The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• Wheatley said:

number one curz

• The sadness will last forever.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    I'm reading RW's page on Arizona. Apparently, I got my similes wrong about Phoenix; it's not like the DC area, it's more like someone fed fucking Lynchburg horse steroids and plunked it down in the Sonora. (Tucson, by comparison, is pretty much Charlottesville on horse steroids in the middle of the Sonora.)
  • edited 2013-04-25 19:42:40

Wheatley said:

"Should have never let him out in the first place."
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    >Colorado has no culture, period.

I suspected as such :/
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    You know, airplanes are kind of impressive, when you think about it.

It's like humanity looked at birds and said "FUCK YOU, I WANNA FLY TOO" or something.

What are you quoting that from, Anonus?
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    WAXB-TV

Branding: Detroit's Wax Beetle™ 4

Slogan: People Watching This Channel Should Purchase Nestlé® Wax Beetles™

Subchannels: 4.1 NBC; 4.2 24-hour Nestlé: Wax Beetle™ commercials

Owner: Nestlé Broadcasting
    You know, airplanes are kind of impressive, when you think about it.

It's like humanity looked at birds and said "FUCK YOU, I WANNA FLY TOO" or something.

What are you quoting that from, Anonus?
    RationalWiki's article on Colorado

I take it you don't like RationalWiki

WAXB-TV

Branding: Detroit's Wax Beetle™ 4

Slogan: People Watching This Channel Should Purchase Nestlé® Wax Beetles™

Subchannels: 4.1 NBC; 4.2 24-hour Nestlé: Wax Beetle™ commercials

Owner: Nestlé Broadcasting
    Why would Nestlé buy WDIV

Did they get the rest of the Post-Newsweek group too

Incidentally, the name "Post-Newsweek Stations" drives me insane

The Washington Post Company hasn't owned Newsweek in almost three years!
  • edited 2013-04-25 20:23:21
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I used to like RationalWiki when I was younger and antitheist-ier, but lately I haven't paid it much attention.

You've got me looking at their Ohio article now, though. >_>

Nestlé bought WDIV because they need to spread the Gospel of Wax Beetles, duh. Maybe they grabbed the other Post-Newsweek stations too, I dunno.

Also, silly, they continue to own those stations after they sold Newsweek, so they're the Post-Newsweek Stations! :P
    I actually kind of like RW. It's snarky, but it's not as nasty as ED, or as immature and wide-eyed as TVT (2009-ish TVT, anyway), or as dry as SourceWatch or Quackwatch (the latter of which has several articles that haven't been updated since the 1990s).
  • Arrested Development is fantastic.

I am George Michael. He is me.
    Watching Red Dwarf. It's hilarious.
    You never talk about being antitheist-y

Also RationalWiki's Michigan article was written by somebody who really hates the place, at least the start is anyway
    Also
    Kexruct said:

It occurred to me recently that it doesn't really make sense that skirts are for girls and pants are for boys. Shouldn't it be the other way around?

It's hard to pee standing up while wearing a skirt

I know this from experience

#mtf
    Anonus said:

You never talk about being antitheist-y

Also RationalWiki's Michigan article was written by somebody who really hates the place, at least the start is anyway
    Well there was a time when I was a teenager when I was just kinda mad at religion. There's not much else to say, really.

Also the Ohio article was written by someone who likes Ohio, it seems. Maybe it was the same person who wrote the Michigan article. :P
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Has anyone else ever felt the need to talk about serious issues, but it's long after the last time they were brought up and you're fairly sure all you're going to do is make everyone mad?
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    I don't like Rationalwiki.  It's just kind of, well, cynical.

I like the archive of 2008-2010 Tv Tropes; because I just really like that idealism and sense of wonder before all the subjectives went away.

Encyclopedia Dramatica is only good for one thing; and that is excusing the destruction of Encyclopedia Dramatica to prevent things like Encyclopedia Dramatica from existing.

Has anyone else ever felt the need to talk about serious issues, but it's long after the last time they were brought up and you're fairly sure all you're going to do is make everyone mad?

Yep, I know how you feel.

