The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    :(
    The village is especially popular with British tourists; as a local tour guide explained: "The Germans all want to see Mozart's house in Salzburg; the Americans want to see where The Sound of Music was filmed; the Japanese want Hitler's birthplace in Braunau; but for the British, it's all about Fucking." Augustina Lindlbauer, the manager of an area guesthouse, noted that the area had lakes, forests, and vistas worth visiting, but there was an "obsession with Fucking". Lindlbauer recalled how she had to explain to a British female tourist "that there were no Fucking postcards."
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    Byakuren said:

Hurt so much fuck
    And It's only halfway done

I love you. *kiss kiss*
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.

everybody knows that the victims in slasher films are the true villains, and the slasher person himself is just doing the will of God by removing them from the universe

:o Doesn't that make the monster really the tragic anti-hero?
    yah
  • i am frustrated with myself for waking up so late again ._.
    I know that feeling
    dinosaur pants.
    off to work I go
  • this (music) is how i feel right now

i got nothing done again today

Was doing nothing part of your plan?

no, i actually wanted to get stuff done

at least a couple of things
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    He raced on dandy rye's day.
    (2015 self)

The saw liar's curfew.
    (2015 self)

The skin mean on Leeward beet waners.
  • edited 2014-06-02 14:20:40
    Crystal said:

-removed for snideness-

Just because you come here to spam all sorts of things doesn't mean the rest of us are. At least, not all the time. This place really isn't that much of a wonderposting forum, at least not entirely.

I see Tachyon got to it already.You rarely, rarely need to read beyond the past, like, 2-3 pages (skimming, at that!) to get any sense of context. Especially since this thread, and this forum overall, really enjoys jumping from subject to subject without much care.
    [sad] I'M SOWWYYYYYY ;_; (seriously, i'm sorry about that)

[argumentative] this is supposed to be a shitposting forum so it could be argued that you people who don't use it as one are abusing it

[actual response in most cases] *looks downward guiltily and walks away*
  • so The Byzantines have just landed in Thomond and are besieging the Irish capitol.

You uh

you keep doing that guys, I'm sure something'll come of it.
    (2015 self)
    This is a wonder posting forum. Spamming is acceptable so long as you don't tick off the admons with a well of text.

So, thirty one word posts is okay, but one George Orwell essay is not.

Note that Aliroz is only allowed four posts in a row before getting on trouble. But heapers should be good for thirty.
  • Aliroz said:

So, thirty one word posts is okay,

no, that's

no

that's no. no.

Rozay do you know if there's a Scandinavian version of Connor/Conchobar and if so what it is
  • edited 2014-06-02 14:26:32
    actually i don't mind it when you mass-wonderpost or longpost, aliroz

for what it's worth.
  • also to follow up on something earlier

@tachyon yeah i guess "ey" isn't a perfect gender-neutral singular third-person pronoun either.  hm...
  • I really wish there was a way to change the name of a country in this game.

The thing that is being called The Golden Horde is very much not a Mongol Khanate in any way.
  • edited 2014-06-02 14:32:51
    i still think that "singular they" seems to work fine if you're talking about a hypothetical person ("a human can only think the things they have experienced before") but it gets awkward when trying to replace "he"/"she" for referring to specific people.

though at this point we might as well just have everyone define their preferred pronoun -- be it "he", "she", alternated "he"/"she", "it", "he/she", "s/he", "yo", "ze", "ey", "they", "e", "hu", "per", "thon", etc.

as well as correpsonding verb conjugation, heck
    and the use of "themself"/"themselves" for singular "they"
  • so
    everyone who is legion
    please stand up
  • edited 2014-06-02 14:54:40
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)

Aliroz said:

no, that's

no

that's no. no.

Rozay do you know if there's a Scandinavian version of Connor/Conchobar and if so what it is

Not that I know of. I know of no Scandinavian variants of Connor, Conchobar, Conchobhar, Conchobuír.

And I've been others do the thirty one word posts, or an entire page. This is a forum for spamming and junk posting, but the mods have a thing against walls of text because they're no fun and they also autolock threads.

Anyways, Pixar ticked me off with the character Kari in The Incredibles. Kari is a wonderful Norwegian name meaning pure. Like Karin, Katerin, it's been deprived of its almost angelic wonder and magic.

Dang it. why do only Latin names yet to have mystique and wonder?
  • edited 2014-06-02 14:58:31
    Munch munch, chomp chomp...

Crystal said:

-removed for snideness-

Just because you come here to spam all sorts of things doesn't mean the rest of us are. At least, not all the time. This place really isn't that much of a wonderposting forum, at least not entirely.

