The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• My dreams exceed my real life

How does splash mountain keep making pictures that look so terrible and outdated?

Presumably they just haven't updated the cameras in ages
    But Disney has all the money. can't they just throw a bit of that at splash mountain?
    They have money, but they have nothing to prove.

The composition of the Waters – the dance, the growth, the flowering and decay of the corporeal, the separation and the conjunction of spirit and body, these are not the result of discrete natures but of a single nature acting upon itself, a uniform quality such as the solidity of metals or the moisture of plants. Within this single system of many colors, the quest, shimmering and myriad, is preserved. In accord with time’s measured rhythm, it synchronizes with the waxing and waning of the moon as Nature flows through itself in cycles of contraction and expansion.”

After I uttered these words, I fell into a trance and saw before me a sacrificial hierophant perched atop a broad, bowl-shaped altar. A ladder of fifteen steps climbed to its top. The hierophant arose and a voice from above addressed me: “I have accomplished the descent of the fifteen steps of night and have ascended the fifteen steps of illumination. The one who sacrifices me also revives me through casting aside the heavy sediment of the body. And since by the will of necessity I am an initiated hierophant, I become spirit.”

I listened to the words of the one atop the bowl-shaped altar then asked him who he was. He answered me in a quavering voice: “I am Ion, hierophant of the innermost sanctuary and I have endured unbearable violence. At dawn, I was overtaken and dismembered by one wielding a sword. He chopped me apart according to the strictures of harmony. He gripped his blade, scalped me, and gathered together my bones and flesh. Then he burned them in the numinous fire until I learned to become spirit through transformation of the body.” I compelled him and after he spoke these words his eyes turned blood-red and he vomited up all of his flesh. I saw him as a deformed, tiny homunculus, gnashing at himself with his own teeth while he disintegrated.

I awoke in terror and wondered if this was the composition of the Waters. I thought I had understood it well and fell back into a trance. I saw the same bowl-shaped altar filled with boiling water. There were many people, infinite in number, within it, but there was no one outside of the altar that I could question. I moved in closer for a better look at this sight and noticed an aged homunculus barber, who questioned me about what I saw. I said that I was astounded by the boiling water and the people in it who were cooking and yet still alive. He answered: “This is where the act of preservation takes place. Those who hope to master the Art arrive here and, through shedding the body, become spirit.” So I said: “Are you a spirit?” And he answered: “A spirit and a guardian of spirits.”

As we spoke, the water continued to boil and the people screamed. I saw a man made of copper who held a lead tablet in his hand. He stared at the tablet and proclaimed: “I command all those who suffer to be calm, to take up a tablet and write with their own hand. Turn your face to the sky and keep your mouth open till your uvula is swollen.” The act followed the word and the lord of the house said to me: “You have seen. Craning your neck upwards, you have seen what is accomplished. This man of copper is the sacrificial hierophant and the sacred offering. It is he who vomited his own flesh. The power over this Water and those who suffer was given to him.” After experiencing this vision, I awoke again and asked myself: “How to interpret this? Is this the white and yellow water, boiling and divine?”

I found that I understood it correctly and I said that it was beautiful to speak and lovely to hear. Beautiful to give and to receive, lovely to be rich and to be poor. How does Nature learn to give and to receive? The man of copper gives and the water-stone receives. Metals give and plants receive. The stars give and flowers receive. The sky gives and the earth receives. Thunder yields flashing fire. All things are interwoven and unravel. All things mingle and fuse. All things mingle and disperse. All things moisten and dry. All things flower and bloom in the bowl-shaped altar. For each, the conjunction and separation of all occurs through method, measure and the weight of the four elements. There is no chain of being without this method. Inhalation and exhalation are the method of Nature. The order of the method is preserved through expansion and contraction. Simply, when all things unite and separate in harmony and no part of the method is neglected, then Nature is transformed. Nature rotates and cycles back upon itself. This is the chain of being and the nature of the Art for the whole cosmos.

Dear friend, so I don’t have to write to you about many things, from a single stone that is like Saturnian lead, like alabaster, like the marble of Prokonnesos, build a temple without beginning or end – an infinite monolith. Inside the temple, let there be a spring of pure water that glitters with the brightness of the sun. Take your sword in your hand after you discover where the entrance of the temple is located. There will be a narrow passage nearby and the entrance itself will be guarded by a serpent. Seize the serpent, sacrifice him. Flay him and place his bones and his organs into piles. Then, before the temple’s entrance, fuse his bones to his flesh, fashion steps out of his body, and enter.

You will find what you have been searching for: the hierophant, the man of copper, who sits in the spring gathering his substance – but do not think of him as the man of copper. He has transformed the color of his nature and has become a man of silver. And, if you wish, you will suddenly have a man of gold.

• imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Odradek said:

Please don't

Sorry.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    moo
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    Tachyon said:

Odradek said:

Please don't

Sorry.
    I think he was talking to Kex there more than you.
    We were both at fault.
    ENEMY ZERO WILL BECOME A MORE MOVIE-ORIENTED TITLE, WITH LAURA AS AN ACTRESS. THE MAIN STAGE OF THE WORK WILL BE THE SPACE ITSELF. BUT ENEMY ZERO WILL HAVE AN ASPECT OF AMUSEMENT AS A GAME AS WELL, WITH A LESS WEIGHT. ONE OF THE CONCEPTUAL SUBJECTS OF THE WORK WILL BE "DIGITAL SADNESS" MULTIMEDIA, AS DIGITAL MEDIA, HAS EPHEMERAL FACTORS AND RISKS. THROUGH SHOWING ENEMY ZERO, I WOULD LIKE TO MAKE IT CLEAR THAT THERE ARE SUCH CONTINGENCY RISKS IN THE DIGITAL WORLD OF THE MODERN TIMES.
    dolores umbridge was a feminist because she was a woman in a position of power who wasn’t afraid to embrace traditional femininity 
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    Odradek said:

dolores umbridge was a feminist because she was a woman in a position of power who wasn’t afraid to embrace traditional femininity 

i bet people say this sort of thing unironically about margaret thatcher so
    https://www.reddit.com/r/EnoughLibertarianSpam/comments/3cgla4/lesswrong_of_course_race_realism_is_rational/

Oswald and his sister are doing it again
    They've got the finest home movies that you have ever seen
    They've got a thousand variations, every service with a smile
    They're gonna take a little break and they'll be back after a while
    Well, I hear that South America is coming into style
    Calica said:

Odradek said:

i bet people say this sort of thing unironically about margaret thatcher so
    Not really, in my experience.

People do unironically call Margaret Thatcher a feminist (in spite of her disdain for feminism and her otherwise male cabinet), but for the most part she adopted a traditionally masculine image which makes "embrace traditional femininity" difficult to take seriously.
    Dolores Hoff Umbridge

Based Witch
  • What social darwinists almost never consider is the possibility that they may be the ones at the top of the extermination short list.
    fav
    look at all these iq tests they scored high on, they are our new math nerd overlords
    If that song was released today, you would have reaction videos at the groundbreaking realization that

The Walrus was Paul
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    i still say we need to get lil b to condemn gamergate
  • Lil B won't condemn gamergate because Lil B loves everyone except for a select few basketball players.
  • Lil B won't condemn gamergate because Lil B loves everyone except for a select few basketball players.

well maybe more people need to steal his cooking dance then
    Arizona is too hot but it's amazingly beautiful
    the desert
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Everyone should watch Buddha's Palm if they like Kung Fu Hustle, because the former is like leagues more fuckbugs insane than the latter.
  • Wikipedia said:

In reality, the Buddhist Palm fighting style does not leave palm-shaped craters and holes on impact.

Sweet Simon and Hella Garfunkel
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    naney said:

Wikipedia said:

In reality, the Buddhist Palm fighting style does not leave palm-shaped craters and holes on impact.

It also doesn't shoot fucking lasers.

Also, it really should be "Tathagata's Palm."
  • i like how the one dude was shooting swords and the other dude was shooting hands
    I misread the schedule and I missed my class. It's going on right now.

I am a fucking genius.
  • MachSpeed said:

Everyone should watch Buddha's Palm if they like Kung Fu Hustle, because the former is like leagues more fuckbugs insane than the latter.

Where can I watch it?
    Odradek said:

Arizona is too hot but it's amazingly beautiful

don't believe him, it's a horrid hole of messy destruction and terror.
  • edited 2015-07-08 06:39:13
    Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
  • Fucking hell, I got a decent sleep last night. Why am I so tired?
  • for some reason i feel like making a d&d character right now
  • no, you see, i'm not a acfually creative; i just steal cool ideas from other sources
  • and make them my own
    but if you can convince people they're your ideas, that's the mark of a mature poet according to TS Eliot
  • perhaps the same could be said of mature poets
    A=A, yes
    no context for you
  • your ideas are as empty as your...okay i don't feel like continuing this one
  • i guess rayne could be a warlock?
    ranye west
  • well this was an amusing skim

http://dnd-wiki.org/wiki/Eldritch_Weaver_(3.5e_Prestige_Class)
    Marisa explains it all
    the dead hour

maybe
  • I actually liked the skits in NC's Jupiter Ascending review.