I frequently get that feeling from Tumblr social justice stuff. It's like, days after the fact I'll think of a response to something, but I don't want to post it for fear of trudging up an argument again.
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Oddly, Tumblr social justice warriors were kinda sorta what I was thinking about.
    (2015 self)
    What do you guys see in Tumblr anyway?
    It has cool pictures that I can share between my school friends and my Trash Heap friends. That's pretty much it mostly.

I had meant for mine to involve me rambling about Pokémon, but that ended up not happening.
  • TreTre
    edited 2013-04-25 21:22:11
    Tre said:

I am George Michael. He is me.

Minus the whole incestuous crush stuff of course. But still.
    Tumblr, in and of itself, is a pretty decent blogging platform; it's just that it has Facebook-ish social media features that make it really easy for a minor issue to blow up into mass hysteria quickly.
    Rational Wiki is kinda funny.
  • edited 2013-04-25 21:26:52
    Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Pretty much what Lee said. It's also all too easy for false information to be spread around.

I try to avoid the most drama-prone parts of Tumblr on my own blog. I only go there as an observer.

Though thinking about it, it probably does sound kinda paranoid to restrict my blog mostly to stuff from my close friends.
    Boombas
    (2015 self)
    Ugh, Arrested Development.

Seriously, Tre, a sitcom?

Now drop and read The Count Of Monte Cristo; unabridged.
    Holy cannoli kids, I'm Mario, and I'm tellin' ya, if you're not watching the Super Mario Bros. Super Show, you're gonna turn into a Goomba!
  • Aliroz_ said:

Ugh, Arrested Development.

Seriously, Tre, a sitcom?

Now drop and read The Count Of Monte Cristo; unabridged.

well that's not very polite.

What, do you think all sitcoms are bad?

Also I use Tumblr to host the corporate website of ABC Inc and, soon, my other business endeavors
  • edited 2013-04-25 21:30:53
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    never mind
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    A GOOMBA
    where is everybody
    They died to the first Goomba.
    Well that's pathetic.
  • Aliroz_ said:

What do you guys see in Tumblr anyway?

...well, not her personality.

Arrested Development is apparently the sitcom sent by the most/least sanctified Hollywood execs, featuring writing on a scale that's never been reached before.

It's okay, I guess. It's the sitcom equivalent of Rush for me.
    *sets the forum's traffic lights to flash red*
    Yarrun said:

It's okay, I guess. It's the sitcom equivalent of Rush for me.

*smack*
    *dons a high-visibility princess dress (a CA Marketplace exclusive!) and begins directing traffic*
    Now I'm imagining Princess Peach directing traffic, for some reason.
    that was a demo
    I don't know much about the management of 20th Century Fox Television

But I have a hard time thinking of them as sanctified somehow
    The name "20th Century Fox" seems so dated now
    lee4hmz said:

Super Princess Peach 2: Magical Traffic Cop

The name "20th Century Fox" seems so dated now

Once News Corporation eventually splits, the entertainment portion will be called 21st Century Fox.

I'm not making this up.
    hm.

In other news, I got my AlphaSmart today
    (2015 self)
    If a sitcom wasn't a sitcom, it wouldn't be a sitcom.

It's an inherent part of the structure of a sitcom; its laugh track, its humor, its appeal to the short attention span.

A sitcom is the modernization of the Farce,

"The essential procedure of farce is to deal with people as if they lack, largely or totally, the physical, emotional, intellectual, and moral sensitivity that we think of as "normal." . . . Farce offers a spectacle that resembles daily actuality but lets us participate without feeling the responsibilities and liabilities that the situation would normally evoke. Perhaps we feel superior to the diminished men and women in the plot; perhaps we harmlessly work off aggressions (since verbal and physical assaults are frequent in farce). Participation in farce is easy on us: in it we escape the full complexity of our own natures and cut up without physical or moral penalties. . . . It carries out our persistent if unconscious desire to simplify life by a selective anaesthetizing of the whole person; in farce, man retains all his energy yet never gets really hurt."

lee4hmz said:

Super Princess Peach 2: Magical Traffic Cop
    Wait, am I wearing princess gloves or traffic gloves?

These are important questions, you know.