The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

that was the one about a gorilla in a jungle or something right

It was about Brandy Harrington, a spoiled anthropomorphic dog who was from a rich family, getting stranded in the Amazon Rainforest with Mr. Whiskers, a rabbit who was trying so fucking hard to be both SpongeBob AND Stimpy at once

Apparently, during the second (and final) season, it received a retool from crew members of the then-recently-canceled (but not yet revived) Kim Possible and its quality went up

However, it has since faded into obscurity and seems to survive only thanks to furries who think Brandy Harrington is hot
  • The sadness will last forever.
    Royals is kind of a boring song.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    the elsewhere
    yeah, well

Cadpig
  • Pop song about being glamorous and famous - HATE IT

Pop song making fun of pop songs about being glamorous and famous - HATE IT

There's just no pleasing you people.

Spoiler:
    Royals is boring as shit but still

• kill living beings
    i only listen to pop songs made from the vivisected bodies of 50s television scripts
  • I only listen to dissected microreconstructional tone experiments, and only if said experiments were included in at least three entries into the Myst series as background music.
  • i only listen to music made by my beau
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    I only listen to music written by Robert Pollard.
  • I only listen to music by, for or about cats.
  • edited 2014-04-22 02:50:18
    We can do anything if we do it together.
    I only listen to old, half-forgotten pop songs.

• you think i'm joking but im not

I wasn't kidding either.
  • BEATEN SENSELESSLY by a CUTE BOY
  • I only listen to the sound made when George Volcano fills his water with {the sound of rubber rubbing against glass for a very brief moment}.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    I am okay with pop music being about anything.

It's just that one piece that I just cannot escape. I couldn't escape it on the internet, and I can't escape it now in the streets or on television.

It's everywhere.

It's everywhere.
  • I am okay with pop music being about anything.

It's just that one piece that I just cannot escape. I couldn't escape it on the internet, and I can't escape it now in the streets or on television.

It's everywhere.

It's everywhere.
    maybe this is just like, cross-global culture delay, but for me it was everywhere like four months ago.

I occasionally hear "Team" (Lorde's new single) but I don't really hear "Royals" anymore. But I like both of those, so maybe I wouldn't know.

Enjoy 5 Seconds of Summer when/if that band makes its way out of the US, by the way.

I'm at a McDonald's.
  • i have probably heard royals but am unaware that it is what it is, and i am actually quite happy with that state of afffairs
  • sunn wolf said:

i have probably heard royals but am unaware that it is what it is, and i am actually quite happy with that state of afffairs

It is a pop R&B song.

People tend to either love it or hate it.

• edited 2014-04-22 13:36:32

she has a pretty voice in the first part of the song
  • edited 2014-04-22 13:40:49

listening to it again her voice is more boring than i remembered

ah well
  • there's also a version with Rick Ross rapping lazily over like 20 seconds of it, but I figured you would not necessarily be interested in that.

Anyway, I have to get to class. Later everybody.
  • My dreams exceed my real life

there's also a version with Rick Ross rapping lazily over like 20 seconds of it, but I figured you would not necessarily be interested in that.

Anyway, I have to get to class. Later everybody.

Don't you mean Rick Ro$$

5 Seconds of Summer

once a week? :P
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    "In all three interviews, he defends the scene as rape that “becomes consensual.”
    Ok, now to never watch Game of Thrones.
  • "In all three interviews, he defends the scene as rape that “becomes consensual.”
    Ok, now to never watch Game of Thrones.
    i read that last night, got incredibly skeeved out
  • I'm quite partial to the Sad Clown With the Golden Voice version of Royals, which has pretty nice instruments and the absurdity of a giant clown.

Besides that, I care nothing for it.
  • Well, it becomes consensual by the end, because anything for them ultimately results in a turn-on, especially a power struggle[…] And it worked out really well. That’s one of my favorite scenes I’ve ever done.

bra-fucking-vo

go die in a ditch scumlord
  • My dreams exceed my real life

But if you close your eyes, 
    Does it almost feel like 
    Nothing changed at all? 
    And if you close your eyes, 
    Does it almost feel like
    You've been here before?
  • like honestly that's the grossest thing i've read all month
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I'm home from that place where I do boring stuff for money

Hi
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Sadly my bank account is a bit on the fucked-up side at present. v_v

I am waiting for Mother to return home so that we may go to the bank and sort things out
    Imi is present
    Hi Imi-person

What gender do you feel yourself to be today?
    Just human, that is all.
    Aww.