I see Tachyon got to it already.You rarely, rarely need to read beyond the past, like, 2-3 pages (skimming, at that!) to get any sense of context. Especially since this thread, and this forum overall, really enjoys jumping from subject to subject without much care.
    [sad] I'M SOWWYYYYYY ;_; (seriously, i'm sorry about that)

[argumentative] this is supposed to be a shitposting forum so it could be argued that you people who don't use it as one are abusing it

[actual response in most cases] *looks downward guiltily and walks away*
    To Aliroz too.

This is open to wonderposting, sure, but my only argument is that it's kind of disingenuous to say it's only that. It's not hard at all to think about the serious (drama-filled or otherwise) arguments in the main heap or elsewhere, or to find people seriously (but casually) discussing their interests. And yes, I realize how silly this argument is. I have trouble not responding sometimes.

v Well, I don't disagree with acceptability.
  • edited 2014-06-02 15:04:49
    (2015 self)
    I'm just saying that for heapers, actual discussion is almost as acceptable as wonder posts. Both acceptable, but wonder posts came first and come first.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    For the record, there is a flood filter in place

It's not actually possible to post 30 times in a row unless you spread them out over the course of several minutes
    (2015 self)

It's not actually possible to post 30 times in a row unless you spread them out over the course of several minutes

And you guys call yourselves loose and carefree.
  • Aliroz said:

Aliroz said:

no, that's

no

that's no. no.

Not that I know of. I know of no Scandinavian variants of Connor, Conchobar, Conchobhar, Conchobuír.
    Do you have any idea what an Irish-born King of Denmark named Conchobar might reasonably be called by the natives?

with his brother and successor Magnus it's obviously not as much of a problem.

(2015 self)

Aliroz said:

Aliroz said:

no, that's

no

that's no. no.

Do you have any idea what an Irish-born King of Denmark named Conchobar might reasonably be called by the natives?

with his brother and successor Magnus it's obviously not as much of a problem.

Cainder. Or Cainner.
    (2015 self)
    It's how my grandfather pronounces that name. As, according to him, did his father and uncle.

They found it easier to say than "Connor".
  • edited 2014-06-02 15:31:04
    (2015 self)
    pasta.
  • edited 2014-06-02 15:40:26
    (2015 self)

WHY, LA COMPUTADORA? WHY DOES IT TAKE YOU SEVENTEEN SECONDS TO SEND A POST?

THESE SEVENTEEN SECONDS ARE WHEN HEAPERS INTERRUPT OUR TRIPLEPOSTS.

• edited 2014-06-02 15:37:13
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
  • I woke up like thirty minutes ago. This sleeping for fourteen hours thing has got to stop.
  • edited 2014-06-02 15:37:05
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Kexruct said:

I woke up like thirty minutes ago. This sleeping for fourteen hours thing has got to stop.

Mon 02 Jun 2014 03:25:34 PM 
  • edited 2014-06-02 15:38:20
    (2015 self)
    pasta.
  • the tentative List of The Kings of Eire, and Other Notable Members of The Great Houses de Lymrek, Mac Conchobair, and Ua Briain, is as follows

House Ua Briain, descendants of Brian, King of Munster
    • Legendary Tadg

House Mac Conchobair,; Conchobar I, cousin of Legendary Tadg, and his descendants

• Conchobar I
    • Conchobar II (First Time) (Also Conchobar I, King of The Welsh)
    • Enri The Pious (First Time)
    • Conchobar II (Second Time)
    • Enri The Pious (Second Time)
    • Brian mac Enri
    • Conchobar III, The Illustrious (Also King of Jerusalem, as Connor)

House de Lymrek, or The Magnusians, descendants of Conchobar The Illustrious patrilineally, and the Estrid kings of Denmark matrilineally, the distinction is made at the beginning of the reign of Magnus I (Magnus II of Denmark), for historical reasons. The two dynasties were not distinguished in contemporary sources. 

• Magnus I, The Chaste (Magnus II of Denmark)
    • Magnus II, The Noble (Magnus III of Denmark, also Magnus I of Alba, and Magnus I of Finland)
    • Conchobar IV (briefly Cainder II of Denmark before the Baltic Territories were abandoned. Descendants of Conchobar's brother Magnus The Short rule the Duchy of Sjaelland to this day)
    • Lugaid mac Conchobar (presided over the formal unification of the Kingdoms of Eire, Alba/Scotland, and Wales. First Irish king to also be "King of Wales" instead of "King of The Welsh")
    • Magnus III
    • Queen Aife

Other notable de Lymreks,

Archbishops of Gwynedd -- The Position of Archbishop of Gwynedd was by no means hereditary, but it did fall into family hands with some regularity, much to the dismay of a number of Popes. Archbishops of Gwynedd were also titular "Kings of Wales" until the reassignment of that title to the King of Eire:

