The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Also, typewriters had SHIFT LOCK.

Not caps lock, shift lock. See, caps lock only applies to letters. That's a computer thing. Shift lock literally just held the shift keys down for you until you released it, so you'd get the alternate characters on the number keys, punctuation, etc. as well.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I had a typewriter when I was, like, 10.

But it was a 1980s-era typewriter, not 1920s.

yntkt
  • edited 2015-10-06 23:36:28
    Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    OpAPHID said:

see when i saw the scene, nothing much stood out to me?

the only memorable thing about it for me was 'it would be extremely painful' 'you're a big guy' '. . . for you'

which i thought was fairly witty tbh

Honestly, Nolan Batman, and especially DKR, play best on the big screen where the spectacle distracts from it not really making any sense.

Apparently Stephanie Meyer is writing a genderflipped Twilight and all I can think is "Didn't Twilight have a pregnancy as a major plot point?"

isn't that tsukihime

:absolute insufferable asshole voice: you know, dvorak is better for your hands....just sayin....

it's true~  that said, i use the dvorak layout on qwerty keyboards anyways because lol buying a dvorak keyboard, especially on a laptop
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Couldn't you just pop off the key caps and rearrange them?
    this movie about a guy who dresses up as a bat to fight criminals is NOT SERIOUS ENOUGH for me
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.

Couldn't you just pop off the key caps and rearrange them?

i guess but there's no good reason to tbh since i don't need to look at the keys to type
    what is the point of aping the NYPD badge design for your livery when the amber lights on top immediately give away that it's not a police car

i'm going to be charitable and assume that this tendency of private security cars to mimic the appearance of police cars is for a deterrent effect and not just because they wanna claim authority that's not theirs
  • Making your own personal vehicle mistakable for a police car is actually a crime in most places I'm pretty sure.

Making your own personal vehicle mistakable for a police car is actually a crime in most places I'm pretty sure.

There are certain technicalities to the law, at least where I live. You can't have the word "POLICE" or red or blue lights on your car, but, well... a number of departments around here will totally sell used cruisers to the public complete with the black and white color scheme still intact, just having removed the police equipment and the other markings.
    Groveport actually gets so lazy at times that they don't even bother removing the entire lettering. Where it says "GROVEPORT POLICE", they strip off "POLICE" but keep "GROVEPORT", which is quite amusing to see.
    Deep within Enchanted Forest National Park, park ranger Lynn Payne returns to her ranger station to find something amiss--the door, which she's sure she closed, is propped open with an orange traffic cone. She approaches the door slowly, her hand on her taser, only to find--

"Your Highness? What are you doing here?"

Princess Alice herself is sitting in Ranger Payne's chair, her feet propped up on the table. Her greasy hands are deep in a bag of microwave popcorn, and her magic wand is laid lazily on the desk alongside Ranger Payne's keyboard.

"Oh, you know, I was just enjoying the countryside's national beauty...even us royalty appreciate a day in the park every now and then."

"No, I mean why are you--that's my popcorn, isn't it?"

"Is it? I found it in the drawer of this desk, so I just assumed it was Crown property."

"I bought that myself. To snack on. And that was the last bag."

"Oh...I'm sorry. Here, let me fix it for you."

Princess Alice picks up her wand, waves it at the bag of popcorn, then hands it to Ranger Payne. Peering into the wide-open bag, Payne sees it's now full of unpopped kernels.

"...What did you do?"

"I unpopped the popcorn for you so you can pop it again later!"

"You already opened the bag. I can't microwave it like this."

"So pop it the old-fashioned way. You know, on the stovetop."

"Do you see a stove in here, Your Highness?"

Princess Alice looks around. This genuinely hadn't occurred to her before.

"Ok, I'll tell you what. If I swing things just right, I can probably get a stove in here within a couple hours. Do you have a gas hookup in here, or do I need to go electric?"

"I don't want a stove in my ranger station," says Payne impatiently. "I don't even have anywhere to put one."

"Alright, plan B. There's a place in Queen City that has excellent popcorn in any flavor you can imagine. If we leave now, we'll be just in time to catch the 11:30 train out of Havensborough."

"...I'm at work, in case you haven't noticed. I need to patrol the park?"

"You can't just leave the place to itself for the afternoon?"

"What if someone gets hurt? And I'm not here to respond? Did you even think of that, Princess?"

