The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    So the graffiti is pretty good?
  • apparently they have good sandwiches too?
  • I am really happy with what I've done with the outro for my latest EP.

I know no one here cares but eeeeeeeee.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Yarrun XIX said:image

The Warners sure had a hard time getting work after
    Animaniacs was cancelled
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

The Warners sure had a hard time getting work after Animaniacs was cancelled
    see my first thought was "not sure if Disney or Fleischer or Schlesinger (Warner Bros. Cartoons' original name)"
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I feel teenagery this week

Does that mean I'm defective
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    all humans are defective.

some cows too.
  • I feel teenagery this week

Does that mean I'm defective

No.

It means you should watch something silly and escapist and enjoy yourself and celebrate because you are doing pretty well at life right now from what I've heard so you should take the week off, mentally speaking.
  • yes.

as such, your castle is being downgraded: say hello to your new abode and roommate

Incidentally I do my best writing when I feel teenagery, for some reason
  • I still feel teenagery, despite being 21 this month.

And I have found my new favourite band ^-^
  • Aliroz said:

Be glad the media ignores you.  Be glad you have no Fortune 500 corporations headed in your place.

Both of those things allow your city to have its own personality.

I mean, look what happened to New York.

Times Square was bought by Disney and looks like a theme park now, instead of a place to get murdered and mugged for free.

The more the media and corporations know of your town, the more they care about it, the less voice the actual people of the town are able to have.
    speaking as a Londoner this post is 100% spot on
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Kexruct said:

I watched The Pervert's Guide to Ideology and I don't know if I should feel stupid or not, which makes me feel stupid

What's the problem? Maybe I can help
    Embedded image permalink
    Anonus said:

Odradek said:

A giant blue head with saggy skin and three long arms

?
    I envisioned it last night while I was half asleep.

It has two arms in the back, one arm near the chin. It has a rougly oval head. It has saggy wrinkly blue skin, dead eyes, a frown like a Gustave Dore illustration, a large goblinish nose, and long spindly arms. It is nose level to a small mountain.
    Marvel
    Interseries continuity is a tool of the Content Creators to keep Consumers Consuming their Brand.
  • edited 2015-07-02 16:07:22
    Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    It's not a story about the Red Skull as a protagonist, it's a story where a bunch of assholes go looking for the Red Skull. Kind of like how Jaws is not a movie about the shark as a protagonist, it's a movie about five assholes getting eaten by a shark.

Like I love Battleworld and I'll read most of it eventually but I'm not reading that. It just doesn't seem interesting. Also, since this is Battleworld and is only like eight years old, Nazis don't exist, and whoever this Skull is supposed to be, that's supposed to be some mystery and bleh.

So this makes it sound worse than it is, and while it's pretty bad, it's not literally "let's tell the untold story of some Nazi supervillain," and I would appreciate if you would not rumor-monger, Myr.
    Odradek said:

Interseries continuity is a tool of the Content Creators to keep Consumers Consuming their Brand.

• edited 2015-07-02 16:12:09
    Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    I know this, and I don't care. Shovel that shit in my mouth. I love it.

But don't say that the shit I put in my mouth is a ticking time-bomb made of suffering. Don't pass it off as something else. It's dishonest.
  • edited 2015-07-02 16:20:05
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Odradek said:

Sometimes, maybe.

Having an imaginary fictional world to explore is nice.
  • Odradek said:

"I get consumers 'sumin" - alternate universe CEO Cam'Ron
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Like idk why that would even be "shit".

Keeping a consistent fictional universe going is quite an undertaking and i don't see anything intrinsically bad about such a thing.
    Like yes Red Skull being an antihero is horrible and yes Red Skull teaming up with Magneto is horrible and even yes Marvel is horrible, fine.

But you're painting with a very broad brush.
  • instead of having this tired argument again let's all listen to this song in which Cam'Ron claims to be the thing that makes computers work and samples an opera

We have literally never had this argument ever before even once.

And i feel we should have, this needs addressing.
  • Tachyon said:

We have literally never had this argument ever before even once.

And i feel we should have, this needs addressing.

first of all we have had discussion about capital-C Content like 200 times in the past week alone

second of all

a discussion implies there is some kind of two way communication

not just people talking across one another
  • edited 2015-07-02 16:31:05
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    i don't think even the people using the word "Content" know what it means, it means one thing to Odradek and another to Miss Utilis
  • Actually, inconsistency within a given work or series of works is extremely good and owns
  • WHAT DOES IT MEAN "PLAY US OFF"

THERE'S NO WORDS ON IT
  • no one here ever knows what anyone else here is talking about because no one here is ever willing to explain themselves which is a problem that for some reason we just sort of ignore
    sunn wolf said:

Actually, inconsistency within a given work or series of works is extremely good and owns

Care to elaborate?

i can accept that it's one of those rules that you can get some artistic mileage out of breaking, but i think maintaining consistency over a large body of work is itself quite an impressive thing with creative potential.
    sunn wolf said:

Actually, inconsistency within a given work or series of works is extremely good and owns

Yes
  • i have bought this very important vest, which is like mmildly nsfw if you work at the nun factory or something idk.

Dillinger's recent work is broadly pretty bad but i can't not cop that, sorry.
  • also 50% of the money from it goes to a lgbt charity, which is cool.
    That's some vest.
  • and no you cannot have any context for that pagetopper. none. zero
    Odradek said:

sunn wolf said:

Yes
    All right, i'm listening.  Please, go on.
  • edited 2015-07-02 16:42:16
    My dreams exceed my real life
    In Jojo's Bizarre Adventure a character is drawn this way when he is introduced.

This is how he is drawn several chapters later

i can't see that first image.  Just getting a 'no hotlinking' message here.
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...

no one here ever knows what anyone else here is talking about because no one here is ever willing to explain themselves which is a problem that for some reason we just sort of ignore

... I think you're exaggerating a tad too much, even if HH does have that issue to some degree. And besides that if you don't like the current topic of discussion, unless I'm mistaken, it's a matter of ignoring that and continuing to ramble about whatever you want, as this site is built for.
  • Crystal said:

no one here ever knows what anyone else here is talking about because no one here is ever willing to explain themselves which is a problem that for some reason we just sort of ignore

... I think you're exaggerating a tad too much, even if HH does have that issue to some degree. And besides that if you don't like the current topic of discussion, unless I'm mistaken, it's a matter of ignoring that and continuing to ramble about whatever you want, as this site is built for.
    "Just ignore it" is great advice fwiw.
    Tachyon said:

i can't see that first image.  Just getting a 'no hotlinking' message here.

I moved it to imgur, try it now