The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Found out that Trauma Towers at Blackpool Pleasure Beach closed a few years back and now I'm kinda sad.

...Haha, look at me, getting nostalgic over an amusement park.
  • what's wrong with that?
  • edited 2015-10-06 02:59:58
    image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.

...17 years. It's been a while. Never forgot that laugh, though.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”

"Your reference number is BRLLTFWB"

My reference what.

It is a very large number in base-36.
  • kill living beings
    HA I WIN
    I am off to London, to fight the spirit of rain.
  • Excuse me, weather. It's October. The temperature isn't supposed to be 19 degrees. It's supposed to be about 10 degrees.
    Mawhrin-Skel
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    i suspect Nick left because HH is serious and unfunny and has turned its back on its wonderposty roots

i feel bad for saying the thin hair chin man and that one scene from Batman weren't funny, idk why i did that
    I know Hammersmith like the back of my hand at this point and I don't even live here.
  • OpAPHID said:

i suspect Nick left because HH is serious and unfunny and has turned its back on its wonderposty roots

i feel bad for saying the thin hair chin man and that one scene from Batman weren't funny, idk why i did that

I mean

Nick was a nice guy, but also, they weren't really that funny.
    Yannow, there's something interesting about the smell of cities. Although I guess you'd notice it less if you'd lived in one all your life.

...Hah, guess I really am a country girl.
  • edited 2015-10-06 12:49:34
    We can do anything if we do it together.

OpAPHID said:

I mean

Nick was a nice guy, but also, they weren't really that funny.
    I dunno, most of his jokes grew on me, even if he admittedly could've had a bit more variety with them.

w/r/t Bane - The joke, at the base of it, is deflating Christopher Nolan, and I can get behind that. When I actually watched the plane crash scene, I was in genuine disbelief that something like that could possibly be played seriously.
    yeah i guess

but he also posted funny things about video games

idk, i think i interpreted the Batman thing as like a weird shibboleth, where if you liked the scene and didn't notice how dumb it was at the time then you were boring and humourless, so i got unduly defensive
    see when i saw the scene, nothing much stood out to me?

the only memorable thing about it for me was 'it would be extremely painful' 'you're a big guy' '. . . for you'

which i thought was fairly witty tbh
    witty as in i thought Bane's response was witty, i didn't see any unintentional humour in the scene
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    It's okay. I took Christopher Nolan seriously when I was younger, too.

I think that's another part of why I'm okay with Bane. By laughing at things like that, I'm really laughing at my younger self.
    i was 22 when i watched it

that doesn't help
    Batman Minus Batmen, the thrilling new comic.
    Again, it's okay. I didn't really start developing much of an individual taste until I was about 18 or so.

Some of us just bloom later than others.
    do people make jokes like this about the mcu, and i'm just missing them, or is it nolan batman specifically?

Again, it's okay. I didn't really start developing much of an individual taste until I was about 18 or so.

Some of us just bloom later than others.

worse and worse

please stop
    Sorry, I geniunely was trying to help. :/

18 is rather late by conventional standards, too...
    OpAPHID said:

do people make jokes like this about the mcu, and i'm just missing them, or is it nolan batman specifically?

Well, the MCU doesn't take itself as seriously as Nolan's Batman did, so there's less to deflate.

I would like to see more mockery of the MCU in general, though.
    not as late as 25

at 18 i was actually terrible
    w/e, i'm sorry, it's fine

i don't want to talk about this any more

this is exactly why people leave, posts like mine
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Thanos doing his song and dance about infinity gems
    I'm sorry for making you feel bad.

I geniunely just wanted to talk and empathize.

I'm sure CA can relate to you on this, at least...
    i know what you were trying to do and i'm sorry for being unpleasant about this
    It's fine, it's fine.

I admit that I can be unintentionally insensitive at times.
    Alice's Adventures in Base 18.

...Where did a preteen girl learn numerical bases anyway?
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

Yannow, there's something interesting about the smell of cities. Although I guess you'd notice it less if you'd lived in one all your life.

...Hah, guess I really am a country girl.

Nothing like the smell of carbon monoxide poisoning in the morning!

(Yes, I know CO is odorless. I'm making a joke about how terrible the air quality is in cities.)

(For the record, I'm a city girl.)
    "screenvideoupdatemp4.mp4"

Why would you do this? ;_;
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    When I worked at Pepsi I swiped a plastic trailer seal and stuck it on my tiny flash drive to make the thing harder to lose

But it's amusing because if you came across my flash drive and didn't know what it was, it looks like some sort of official Pepsi thing, having "PEPSI" in all caps above a barcode.
    what is it with transwomen and various forms of alice. it is a mystery.
    Also Buzzfeed is doing serious investigative journalism and it's really confusing.
  • what is it with transwomen and various forms of alice. it is a mystery.

And my agender friend, Alice.

• née a name that is not Alice
  • the only Alice I know IRL is the older woman who lives across the street

she likes Dr. Who.
    Alice is a good name

i like how it kinda stands on its own, it's not a feminine version of anything and it's not a flower name or a virtue name or anything like that, it's just Alice
    i saw the first episode of this season of Doctor Who and it was hilariously bad, haven't watched any since

i'm thinking i'll watch the episode Jamie Mathieson wrote for and see if that's any good, though
    Alice is a feminine given name used primarily in English and French. It is a feminized form of the Old French female name Alis (older Aalis), short form of Adelais, which is derivation from the Germanic name Adalhaidis(see Adelaide (given name)), from the Germanic word elements adal, meaning ″noble″ and haid-, meaning ″heath(land), heather
    i didn't know that

still, it works on its own
    Yes.

It was popular in Victorian England because of Princess Alice, Victoria's first daughter.
    no phone i am not walking a mile for pizza
    That feel when the only computer available in the library's open computer lab is the one with the high-contrast keyboard meant for visually impaired people...

I mean, I'd give up the PC if someone came in who actually needs it, but there's still that bit of guilt with my able-bodied self sitting here, you know?
    ...maybe living in America isn't so bad after all