• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    and Mario is Missing
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Zoombinis
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    "This is not a fanservice show.

This is not a sex comedy.

This is not a seinen drama or romance.

And most baffling of all, this is not a satire of any of the above genres.

It's just "Prison School," and Prison School belongs to some genre I'm not sure I've ever seen before. It's best explained as a series of undiluted feelings on the part of its author. Those feelings include but are not limited to contempt, self-amusement, and raging id, smashed together onto a page without thinking about the results too much. This anime adaptation does its best to retain those feelings through an extremely jerky and grotesque animation style and art that is saturated and shaded so hard that everyone looks like they've been thinly coated in vaseline."

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Funny, right as I made that comment about the Kroger cards a Kroger truck pulled in.
    naney said:

i have no keychain because i have no keys

...do you just leave your house unlocked 24/7 or...?
  • Tachyon said:

Tachyon said:

however an infinite number of hotel rooms will come in handy if you have an infinite number of guests

but what if your infinite hotel is infinitely full???? what then?????
    You move all your guests into the room with a number that's double the number of the room they're in, freeing up an infinite number of odd-numbered rooms
  • Funny, right as I made that comment about the Kroger cards a Kroger truck pulled in.

naney said:

Cat door, Centie
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    never let it be said Dinosaur Comics isn't educational
    They sent in a hair sample later, which they had found in the woods, but after the DNA test it turned out to be nothing but a Sasquatch
  • Funny, right as I made that comment about the Kroger cards a Kroger truck pulled in.

naney said:

Yes.

naney said:

Cat door, Centie
    also this
    naney never leaves the house
  • we lock it before we go to sleep

which in this household is like 2 in the morning
  • I make a point of leaving the house at least once a day
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Ah, makes sense.

See I come home from work at like 12:30 in the morning when everyone else is either asleep or hanging out in their bedrooms, so the doors are already locked by then.
    I take it back then
    I like some of the reviewers on Anime News Network, but Zac just seems like a boring hack.
  • edited 2015-07-11 03:00:25
    We can do anything if we do it together.
    naney said:

I make a point of leaving the house at least once a day

I should work towards trying to do this myself.
    Hey next poster, what are your thoughts on Princess Alice being the Goddess of Youth and Childhood?
    There was no difference between the behavior of a god and the operations of pure chance
  • LWLW
    edited 2015-07-11 03:35:12

Odradek said:

"This is not a fanservice show.

This is not a sex comedy.

This is not a seinen drama or romance.

And most baffling of all, this is not a satire of any of the above genres.

It's just "Prison School," and Prison School belongs to some genre I'm not sure I've ever seen before. It's best explained as a series of undiluted feelings on the part of its author. Those feelings include but are not limited to contempt, self-amusement, and raging id, smashed together onto a page without thinking about the results too much. This anime adaptation does its best to retain those feelings through an extremely jerky and grotesque animation style and art that is saturated and shaded so hard that everyone looks like they've been thinly coated in vaseline."

Le animan
    There was no difference between the behavior of a god and the operations of pure chance

I scraped away rubies and emeralds with the side of my foot. "Let me tell you what the Shaper said."

"Spare me, I beg you!" He covered his ears with his claws, gave a hideous grin.

But I was stubborn. "He said that the greatest of gods made the world, every wonder-bright plain and the turning seas. He said--"

"Ridiculous."

"Why?"

"What god? Where? Life-force, you mean? The principle of process? God as the history of Chance?"

In some way that I couldn't explain, I knew that his scorn of my childish credulity was right.

"Nevertheless, something will come of all this," I said.

"Nothing," he said. "A brief pulsation in the black hole of eternity. My advice to you--"

"Wait and see," I said.

He shook his head. "My advice to you, my violent friend, is to seek out gold and sit on it."

• I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Eating some Looney Tunes fruit snacks I got from Big Lots

Fruit snacks hold up pretty well as child-marketed processed foods go
    latest
  • kill living beings
    irrationally bummed cos of something my boss said about me

o well

moving to spain
  • irrationally bummed cos of something my boss said about me

o well

moving to spain

we will gladly have you
  • kill living beings
    can't you specify my i

hm

too tireed to joke in response

oh well

oh, well.

i need a job, i think
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    You could be my servant.

Wait, a proper job, you mean.
  • kill living beings
    servant would be okay

well, i don't think i like the dependence of a master/servant relationship, though, it's not working in la academe
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    We can iron out the details Klino.
    I should download a bunch of '90s crapware from textfiles.com and run it in my Windows 98 VM for laughs
  • edited 2015-07-11 06:31:18
    So, Come On Eileen came on and I got in a really good mood, which, all things considered, is highly inappropriate.
  • Kexruct said:

So, Come On Eileen came on and I got in a really good mood, which, all things considered, is highly inappropriate.

it's a good song, honestly
    Discovery Family has been showing the 2010 Yogi Bear

They're fucking with me on purpose
  • What to do today...

Clean the house, do some heisting on GTA Online, or continue my The Sims 3 soap opera?
  • naney said:

odradek worries about the math nerds but it is the people of the hypebeast.com comments section who shall command the new world order

does anyone else think that "It G Ma" is the greatest rap song ever made
    i prefer this
    https://soundcloud.com/spazzkid/keith-ape-it-g-ma-spazzkid-bootleg
  • come on eileen is bad but maybe i just associate it too much with really bad wedding disco style DJs
    when thinking about how I need to kill Discovery's shitty reality shows I realize that my problem is that I hang out with too many smart people who don't watch stuff like Street Outlaws
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    I know not a lot of folks agree with me on the whole subject of writing conflict (I believe the default position is "the more the better"), but it is the opinion of me and a few others that unless you give the audience a breather every once in a while, people are going to start wondering why they stick around at all.
  • I hear the hunt
  • *does the Elaine 8enes dance*
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Wu-Tang Clan saw their neighborhood as Shaolin Temple, where men are tested and made strong.

In Man With The Iron Fists, RZA plays a slave who escapes from America to China, a place that might as well be called Shaolin Temple, where he practices Buddhism and martial arts and learns new strength.

??? coincidence???
  • waitress at the breakfast place said I made her feel old due to my haircut reminding her of Flock of Seagulls
  • So I quoted something in spoiler tags and it just showed "spoiler" and then the quote in plain text. The formatting gods are against us.
  • MachSpeed said:

I know not a lot of folks agree with me on the whole subject of writing conflict (I believe the default position is "the more the better"), but it is the opinion of me and a few others that unless you give the audience a breather every once in a while, people are going to start wondering why they stick around at all.

Yeah, I hear you. Relatedly, I'm not a fan of fantasy stories where it's just constant relentless terrible situations for the protagonists. If you craft a wonderful world of magic, there should at least be moments where something, well, wonderful happens. Otherwise, what's the point?

(The book that probably clarified this for me the most was "The Man Who Was Thursday", oddly enough.)
    We are the Crystal Birbs

We'll always chirp away

And if you think we can't

We'll prob'ly lay an egg