The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• omg... just came dangerously close to stabbing myself by accident
  • I was opening up a packet of frozen quorn swedish meatballs and the knife grazed my tshirt. I'm okay, just a little shaken
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    You're supposed to stab eyes, not yourself! :|
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

In 1997, Kmart kicked Wal-Mart in the nuts. Wal-Mart didn't like that, so it decided to glue 71 cans of spam to the back of Kmart's car. Kmart apologized and never kicked any store's testicles again. And they all lived happily ever after, until the letter Z existed.

• image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Cutting Away Rich Fats, a guide to healthy eating by Dr. H. Lecter.
    Young Woman Looking for Good Man to Relentlessly Mock as He Tries to Escape a Meticulously Crafted Death Maze.
  • christ. it's starting to look like a second cup of coffee kind of day.
  • edited 2015-10-08 17:18:15
    Ich bin ein jelly doughnut

two things

christ. it's starting to look like a second cup of coffee kind of day.

gl.

I was opening up a packet of frozen quorn swedish meatballs and the knife grazed my tshirt. I'm okay, just a little shaken

oh jeez. please do be careful to always have cutting trajectories away
    from yourself! (like always imagine if the knife breaks loose from the
    surface you're cutting, which direction it'll go, and make sure that's
    always away from you.)
    Just saw an unmarked cop car go past and now I'm thinking of the part from Player of Games where Gurgeh is baffled by the concept of secret police, because what point are police if their obvious presence doesn't deter you?
  • Ich bin ein jelly doughnut
    :c
  • kill living beings
    statistics on three values

why this
    It's kind of interesting though, since at that point Gurgeh is working with Special Circumstances, who whilst not quite secret police, do handle all of the Culture's dirty work.
    The other day I saw a campus police car that had red and blue lights on top but only said "The Ohio State University" on it.

They must have a very specific use for that...it's blatantly a police car, because the lights give it away, but it can't be used for traffic stops because this state only allows traffic stops in fully marked police cars (i.e., having just the university logo doesn't count).
    Mistake Not My Current State Of Joshing Gentle Peevishness For The Awesome And Terrible Majesty Of The Towering Seas Of Ire That Are Themselves The Milquetoast Shallows Fringing My Vast Oceans Of Wrath
  • gave myself a huge cut cuz I wasn't paying attention whilst shaving, bout an inch long on my cheek lol
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    My dad and little brothers are coming over to Pittsburgh this weekend, so tomorrow I will have dinner with them and the day after we go to the science museum and their favorite restauraunt from back when they lived here.
    ^^Ow. Got an alum block?
    ^hf!
    They're pretty good for suppressing bleeding. Sting like heck on application, and they slightly dry out where you apply them, but still. A good tool to have around when shaving.
  • kill living beings
    e 1.5

negative return

die
  • kill living beings
    abort fail fail
  • today was a should have just not bothered getting out of bed day
  • the one plus point of the day was i went to that Trinidadian place and had a chicken roti and it was fuckin good
  • 2 guys on the train talking about father john misty
  • we're definitely on the train to hackney l0l
  • "there's been a revival of good guitar music" - this guy on the train

I'd like to know what his timeframe for that is
    Should Central Avenue feel guilty for not immediately starting on homework as soon as she gets home
  • well if you have to feel guilty for that then i have a lot of guilt to catch up on
  • Zeether said:

Tank-Girl (The movie) had waterless showers.

it was just sand. 
    I don't think that movie is as bad as Doug Walker made it out to be
    that's fair enough because I don't think Doug Walker is as good a critic as he's made out to be. 
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    who listens to the Nostalgia Critic anymore
  • :3 said:

gave myself a huge cut cuz I wasn't paying attention whilst shaving, bout an inch long on my cheek lol

dueling scar

it's a dueling scar now
  • it would be cool if it left a scar tbh, it seems like an optimal place to have one
    Of all the things Doug ever did, the one that annoyed me most was that one joke in the Super Mario Bros movie review.

"It's like an Abbott and Costello routine!" Yes Doug.

That's the point.

This is what we humans call "jokes"
    I highly resented the ass-whipping he gave Good Burger because I knew TV Tropes would instantly deem it an abomination because the Nostalgia Preacher said it was

He's never liked "stupid funny" things, and "stupid funny" things had to be demonized in TV Tropes's quest to determine Objective Quality®
    Whenever he did a review, his fans on TvTropes would cover the page for the thing he reviewed with his quotes.
    I once saw a trope page that had every mention of Good Burger immediately followed by a quote from him.

I consider the movie's resurgence as a piece of '90s nostalgia a giant middle finger to him and his mindless fans
    jesus am I glad not to be a troper anymore
    I do credit the Critic with my realization that I was NEVER very fond of the 2000 Grinch, and only tried to slog through it because of Carrey's hamminess
    because that movie is a slog
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”

You know

It says something about the state of the modern Republican Party that George W Bush's brother is probably the least repulsive of their presidential candidates this cycle

He's not the least repulsive. Pataki and Kasich are... tolerable.
    Admittedly I'm biased against Kasich after having had to tolerate him as my governor for the past 5 years.

That said, I just keep forgetting Pataki exists because he doesn't get as much mainstream attention for saying crazy things, compared to the others. :v
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    0vvvv0 said:

You know

It says something about the state of the modern Republican Party that George W Bush's brother is probably the least repulsive of their presidential candidates this cycle

The mainstream Republicans are rallying around Marco Rubio now that Scott Walker's been kicked out.

I don't know very much about him, so I don't exactly know how repulsive he is or isn't.
    Rubio's big on interventionism. Also:

“They want a weapon to trigger a global cataclysm that will bring
    about the arrival of the Thirteenth Imam! I know this sounds bizarre!”
  • Know your lines? Of course you know your lines! But I don't want to just hear your lines...I wanna hear what's in YOUR SOULS!!
    0vvvv0 said:

You know

Yeah but there's a better Pataki to consider for the candidacy

• your ability to relate literally anything to a cartoon that's been off the air for over a decade both amazes and concerns me
  • kill living beings
    i think that one was fair, i thought of helga too. not a ton of patakis in the world
  • your ability to relate literally anything to a cartoon that's been off the air for over a decade both amazes and concerns me

Still, there are worse presidents.

Which party do you think she'd run for?

Still, there are worse presidents.

Which party do you think she'd run for?
    I wasn't allowed to watch Nickolodeon as a child