*gives you a lollipop from Princess Meredith's private collection*
    thanks
  • edited 2014-04-22 16:37:39

Well, it becomes consensual by the end, because anything for them ultimately results in a turn-on, especially a power struggle[…] And it worked out really well. That’s one of my favorite scenes I’ve ever done.

on one hand, he seems to be talking from the point of view of the character, who, from what I've heard, is pretty scumbaggy

but really, seeing how a large majority of the characters in the story are unlikeable in the first place, and from the sheer amount of violent crap that happens between them, it seems like the show just likes to pile on shock value towards the audience for its own sake
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
  • edited 2014-04-22 17:04:06
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Odradek said:

Eighties kids are the worst generation.

Naw, there are some worse ones, but none in the last century and a half, that's for sure.

grewsz hdzfjrxcnsy5eaz y54ea54ez y43a gyb3a4 y43w J J4S J4SA AA ANTRSU SR4KS 57K 54A

Hmm.  I think I'll try and decipher this.
    I still don't get how a series of pulpy fantasy novels became critically-praised TV.

I swear HBO could put a jar of mayonnaise on screen for 30 minutes, and critics would praise it.
  • edited 2014-04-22 16:44:50

crust punk bob dylan

I still don't get how a series of pulpy fantasy novels became critically-praised TV.

I swear HBO could put a jar of mayonnaise on screen for 30 minutes, and critics would praise it.
    what's so pulpy about them?
  • edited 2014-04-22 17:04:26
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    @Game of Thrones:

As a person who studies medieval history, I hate that series. I mean, come on, it just doesn't work. You can't have colonial-level oppression on medieval peasants unless the ones doing the oppression have other lands with peasants supporting them in those lands. Like William of Normandy and his Harrying Of The North and also his huge oppression of stuff. You can't oppress your own peasants beyond a certain extent, because beyond that extent, either they rebel, and given the size of midieval militaries, you cannot win that fight; or you require so such a large force to keep them in line that the resource gained from the peasants does not meet the resource spent on keeping them down. To have outside sources of resources, you need other lands that you aren't oppressing. Like Landswhatbelongedtoyou. If you have other lands, then you can have the military force to keep down the peasants (assuming you have Exampleland military as well, Exampleland's military + landswhatbelongedtoyou's military can keep down rebellious Examplish peasants).

You don't oppress your own peasants beyond a certain extent. You oppress the peasants of the lands you conquer, and survive because you still have a workforce from peasants in your other lands.

Rome could do this level of oppression because they had an outstandingly effective, widespread, efficient, and powerful military force/class.

Once gunpowder was invented, you can oppress a lot of unarmed (other than whatever they can grab) peasants with a relatively small number of gunpowder weapons. Also, bureaucracy and advanced infrastructure helps with the oppressing. John I of England simply lacked the infrastructure to oppress and cause death like Henry VIII, even though John had arguably greater resources.

The problem with oppressing your own peasants without having stupidly large resources, a stupidly good military, or other lands, is that you're cutting off the branch you're standing on.

In a very real way, in feudal europe, peasants had power to "vote with their feet".

I know it's a civil war, but yeesh. The thing about feudal civil war is that it creates chaos and damages the structure that keeps barons, earls, lords, and all that in power. It also leaves a nation vulnerable to her enemies. There's a flipping reason that Aelfgar and Siward, even when in a huge power struggle against Godwin, even after they'd raised an army and he'd raised an army and their armies were about to meet, decided to use diplomacy and reinstate Godwin as an earl, but with less power than he'd had before, and to do some of his demands (though they did kidnap Godwin's son, Wulfnoth, and spirited him to the Continent where he spent the rest of his life in captivity because SCREW YOU EDDIE CONFESSIE, YER A CHILD-KIDNAPPIN' ALBINO TWERP).

And, you know why Godwin was banished? Because he'd ticked off king Eddie Confessie by defending the rights of the peasants over the rights of Eddie Confessie's friends and relatives and allies; threatening Eddie's power. His army was, in fact, mostly made up of these peasants.

You can have feudal squalor and invasion-opression, or Elizabethan/Henry VIII-ian power politics, or Roman/Colonial opression but you can only have one of those three.

Look, feudal peasants, in a very real way, could, in fact, stymie kings.

You can't just combine the awful aspects of different eras of history into a hodgepodge of perfect crud.