The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• Japanese gum is good

also I think I might hate Samson in BOI.
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Samson is still better than Eve, on the grounds that he doesn't have a terrible damage multiplier. Seriously, Ed, "is fast" is not a good trade off for "can never kill the mask of infamy".
  • Smee, Maiman, Doktar, Pavelier, Button-Lee, Juan Ovyu

it's Tomoe from Watamote

Wolverine clearly relates to her on a spiritual level.
    >Tomoe
    >To
    >mo
    >e

>e
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Back from the Farmers Market in Worthington

Chipotle set up a stand to give out free $5 tokens you could use for any vendor at the market, which was cool

We got some fresh brussels sprouts and some Italian pizza things but most importantly, cupcakes for her royal highness's birthday
  • I woke up I'm still not a kitty
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Aww...you will be someday!
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Kexruct said:

The victory all and pure water thing Aliroz said still applies, but my mother is making Sweet Rolls- As in, the ones from Skyrim- and that's pretty rad.

Tru dat. Sweet rolls are awesome.

I have a bunch of CDs from years and years ago with all the photos I'd taken from late 2007 all the way through early 2010. They were backups I made on one of our family computer years ago, but for some reason I'd never copied them to my old laptop.

Today I decided to copy them all to my external hard drive, so I can have all my backups in one place. Then I realized...they all fit in like less than 5 GB and my computer has almost 600 GB free. So I just straight-up copied them to my laptop as well. Now I can have all my older photos at hand without having to dig through burned CDs!
  • Aliroz said:

Kexruct said:

The victory all and pure water thing Aliroz said still applies, but my mother is making Sweet Rolls- As in, the ones from Skyrim- and that's pretty rad.

Tru dat. Sweet rolls are awesome.

...how did I not notice that typo?

Because autocorrect is a sneaky bitch, that's how.
  • The sadness will last forever.
    kittens
  • Because autocorrect is a sneaky bitch, that's how.

Honestly I think I was using the voice to text thing at the time.

But yeah, that's still pretty accurate.
    steal my art please oh wait i almost never post any art
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    IJBM: That "Owed to a Spelling Chequer" poem probably wouldn't get past spellcheck anymore.
    some of my best friends are boys
  • *plantation owner voice* I'm not racist! I have slaves who are black!
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    I'm not a misandrist, some of my best murder victims are men!
  • I'm not a misandrist, some of my best murder victims are men!

I have no idea what you're getting at with this joke ngl.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS

I have a bunch of CDs from years and years ago with all the photos I'd taken from late 2007 all the way through early 2010. They were backups I made on one of our family computer years ago, but for some reason I'd never copied them to my old laptop.

Today I decided to copy them all to my external hard drive, so I can have all my backups in one place. Then I realized...they all fit in like less than 5 GB and my computer has almost 600 GB free. So I just straight-up copied them to my laptop as well. Now I can have all my older photos at hand without having to dig through burned CDs!
    Yeah, CDs are almost laughably tiny in capacity compared to even Flash drives these days. I remember when 650/700 MB was a huge amount (the late 1980s and early-mid 1990s), but now you only use CDs and even DVDs when you have to (an old computer that won't boot from USB, archival, etc.)
    Not only that, but my photos were way smaller back then too. Most of them were shot with a 6-megapixel camera, so even the full size images are only around 1.5 MB, compared to my current 14-megapixel camera where the images end up being 3 or 4 MB each.
  • I AM THE KITTY PRINCE

meow
    I imagined a kitty cat with a little princely crown

So adorable

• if anyone has not seen this yet
  • Ah crap. My mother insinuated that if I helped out around the house I might get my Xbox back, so one sweeper floor and cleaned bathroom later I tried asking for it back. Thus somehow led to an argument- wherein I pointed out that she tried the preemptive punishment bullshit last year and it didn't work and even though she agreed she still was screaming and wouldn't let me have it back-to-back that ended with her getting in my face and screaming at me to just "agree to disagree" (even though, obviously, this wasn't an option because I was being negatively affected by this) and to leave before it got out of control, as if that were something only I could help rather than her. So I ran into my room and slammed my door, so she came in my room and screamed at me for damaging her property, and when she left I just sort of screamed into my pillow for a bit and tried to get on HH or Tumblr to kill some stress, but because she heard me, she came into my room and snatched up my phone immediately, and refused to listen when I tried explaining to her that her approach to me being upset, namely, taking away every possible way I could release stress, shockingly leads to me getting more and more frustrated. We yelled at each other for a little longer and she left to pick up my brother, leaving my phone behind.