"No. No, I didn't. But I know this fairy who's all about safety. I'm sure if we called her she'd be willing to cover for you until--"

Payne sighs. "Look, Princess. You like driving fast, right?"

"Well, yes."

"And you like shiny lights, right?"

"Who doesn't?"

"Good! Behind you on that hook are the keys to the spare Park Ranger cruiser parked around back. Why don't you take that for a joyride for a little while and I wait here to make sure everything's fine in the park?"

"Don't mind if I do!" Princess Alice hops up, takes the keys off the hook, and runs out the door.

Lynne Payne picks up the telephone and dials her cousin's number.

"Hey, Lee? Yeah, it's Lynn. The Princess is at it again. Any way you could reign her in? Maybe talk to the Handler or something?"
    Last Halloween

I gave you my candy

But the very next day

You threw it away

This year

To save me from tears

I'll eat it all by myself now
  • Let's go fly a kite

Up to the highest height

Let's go fly a kite

And send it soaring

Up through the atmosphere

Up where the air is clear

Oh, let's go fly a kite
    cannot unsee
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    when did New York begin accepting art projects for their covers?

also, sometimes I wonder why illustrations aren't used for magazine covers more often

they used to be the norm, but gave way to photography as that became faster and cheaper

but magazines have been scrambling to be noticed lately
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Anonus said:

when did New York begin accepting art projects for their covers?

also, sometimes I wonder why illustrations aren't used for magazine covers more often

they used to be the norm, but gave way to photography as that became faster and cheaper

but magazines have been scrambling to be noticed lately

The New Yorker is still very conservative about the use of photography in their pages, and the covers are always illustrated.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    haha how did I forget them
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Remember when Joss Whedon was known as "that person who kills off beloved characters"?
    kuttithevangu:    “Don’t get into pointless arguments with jerks on the Internet” –the rabbis

This is the part of ancient Jewish wisdom I need to apply to everyday life.

I am not Jewish, but still.

• "Let's blame the Yo-Kai.

It's all their fault!

All their fault!"

Now that just seems mean-spirited.
    Yes.

Now he makes superhero movies, it seems. Which... I honestly would rather not have a conversation about, because assailing the dead flesh of beasts of burden is not my fetish.
    I liked Cabin in the Woods.
    It looks intriguing, but I have yet to get around to it.
    Can't sleep

Too tense
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    0vvvv0 said:

Yes.

Now he makes superhero movies, it seems. Which... I honestly would rather not have a conversation about, because assailing the dead flesh of beasts of burden is not my fetish.

Well, if it helps, he's finally free from that and doesn't seem eager to go back to it.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    I'm going to go see q psychiatrist or something.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    Torgo said:

I liked Cabin in the Woods.

yeah it was p good
  • kill living beings
    fuck rise time
    per aspera ad inferi

0vvvv0 said:

Yes.

Well, if it helps, he's finally free from that and doesn't seem eager to go back to it.

I wasn't really talking to Myrm so much as everyone here. I find it an extremely tired topic on so, so many levels.
  • edited 2015-10-07 03:57:32
    We can do anything if we do it together.
    0vvvv0 said:

0vvvv0 said:

Yes.

I wasn't really talking to Myrm so much as everyone here. I find it an extremely tired topic on so, so many levels.
    That is very understandable. I feel similarly, by and large.

I was just saying that Whedon is no longer involved in that rigmarole so you can look forward to his works again.
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Rigmarole is one of those words that always looked like it should be a food.

Something involving tomatoes, and pasta.
  • I'm going to go see q psychiatrist or something.

good luck! I've discovered it's kind of a trial and error process, but don't get discouraged by that.
  • kill living beings
    god damn
    everybody loves rayman
  • The weather has turned foul.

Excellent.
    is that "excellent" sarcastic or serious?
  • Serious. I want shit weather so I can go out wearing a coat and my Dr Martens and not sweat my tits off.
  • It's October.

I should not be sweating my tits off in October.
    One should not sweat one's tits off, ever.
  • Tit sweat is the worst kind of sweat. Ever.
    oh wow
  • I have a four hour lab session followed by a meeting with my mentor followed by a Tesco shop. Busy busy busy.
  • SUBMIT
  • I am way too amused by this username even if it -is- just for the month.

mwahahaha,
    Good news: I finished two chemistry experiments today, meaning I only have one left to catch up on.

Bad news: This means I have two lab reports due next week. -_-