The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• Tachyon said:

...I'm being tactless again.  You don't need to answer, Naney.  Or Anonus.

I just feel like this forum is a fairly non-judgemental environment and we can be mostly pretty mature about stuff.

I mean if this were IJBM I'd see your point but we don't devote ourselves to complaining about stuff.

And when we do comment on dumb things that happened I feel like it's just one of the other myriad things we talk about

and it's a potential learning experience for people like me who worry a lot about the consequences of online stuff

Like it's just

I feel like we all have roughly the same opinion on the entire CWC....existence, I don't really know of a particular word for it, and it's not a pleasant subject, nor is it one whose existence is horrible enough to merit outrage.

I just don't see the point in discussing it. It's not like I think I'm better than people who do, it just gets on my nerves. I feel like talking about it just makes everyone vaguely irritated, regardless of whether it's actually discussed or just brought up. There are a couple topics like that.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    I suppose you're right.

Sorry for going on about this.
  • Tachyon said:

I looked up this horse and apparently he came second in the Kentucky Derby

but I don't know what that means in real terms, probably just the kind of thing that generates false hope :/

I actually know a decent bit about horse racing cuz my mom really likes it, basically my understanding is that Commanding Curve is one of those horses that everyone thinks is gonna like be the next Seabiscuit. Apparently it happens pretty often.
  • Tachyon said:

I suppose you're right.

Sorry for going on about this.

Dunworryaboudit
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I just had my fill of CWC stuff back in 2010...I can only stare at despair itself for so long before I have to look away...
    I guess I've tended to take 'let's not talk about this' type posts as a personal affront, like it's a judgemental thing.

I should stop doing that.
  • The thing with CWC is that...

The aim of the people who troll him is to goad him into humiliating himself in public. And when you talk about CWC's further misadventures, you are essentially directly contributing to the ongoing public humiliation of a rather gross non-functional autistic man.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Tachyon said:

I guess I've tended to take 'let's not talk about this' type posts as a personal affront, like it's a judgemental thing.

Same.
  • I'm not sure if colonizing got nerfed or if I'm just awful but I cannot take anything in Africa anymore apparently.

EU4 continues to arbitrarily get harder at the behest of a very small minority of players :/
  • Now this gross non-functioning autistic man may not be a good or meritful person, and his... antics may be, for lack of a better word, entertaining, but that is besides the point.
  • We can do anything if we do it together.

Tachyon said:

Same.
    Yeah, I admit I did that just now, too…

I feel really awkward right now and I'm not sure what to do about that.
  • The Kingdom of Jerusalem just declared me its rival.

They have literally a single province that borders mine (they have a single province in France--the Ile de France itself--and I have holdings in Brittany).

REALISM
    I don't find him entertaining in the slightest.  I don't even like hearing about him.

I dunno what my point is here.
  • Actually I'm mistaken, they don't even border Brittany.

That makes this even less sensical.
    They got out of the wrong side of the bed and looked for a country to pick a fight with.

Or maybe they just don't like you.
  • Amazon.co.uk and the Insufferable Wanker
  • Their relations with me before were 50 (which is as near neutral as a country with the same religion as you can generally be).

We don't share a dynasty either (Eire is helmed by the de Lymreks, Jerusalem by the d'Anjous), so it's not a matter of trying to force a personal union.
    YOUR PRESIDENT and his vp
  • Cook & Busboyman
  • edited 2014-06-02 00:57:22
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    It's food for thought I suppose, but out of all the products I need/want in my life, a quality canvas bag is pretty far down the list, and presumably what goes for canvas bags is also true of e.g. clothes, cleaning products, books, produce...

Spending $300 on a single bag would feel absurdly extravagant, but that could be a prejudice I suppose.  Maybe the ethical thing to do is to save for it and do without a bag otherwise.

I'd need to be convinced that it was really the minimum ethical price to pay for a bag, at least.  Otherwise it makes more sense to me to go for the co-operative products.
  • edited 2014-06-02 00:58:55

i don't think the dude was saying that we should all pay 300 dollars for a canvas bag, he was just saying that one should pay extra for ethically made goods if one can afford it.

I too would consider a 300 dollar bag an extravagance for myself, but as he uses such a bag every day i think it would make sense for him to want to pay even more for something that was of high quality and had all the extra features that he wanted.
  • edited 2014-06-02 01:02:56
    Actually I guess I'm not informed enough to comment, since I have never had a full-time occupation so my perception of what's expensive could be incorrect I guess.

$78 for a bag also sounds like a highly extravagant purchase.