• Donnchad mac Conchobar
    • Conchobar I, mac Lorcan
    • Enri mac Lorcan
    • Conchobar II, mac Conchobar (later elected Pope)
    • Lorcan The Bastard

Grandmasters of The Knights Hospitaller -- Two de Lymreks held this most illustrious position:

• Lorcan The Bearded
    • Brian mac Brian

Popes -- Conchobar IV's uncle, also named Conchobar, would be elected to the Papacy:

• Vigilius II

Kings of Denmark, solely:

• Cainder I, Caindersen (died at the age of 14, after three years of rule)
    Dukes of Holland
    • Fergal de Lymrek
    (2015 self)

the tentative List of The Kings of Eire, and Other Notable Members of The Great Houses de Lymrek, Mac Conchobair, and Ua Briain, is as follows

House Ua Briain, descendants of Brian, King of Munster

• Legendary Tadg

House Mac Conchobair,; Conchobar I, cousin of Legendary Tadg, and his descendants

• Conchobar I
    • Conchobar II (First Time) (Also Conchobar I, King of The Welsh)
    • Enri The Pious (First Time)
    • Conchobar II (Second Time)
    • Enri The Pious (Second Time)
    • Brian mac Enri
    • Conchobar III, The Illustrious (Also King of Jerusalem, as Connor)

House de Lymrek, or The Magnusians, descendants of Conchobar The Illustrious patrilineally, and the Estrid kings of Denmark matrilineally, the distinction is made at the beginning of the reign of Magnus I (Magnus II of Denmark), for historical reasons. The two dynasties were not distinguished in contemporary sources. 

• Magnus I, The Chaste (Magnus II of Denmark)
    • Magnus II, The Noble (Magnus III of Denmark, also Magnus I of Alba, and Magnus I of Finland)
    • Conchobar IV (briefly Cainder II of Denmark before the Baltic Territories were abandoned. Descendants of Conchobar's brother Magnus The Short rule the Duchy of Sjaelland to this day)
    • Lugaid mac Conchobar (presided over the formal unification of the Kingdoms of Eire, Alba/Scotland, and Wales. First Irish king to also be "King of Wales" instead of "King of The Welsh")
    • Magnus III
    • Queen Aife

Other notable de Lymreks,

Archbishops of Gwynedd -- The Position of Archbishop of Gwynedd was by no means hereditary, but it did fall into family hands with some regularity, much to the dismay of a number of Popes. Archbishops of Gwynedd were also titular "Kings of Wales" until the reassignment of that title to the King of Eire:

• Donnchad mac Conchobar
    • Conchobar I, mac Lorcan
    • Enri mac Lorcan
    • Conchobar II, mac Conchobar (later elected Pope)
    • Lorcan The Bastard

Grandmasters of The Knights Hospitaller -- Two de Lymreks held this most illustrious position:

• Lorcan The Bearded
    • Brian mac Brian

Popes -- Conchobar IV's uncle, also named Conchobar, would be elected to the Papacy:

• Vigilius II

Kings of Denmark, solely:

• Cainder I, Caindersen (died at the age of 14, after three years of rule)
    Dukes of Holland
    • Fergal de Lymrek

Brilliant! I love how you remembered that Sjaelland exists!

And "Lorcan the bearded" is at least in the top fifteen names ever.
    WARNING
    THIS IS NOT SIMILATION. GET READY TO DESTOROY THE ENEMY. TARGET FOR THE WEAK POINTS OF F**KIN' MACHINE. DO YOUR BEST YOU HAVE EVER DONE.
  • I don't have to remember, Sjaelland is an independant state in game.

Though Denmark itself is gone now and has been for a while, Sjaelland covers most of its former territory and is also an HRE member state.

Parts of upper Denmark are now owned by Sweden-Norway.
  • Aliroz said:

from my experience it's actually quite difficult to hit this limit, unless you're posting like one word, the hitting post comment, then posting another word, then hitting post comment, etc.
  • other things I enjoy about this particular universe so far:

Lepes, a Catholic Berber kingdom in North Africa and southern Spain

Estonia doing well for itself

The Golden Horde not having Mongol as an accepted culture, being Catholic, and not being a Horde.
    (2015 self)

Aliroz said:

from my experience it's actually quite difficult to hit this limit, unless you're posting like one word, the hitting post comment, then posting another word, then hitting post comment, etc.

Considering the speed of my computers, I don't have to worry about that, then.
  • now Poland is assaulting Ireland.

what is it with these people
    WARNING
    THIS GAME IS FOR USE IN
    JAPAN
    ONLY. SALES, EXPORT, OR OPERATION OUTSIDE THIS COUNTRY MAY BE CONSIDERED AS COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT AND IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED. VIOLATOR AND SUBJECT TO SEVERE PENALTIES AND WILL BE PROSECUTEDT TO THE FULL EXTENT OF THE JAM.