Two big problems: One: I hate her having my Xbox. It allows her to have so much power over me in addition to causing pointless go-nowhere arguments. Two: If she sees that having the phone allowed me to calm down, that might look bad. She always says these arguments are caused exclusively by my not wanting to have my electronics away (which in and of itself is still a valid reason to get upset), and I fear that seeing that might confirm it in her mind.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    *surfaces*
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Good gosh your mother is ridiculous, Kexruct.
    *dives*
  • edited 2013-08-10 14:57:57
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    Kexruct, you need to have some good places to hide your phone.  Like, in an air vent.  Is the door to your room hollow?  If so, unscrew the hinges on your door, and take the hinges off.  You should see a hole where the hinges go.  If your door is hollow, you can hide your phone in there and she won't think to look for it there.  To get it out, unscrew the door hinges, take off the hinges, and turn the door on its side so the hinge-hole faces the floor, and tilt the door until your phone reaches the hinge-hole.  Then, take your phone out and re-screw the hinges.

All you need for this is a screwdriver, which can be purchased for five cents.

Also, if there is a radio, furnace, air-conditioner, boom-box, etc. in your room; you can unscrew it, hide your phone in it, and re-screw it.

You can take out a light-bulb from the ceiling and put your phone in there and then re-put-in the light-bulb.

But the best thing to hide it in is the fire alarm.  Not only will she not think to look there, she won't want to touch it for fear of setting it off (unless she needs to replace the batteries, in which case she might discover your phone; so keep an eye on the battery life of your fire alarm).
  • Time to take off the kid gloves ~removes mittens shaped like kittens~

Kid gloves removed, now I can type!
  • Aliroz said:

Kexruct, you need to have some good places to hide your phone.  Like, in an air vent.  Is the door to your room hollow?  If so, unscrew the hinges on your door, and take the hinges off.  You should see a hole where the hinges go.  If your door is hollow, you can hide your phone in there and she wont think to look for it there.  To get it out, unscrew the door hinges, take off the hinges, and turn the door on its side so the hinge-hole faces the floor, and tilt the door until your phone reaches the hinge-hole.  Then, take your phone out and re-screw the hinges.

All you need for this is a screwdriver, which can be purchased for five cents.

Also, if there is a radio, furnace, air-conditioner, boom-box, etc. in your room; you can unscrew it, hide your phone in it, and re-screw it.

You can take out a light-bulb from the ceiling and put your phone in there and then re-put-in the light-bulb.

But the best thing to hide it in is the fire alarm.  Not only will she not think to look there, she won't want to touch it for fear of setting it off (unless she needs to replace the batteries, in which case she might discover your phone; so keep an eye on the battery life of your fire alarm).

Heh, thanks.
  • edited 2013-08-10 14:43:58
    (2015 self)
    Oh, another place she won't look!  Those little face-shaped white things where you plug in your plugs!  You know, the ones you don't put forks or knives in.

Unscrew one, put your phone among the wires, and re-screw it.  The only time anyone un-screws those things is in a complete restructuring of the entire house or to put in new insulation, which is not a thing your mom would do because she is not a professional person-who-puts-in-new-insulation or an electrician who can mess with the wires.

Nobody thinks to look in the white faces.  The eyes just sort of pass over them as if they weren't there.  Just part of the scenery; so ubiquitous as to be invisible.