^ Oh... I missed that point, then.  I suppose if he can afford it, he may well be right that it isn't unethical.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    how the hell did it get to be 1 in the morning
    Time flies.
  • edited 2014-06-02 01:09:02
    ~*tasteless*~
    大學的年同性戀毛皮

aaaaa
    holy fuck imi that's not a touhou
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    it sort of is...
  • edited 2014-06-02 01:10:00
    Yes it is.

ninja'd
  • edited 2014-06-02 01:18:10
    Meanwhile in the Land of Hopeless Tories

it's that weird time of the morning where it feels too late to go back to bed, but I'm too sleepy to do anything

maybe I should get moving about, waken myself up a bit
  • ~*tasteless*~
    大學的年同性戀毛皮

aaaaa
    cosplay =/= touhou

• I really think we should talk about iCarly as reenacted by dads.
  • Kexruct said:

I really think we should talk about iCarly as reenacted by dads.
    yeah

i think we do
  • kill living beings
    cats: why?
  • edited 2014-06-02 01:51:17
    because the evolution of longer legs and the shape we now recognize as feliform enabled them to develop from a specialized arboreal predator into a ground based hunter, dramatically broadening the range of meat available to them, and this unfussy diet gave them a survival advantage over herbivores and specialized carnivores during the changing climate of successive glacial periods and interglacials
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Tachyon said:

because the evolution of longer legs and the shape we now recognize as feliform enabled them to develop from a specialized arboreal predator into a ground based hunter, dramatically broadening the range of meat available to them, and this unfussy diet gave them a survival advantage over herbivores and specialized carnivores during the changing climate of successive glacial periods and interglacials

Still, one wonders why they bother with us. Free food?

I mean, cats have been domesticated a very, very long time, I think longer than sheep or goats and certainly longer than chickens and geese.
  • edited 2014-06-02 02:00:00
    That is a good question.  I may have flippantly interpreted the post in a sense that I thought was likely not intended on the grounds that I didn't know the answer to the question posed. :p

Some cat species are social; even housecats turned feral will sometimes form social groups in the wild.

But like you say, free food.  And I guess they're territorial, too.  Maybe that's sufficient to explain their behaviour?
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    William Burroughs made the scientifically unprovable but terribly poetic assertion that cats adopted mankind as a gesture of spiritual charity, to bring us silly apes closer to the primal divine as familiars.
  • Tachyon said:

That is a good question.  I may have flippantly interpreted the post in a sense that I thought was likely not intended on the grounds that I didn't know the answer to the question posed. :p

Some cat species are social; even housecats turned feral will sometimes form social groups in the wild.

But like you say, free food.  And I guess they're territorial, too.  Maybe that's sufficient to explain their behaviour?

theeeeeeere's a group of like literally 30 or 40 feral housecats that live in this mobile home park we moved into.

They are fucking everywhere. We had to buy cat repellant.
  • edited 2014-06-02 02:05:18

What are cats?

We're just not sure.

Carnivorous mammal.  Liquid at room temperature.  Enslavers of the human race.
  • If I got a cat I would name it something unorthodox like Brick or Polkadot.
    I saw lots of feral cats in Spain, but I haven't seen groups of them around here.

If I got a cat I would name it something unorthodox like Brick or Polkadot.

The Naming of Cats is a difficult matter,
    It isn't just one of your holiday games;
    You may think at first I'm as mad as a hatter
    When I tell you, a cat must have THREE DIFFERENT NAMES.
    First of all, there's the name that the family use daily,
    Such as Peter, Augustus, Alonzo or James,
    Such as Victor or Jonathan, George or Bill Bailey--
    All of them sensible everyday names.
    There are fancier names if you think they sound sweeter,
    Some for the gentlemen, some for the dames:
    Such as Plato, Admetus, Electra, Demeter--
    But all of them sensible everyday names.
    But I tell you, a cat needs a name that's particular,
    A name that's peculiar, and more dignified,
    Else how can he keep up his tail perpendicular,
    Or spread out his whiskers, or cherish his pride?
    Of names of this kind, I can give you a quorum,
    Such as Munkustrap, Quaxo, or Coricopat,
    Such as Bombalurina, or else Jellylorum-
    Names that never belong to more than one cat.
    But above and beyond there's still one name left over,
    And that is the name that you never will guess;
    The name that no human research can discover--
    But THE CAT HIMSELF KNOWS, and will never confess.
    When you notice a cat in profound meditation,
    The reason, I tell you, is always the same:
    His mind is engaged in a rapt contemplation
    Of the thought, of the thought, of the thought of his name:
    His ineffable effable
    Effanineffable
    Deep and inscrutable singular Name.
  • Tachyon said:

I saw lots of feral cats in Spain

so wut ur sayin is dat i get wild pussy

if you go to Cheshire you'll get mad pussy
    a classy pagetopper if ever there was one
  • What the hell is Danger Mouse and why do they have Aqua Teen Hunger Force on their songs