The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis

it's time for the Two Minutes Pony Hate

I think that's called "Equestria Girls trailer #2"
  • edited 2013-08-10 17:33:56
    READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

When I was into the Sonic games I just played them

I had no idea what the fandom was like, I assumed it was about the same as any other fandom

At this point I assume the "average fandom" is a bunch of well meaning, but mostly not so skilled teenagers creating work and where absolute best and worst are going to float to the top.

So, probably "yes".
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    I was the same way.
  • The sadness will last forever.
    pony meat
  • edited 2013-08-10 17:50:30

Season three was alright, and Equestria Girls was okay :P

Also, I've became involved in the fandom since December 2010, and I'll tell you people already thought it was going to shit after season one ended

Honestly, I think the issue here is pretending there was ever a high-point to the MLP:FiM fandom. I mean, I'm not really buying into the idea it's worse than any other fandom out there, but I think a big part is it's sort of scrutinized because it's a lot of dudes watching a girl's TV show.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

Justice42 said:

I've decided that Equestria Girls is a far better contribution to FiM than the entirety of season 3.

YNTKT
    that one dude who masturbated in the toys-r-us was a far better contribution to FiM than the entirety of season 3 as well.

just saying
    wait, what

Also I thought season 3 was underwhelming, probably because Faust's influence was nowhere to be seen and I'm wondering if Hasbro is trying to turn the show into mindless crap like the franchise's earlier incarnations were maligned for being

Also, I don't pay much attention to the fandom anymore

But EQD seems very excited about season 4

There's not really any reason to turn the show into mindless crap.

There is a reason for them to start showing more focus on characters aside from the main cast members, however, if this is ultimately a very long and expensive toy commercial.

In a way, they owe many of the fans a great deal, fan-works have likely made many background characters way more popular than the show ever would.
    unicorn friend
    Sometimes I wonder what the show would have been like had there been no big fandom...Derpy wouldn't be anything more than a stock background pony, Trixie would probably have remained a one-off character, there wouldn't have been certain callbacks, the show would probably have stopped at 65 episodes...

There definitely would be no comics. 
    Not in the IDW form, at least; they'd probably be those copy-pasted vector art ones like the ones they get in the UK or something

Also, if "Magic Duel" were a comic book, it would have had "BECAUSE YOU DEMANDED IT!" on the cover.
  • my Lidl pony
  • Smee, Maiman, Doktar, Pavelier, Button-Lee, Juan Ovyu
    Justice42 said:

Atari Jaguar was claimed to be 64-bit

It was more like 64-shit

This thing is still TODAY sort of the epitome of how not to go about making a console. 
    No, that's the Gizmondo
  •  I view MLP FIM more as a boulder that was pushed off a mountain, what it did for the mountain was a lot bigger and better than where it will eventually end up as it continues its roll, It's just unfortunate that it fell into the places it did, but that doesn't really change the event that took place.

I'll still miffed that Trixie didn't talk about herself in the third person in Magic Duel, that episode would have actually been really good if Trixie was still her theatrical self.

I view MLP FIM more as a boulder that was pushed off a mountain, what it did for the mountain was a lot bigger and better than where it will eventually end up as it continues its roll, It's just unfortunate that it fell into the places it did, but that doesn't really change the event that took place.

I'm still not of the opinion that we should talk about it as if it's fallen into some sort of pit it can't get out of. There's still plenty of opportunity for the series to redeem itself.
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.

Justice42 said:

It was more like 64-shit

This thing is still TODAY sort of the epitome of how not to go about making a console. 
    No, that's the Gizmondo
    I thought it was the Phantom.

Actually, on second thought, "run away with the money of investors because they were stupid enough to invest in a known scam artist" is a great idea.
    bark
  • Justice42 said:

I view MLP FIM more as a boulder that was pushed off a mountain, what it did for the mountain was a lot bigger and better than where it will eventually end up as it continues its roll, It's just unfortunate that it fell into the places it did, but that doesn't really change the event that took place.

I'm still not of the opinion that we should talk about it as if it's fallen into some sort of pit it can't get out of. There's still plenty of opportunity for the series to redeem itself.
    It definitely can redeem itself, I'm just of the opinion that it's ok even if it doesn't redeem itself.

As a fan of the Matrix (The first one) You learn a few techniques when it comes to franchises that completely drive themselves into the mud and wallow.

Pai: Filho, te comprei um videogame de aniversário!

