The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)

Aliroz said:

Mormons can't drink caffiene.  It goes straight to our horns.

We wear our hair so you can't see our horns, except when we are in the great tunnel from Palmyra to Salt Lake.  But you can only get to that tunnel from jumping out of the Salt Lake temple into the Salt Lake, otherwise you won't have enough momentum to sink.

Additionally, to keep us docile, our bishops install a gland in our brains that explodes if we ever watch a rated-R movie or eat a cheerio on Fast Sunday.

Trufax, guys.

(NOTE:  NOne of this is true!)

cheerios?
    Can't eat anything on fast sunday until dinner.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    that's why the people of this heap believe in

Crystal
  • MachSpeed said:

I know not a lot of folks agree with me on the whole subject of writing conflict (I believe the default position is "the more the better"), but it is the opinion of me and a few others that unless you give the audience a breather every once in a while, people are going to start wondering why they stick around at all.

Darkness Induced Audience Apathy is the Troper term for it, iirc. And it's agreed. The unrelenting grittiness of Game of Thrones is one of the various reasons why I refuse to give into its hype engine
    Aliroz said:

Aliroz said:

We wear our hair so you can't see our horns, except when we are in the great tunnel from Palmyra to Salt Lake.  But you can only get to that tunnel from jumping out of the Salt Lake temple into the Salt Lake, otherwise you won't have enough momentum to sink.

Additionally, to keep us docile, our bishops install a gland in our brains that explodes if we ever watch a rated-R movie or eat a cheerio on Fast Sunday.

Trufax, guys.

cheerios?
    Oh? Interesting. 

We do fasting too, but definitely not weekly. 
  • MachSpeed said:

Wu-Tang Clan saw their neighborhood as Shaolin Temple, where men are tested and made strong.

In Man With The Iron Fists, RZA plays a slave who escapes from America to China, a place that might as well be called Shaolin Temple, where he practices Buddhism and martial arts and learns new strength.

??? coincidence???
    The Rza is a fucking wild dude. He would probably move to China and take up a martial art if he could.
  • serenity now
  • The jerk store called and they're running out of you!
  • ...why am I Seinfeld-ing we just don't know.
  • NO SOUP FOR YOU! COME 8ACK ONE YEAR!
  • Tachyon said:

Crystal

and Haven!
  • toxic envelope glue
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    I still really like Man With The Iron Fists.

Also, I wasn't thinking of Game of Thrones, but sure, that applies to that too.
  • tavros dances like elaine
  • Haven said:

tavros dances like elaine

XXXXD
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    one with the bovinity
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Tachyon said:

Crystal

Aw, thanks.
    ^_^
  • i have had a very healthy day cycling to a mountain and walking up the mountain and then cycling back home again, now i will ruin it all by eating this enormous pizza and a load of cake and ice cream. hell yeah
  • I want poutine
  • I saw a cute shirt that I want in the plus size women's section at forever 21
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    Odradek said:

The cool thing about "This is just a semantics debate" is that you can deploy it anywhere people are having a debate and Wittgenstein will feel like it applies.

ftfy
  • Guys and gals...

It's Sims soap opera time.
  • edited 2015-07-11 17:47:20

naney said:

I want poutine

I had poutine
  • sredni still insists that game of thrones is great stuff and he's still wrong about it
    poitrine
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    The Sims 4 Mewberty Expansion Pack
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    naney said:

sredni still insists that game of thrones is great stuff and he's still wrong about it

It has attractive ladies in elegant gowns, and I get to see Quality TV Watchers react like nerds do
  • naney said:

sredni still insists that game of thrones is great stuff and he's still wrong about it

backin u on this
    The best quality TV show is Dexter
    (2015 self)

MachSpeed said:

I know not a lot of folks agree with me on the whole subject of writing conflict (I believe the default position is "the more the better"), but it is the opinion of me and a few others that unless you give the audience a breather every once in a while, people are going to start wondering why they stick around at all.

Darkness Induced Audience Apathy is the Troper term for it, iirc. And it's agreed. The unrelenting grittiness of Game of Thrones is one of the various reasons why I refuse to give into its hype engine
    Aliroz said:

Aliroz said:

Trufax, guys.

cheerios?
    Oh? Interesting. 

We do fasting too, but definitely not weekly. 
    Fast SUnday is the first sunday of the month.
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    sunn wolf said:

naney said:

backin u on this

(2015 self)

tell NL

What (or who) is NL?

(I really don't know.)
    hmm
    (2015 self)
    I think Game of Thrones is to me as Breaking Bad is to Yarrun.

Bad?
    cool name
    Enel was a One Piece antagonist.
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Aliroz said:

tell NL

What (or who) is NL?

(I really don't know.)
    This nerd right here.
    ever notice that when you try to take the liner notes out of a CD jewel case, the front page always sticks to the inside of the case?

so you can either pull it away from the case using your fingernails, and risk denting the edge of the paper, or you can yank it out anyway in which case you will almost certainly dent the edge of the paper against the tabs at the front of the case
  • my dad ended up getting me an expensive shirt
  • edited 2015-07-11 18:57:55

that bugs the heck outa me
    Tachyon said:

ever notice that when you try to take the liner notes out of a CD jewel case, the front page always sticks to the inside of the case?

so you can either pull it away from the case using your fingernails, and risk denting the edge of the paper, or you can yank it out anyway in which case you will almost certainly dent the edge of the paper against the tabs at the front of the case

no
  • watching the babadook

this is a Rather Creepy film
  • Aliroz said:

tell NL

What (or who) is NL?

(I really don't know.)
    Northernlion is a Canadian Lets Player

Canadians like poutine, that's the whole joke
    I hope that you're feeling a bit better now, Jane...
  • ways to tell the age of someone w/ computer things:

older people are more likely to call it an "alternate" key

older people are more likely to have novelty startup sounds
  • I hope that you're feeling a bit better now, Jane...

a bit

I hope that you're feeling a bit better now, Jane...

a bit
    Fair 'nuff.

*pats*
  • Aliroz said:

tell NL

What (or who) is NL?

(I really don't know.)
    Northernlion is a Canadian Lets Player

Canadians like poutine, that's the whole joke
    he is also god in Gunshow