If she can hide your electronics, then so can you.
  • Yeesh, Aliroz, what do you even need to hide so badly that you find this stuff out :P

Or may e you're just really clever, which I don't doubt.
  • Iyoko Inyake eyewear has become known for its inventive and trend setting designs in which various colors and materials are carefully mixed to form exceptional frames.

This unique collection is not only comfortable to wear but perfectly compliments the wardrobes of stylish men and women.
  • edited 2013-08-10 14:47:49
    image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Kexruct said:

I'm not a misandrist, some of my best murder victims are men!

I have no idea what you're getting at with this joke ngl.
    Then my job here is done.

^ It's a loaf of cat!
  • edited 2013-08-10 14:52:12
    (2015 self)
    Kexruct said:

Yeesh, Aliroz, what do you even need to hide so badly that you find this stuff out :P

Or may e you're just really clever, which I don't doubt.

I have nothing to hide from my family.

I learned these spaces from when my father finally, after all these years, finished the basement a year or two ago.  All my siblings (except my brother, who was on a two-year-trip to Florida; long story) helped.  I saw wooden support beams get covered by wires and insulation and sound-proofing and finally walls; I saw the sawdusty ceiling with wires exposed turn into a real ceiling , and the concrete floor become carpeted.  I helped with it, as did my siblings and mother.

I wish I could say that I was really clever or had something interesting to hide from my family; but I don't. 

I simply have first-hand knowledge of how a house (or at least a basement) turns from wooden support beams and concrete and sawdust into an actual house.

Had I been involved with the plumbing, I'd be telling you where and how to mess with your sink, shower, or bathtub; but I didn't get to see that (that was my younger sister, number two of two).  Had I been involved with the flooring, I'd be telling you how to pry up tiles and hide it in there so as to go undetected; but I have no clue of that (that was my younger sister, number one of two).

• Well, it's neat either way.
    That's still a pretty Sherlock Holmes-esque attention to detail, considering most people who watch a basement get finished would never even think about how those places could be used to hide things.
  • edited 2013-08-10 15:01:22
    (2015 self)
    Kexruct said:

Well, it's neat either way.

Thanks.  I also got a new bedroom out of the new basement, which is pretty great.

It's amazing how everything is held together with simple screws.  Get a simple hand-turned screwdriver, and you can take apart almost anything and put it back together.  Even the most secure security system in the world needs electric wires that can be easily accessed.  Even the Louvre probably has those white faces, and once you unscrew those, you can get to the wires and mess with all the electric things.  And the world is all electric, now.

Get a five-cent screwdriver, and watch the world tremble.

That's still a pretty Sherlock Holmes-esque attention to detail, considering most people who watch a basement get finished would never even think about how those places could be used to hide things.

I never thought of it that way...
  • Aliroz said:

Kexruct said:

Well, it's neat either way.

Thanks.

It's amazing how everything is held together with simple screws.  Get a simply hand-turned screwdriver, and you can take apart almost anything and put it back together.  Even the most secure security system in the world needs electric wires that can be easily accessed.  Even the Louvre probably has those white faces, and once you unscrew those, you can get to the wires and mess with all the electric things.  And the world is all electric, now.

Get a five-cent screwdriver, and watch the world tremble.
    O_O

• edited 2013-08-10 15:06:45
    (2015 self)
    I didn't even pay five cents for my hand-screwdriver.  I found it in the street gutter when I was six, with a "5 ¢" sticker still on it, one rainy day.

Now, if only I could find the dang thing in all the clutter of my bedroom.
  • http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzkqczb8Z21rnmjr5o2_500.gif

For Imi.

Hey, could one of the mods convert that from a URL to a picture?
  • My dreams exceed my real life
  • That works too.
  • edited 2013-08-10 15:18:59
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Justice42 said:That's Wolverine from the great 90s cartoon...I don't know who pocky chick is.

The main character from
    WataMote.

^ Bean pastries are the best thing.
  • edited 2013-08-10 15:25:36

wut
    Odradek said:

A classic scene. Warm and fuzzy
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Kexruct said:

wut
    Pastries with sweetened bean paste. They are common in Japan and Korea and really quite delectable.