Filho: E qual é pai, um ps3 ou um Xbox????

Pai: Bem, não é nenhum desses.

Filho: É um Wii? (o menino já faz cara de triste)

Pai: É um Zeebo filhão!

Aí o menino começa a chorar.

You know, I actually LIKED the third movie even if the charm of the concept itself was sort of ruined in #2.

But the whole series is sort of like if a couple Religious studies students tried to construct it out of symbolism, so the whole franchise is sort of right up my alley anyhow. 
  • i liked all of them because they were stupid enough to be awesomely stupid

whoa
  • edited 2013-08-10 18:17:40
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Justice42 said:You know, I actually LIKED the third movie even if the charm of the concept itself was sort of ruined in #2.
    But the whole series is sort of like if a couple Religious studies students tried to construct it out of symbolism, so the whole franchise is sort of right up my alley anyhow. 

You mean
    Rebuild of Evangelion? I thought that we were talking about that in a different thread...

Oh, waaaaait a minute...
  • Eve-Angel-Lion.

Evangelion,

The religious aspects in Rebuild that aren't stolen from the original Eva aren't nearly as subtle as the Matrix (not that every religious reference is subtle in the Matrix...)

Also, I consider #2 the high point of Rebuild and #3 the low-point.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    octaves

• the only evangelion worth talking about tbh
    nicolas cage everywhere

Nicolas cage should be the final Angel...or the "final, final Angel" honestly, I'm not quite sure what's even going on with rebuild anymore. 
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    I have not seen either Rebuild or the original yet. I should get on that...

Eve-Angel-Lion.

Evangelion,

Technically it's ev-+aggelos+-on, or "good"+"messenger"+"(neuter suffix)".
  • Can you imagine the Angels from Evangelion assisting a Baseball team?

Angels in the outfield.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Field of Nightmares.
  • Scooby Doo and the Rebuild of Evangelion.
    I don't have high hopes for season 4

It doesn't help that I like MLP less than I used to

^ Said the man with a Pony avatar. :P

I'm assuming season 4 is going to have the full complement of writers, the same that gave us season 2. Not exactly the same recipe that gave us season 3.
  • Justice42 said:

It was more like 64-shit

No, that's the Gizmondo
    wasn't that one connected to the Swedish Mafia?
  • edited 2013-08-10 18:31:38
    Pizza Dog
    Anonus said:

I don't have high hopes for season 4

It doesn't help that I like MLP less than I used to
    And then Twilight Sparkle lectures you about having hope and you realize she did this by tying a bag around your head and transporting you to Cuba.
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    I started out not having high hopes for Season 4. Weirdly enough, watching Equestria Girls helped me get more excited for it. The movie is obviously flawed in a lot of places, but it still shows the writers trying to be reasonably creative. This will hopefully lead to positive results once they're back on more familiar territory. 

I should also note that I have yet to read the comics, although I really want to do so.
    It's a pony version of Buttercup

And I still find them aesthetically appealing, I just don't care much for the official franchise these days
  • For a second I read that as "It's a pony version of Buttercupistiny" >_<

Weirdly enough, watching Equestria Girls helped me get more excited for it. The movie is obviously flawed in a lot of places, but it still shows the writers trying to be reasonably creative. This will hopefully lead to positive results once they're back on more familiar territory. 

Anonus said:

It's a pony version of Buttercup

Also, yes. I knew what it was.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    So, a few days ago I complained that I'd have to call my step-grandfather to ask him to fix my car

Well he and Grandma came over to wish me a happy birthday, so I asked him then and he said he'll come over tomorrow and replace my brake pads for me as long as I pay for them

Also I got birthday tacos!

Today was a good day

• edited 2013-08-10 18:43:57
    I have no opinion on this pony miscellany.

^ Yay!

Do birthday tacos weigh more less than regular tacos? 

This is important. 

It's for science.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    spinor said:

For a second I read that as "It's a pony version of Buttercupistiny" >_<

For the record, that would be 200% adorable

We'd have to draw a ponycalica to go with her, too
  • edited 2013-08-10 18:45:40
    The relationship between the rate that Bubbles hops and Blossom's eye moves in that .gif on the last page creates a weird kind of visual polyrhythm that I find entrancing.
    spinor said:

Justice42 said:

It was more like 64-shit

No, that's the Gizmondo
    wasn't that one connected to the Swedish Mafia?
    Yes it was. It's also the worst selling console ever, least than 25000 copies