's in YOUR SOULS!!
    lee4hmz said:

I heard there were legal issues regarding one of the stars in some of the old AIP films they featured, but I'm not sure if that's what Joel means. I wonder if there's more info about that someplace.

Jim Mallon had some rights to the show if I remember right. 
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    FFXIV problems: The new casual raid has a boss that requires your 23 party members to not stand in murder circles.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Well, he mentioned an old heiress, and I suspect he was talking about that one lady who wanted her back catalog deleted.
    lee4hmz said:

Well, he mentioned an old heiress, and I suspect he was talking about that one lady who wanted her back catalog deleted.

I think some of the movies did have rights issues (also the Godzilla thing that happened when Shout! was releasing the DVDs)
    Yeah, I heard that Toho and Daiei weren't too keen on MST3k "mocking" their films for quite a while. I suppose Shout! Factory made it worth their while somehow.
  • edited 2015-11-10 17:23:03
    We can do anything if we do it together.
    lee4hmz said:

Actually, I think he was talking about Jim Mallon.

From what I've heard, he's the reason that Joel left MST3K in the first place.
    Bit of a strange way of putting it on his part, but okay.
  • edited 2015-11-10 17:30:24
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    You know, for a while I've been thinking that I've lived too long, and now I realize that that's not the problem.  What the problem is is that I've lived too late.

I should have lived before Zebra Mussles and Starlings.

Heck, I should have lived before the columbian exchanged ruined my favorite continent.

Or, before the drought of the late 1100s ruined all of the neat and interesting North American civilizations.

Or, before the dinosaurs went extinct and all the oxygen was lost and all the life was ruined and had to live in an oxygen-deprived heck of lameness and tiny insects.

Or, before the Great Dying killed off all of the magnificent and fascinating invertebrate lifeforms, leaving only an icky acidic ocean and the quarter of the earth that was land, and letting dumb old vertebrates take over the ocean.

Or before the Ordovician, when the first wave of landlife went extinct and half of the world's oxygen was lost.

But that's the thing, entropy basically means it is impossible for things to get better.  Things only decay and wither away. 

And nothing can be un-ruined. 

• We can do anything if we do it together.
    lee4hmz said:

Bit of a strange way of putting it on his part, but okay.

Well, it would be kinda unprofessional to just say outright "fuck that guy", wouldn't it?
    I just hope nobody wonders how the new host eats and breathes and other science facts (la la la)
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    Most huge things only happen in one direction.  There's never an inverse
    pompeii where all the dead come back to life and the ash and glass and
    soot and soil goes back to the mountain, or an inverse hurricaine to fix
    up New Orleans, or an inverse Titanic to rescue drowning people.

Or an inverse Eisenhower to remove all the highways and bring back extinct species (well, at least in Texas they decided not to make a highway because it would have threatened a rare species of spider.  But that's Texas, which is amazing and fantastic.).

Or an inverse Walt Disney to un-drain wetlands and un-ruin florida.
  • edited 2015-11-10 17:48:35
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    Britain doesn't need nukes, they already have the weapons of hemlock, spurge, privet, and english ivy which cause far more destruction than any nuke.
  • speaking of britain: my last whole day in the uk today. my flight is tomorrow. packing atm
  • aka the 'how tf do i take all this shit and still be under the 20kg baggage allowance' game
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    sunn wolf said:

speaking of britain: my last whole day in the uk today. my flight is tomorrow. packing atm

The minute you leave, you will finally be allowed to stop adding extraneous "u"s to words.
  • sunn wolf said:

speaking of britain: my last whole day in the uk today. my flight is tomorrow. packing atm

The minute you leave, you will finally be allowed to stop adding extraneous "u"s to words.
    not only that but i am forbidden from ever doing it again because i have to teach american spellings to the kids over there

f u cultural hegemony
    You caun tauke muy freedoum, but you caun neveur tauke muy u.
    COR BLIMEY
  • Better to er on the side of caution....

Was a murder committed here, or was it a murderer?
  • A murdererererererererer

My current FFXIV aesthetic is demon businesswoman.
  • i want that look irl
  • A good aesthetic.

My current FFXIV aesthetic is demon businesswoman.

I want to play this game now.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    I like the little guy writing stuff down behind her.
    For some reason I still find myself thinking of Dakota Fanning as a little kid

She's the same age as Anonus

._.
  • Mara Wilson, who played Matilda, is 28.