The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Sweet!

I didn't get my first license until I was 21, so you're still ahead of me. :P
  • edited 2013-04-26 03:46:49
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    • Ministry of Wasteful Spending
      • Department of The Princess Spending Your Tax Dollars on Candy

ok, so vanilla just doesn't like multi-level bulleted lists in general -_-
  • Sweet!

I didn't get my first license until I was 21, so you're still ahead of me. :P

I'm 23 and I still don't have my license. Then again, I don't really need a car right now, seeing as how I can get around fine with Marta.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I got mine more out of necessity than anything else, since it got to the point where I couldn't hitch rides with my parents any longer and the public transit in this city is...incomplete, to say the least.

I do enjoy having it, though. It's fun to drive myself places sometimes.
  • Wheatley said:

Watching Red Dwarf. It's hilarious.

Isn't it though? How far are you into it?
  • season eight of red dwarf is sub family guy level

but other than that it's one of my fave shows ever
  • I got mine more out of necessity than anything else, since it got to the point where I couldn't hitch rides with my parents any longer and the public transit in this city is...incomplete, to say the least.

I do enjoy having it, though. It's fun to drive myself places sometimes.

Yeah, I would imagine not having better public transit would be an obstacle. There are times where I'd like to be able to drive myself wherever, but I get along fine for right now. Though I'm gonna try to get it this summer.
    Naney said:

season eight of red dwarf is sub family guy level

but other than that it's one of my fave shows ever
    I've only seen half way through season 3 right now.
  • So I just found out there's a Wuxia tabletop RPG system. I totally have to try this some time.
  • The sadness will last forever.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    I feel like sitting around thinking about ideas for Princess Avenue's Royal Traffic Enforcement Team or whatever I was calling it before means I'm delusional

On account of I'm not actually a head of state of an ill-defined country that's basically America as a monarchy

Does it?
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Wheatley said:

I wonder if he made that billboard himself or if he had someone make it for him

Because if you were down to your last £500 you probably wouldn't be buying a typeface in which to set your billboard's copy
    Anonus, always with the eye for detail

Fuckin' awesome

How much is £500 in real-life money, anyway?
  • Smee, Maiman, Doktar, Pavelier, Button-Lee, Juan Ovyu
    Cave Story is a jumping-and-shooting action game.Explore the caves until you reach the ending. You can also save and continue from where you left off.

Too bad these never came to the U.S. :/
  • I would like to learn how to drive, but I have no real need right now as dad drives me to school (I go to the same school he teaches at).

It will be useful to learn how to drive, though.

Cute.
    There was an amusing news story a couple years back about a woman in Ohio who owned a Christmas tree farm. Her farm was called something like (I don't remember exactly) "Westwood Tree Farm", so she had applied for a license plate that said "WTF". This happened in the '90s, so the BMV let her have it because it seemed completely innocent.

Then, 10 years later, after internet slang became more widespread, the BMV turned around and demanded that she hand in her WTF plates, citing complaints that other road users found them offensive.
  • edited 2013-04-26 08:34:08
    ಠ_ಠ

xD

The number plate on my mum's car has my date of birth on it.

That's...pretty cool, actually!

I actually collect old plates, myself. The weirdest one I've got is probably this one from the mid-'90s that has nothing but zeros:

There's only the one and it doesn't have any stickers, so I'm assuming it was a sample or prototype plate that was never registered on a vehicle.
    Saw a Facebook Mobile ad that used the intro to Bloc Party's "Signs" as its soundtrack.

In case you're not aware, "Signs" is about grieving for a dead lover.

Not sure whether or not to laugh.
  • Saw a Facebook Mobile ad that used the intro to Bloc Party's "Signs" as its soundtrack.

In case you're not aware, "Signs" is about grieving for a dead lover.

Not sure whether or not to laugh.
    makes sense
  • edited 2013-04-26 10:55:31

Eifmne-dofneif sloe dlifrnystuintdefipontuiniunopssd eriontium. Eritnuoselpfiatn eiontpon dioin eneriutionesaie dneidneonpopnegtye. Soitryenioghfep, welinfda, ertiunoplesw. Wertyionfg verljuinul yinnterofus frunglerhu? Erdtyiuop ertyniop, werghku warghnu, treliastin ertiolop.
  • Writing weighting righting rating reading raring rhyming rambling ranting regaling impaling inferring inoculating incubating intoxicating interpolating intubating escalating echolocating ensconcing
    Naney said:

The perfect way to keep someone in one place for a significant period of time.
  • "Money can't buy you love"

Yeah, well, having money never really hurt ~smack~
  • Maybe I should make a thread about setting up opponents made out of straw and other weak materials so that I can easily refute them and intellectually smack them across the table.

Sure, it wouldn't serve any sort of purpose other than to amuse my ego, but I can not deny that I have already been doing those kinds of posts anyways.

Uhhh, yeah, Words.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    why so smacky, Clock?
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    So, apparently, the chemical phenylthiocarbamide  fe-nill-thee-oh-carr-baa-myde is either extremely bitter or completely tasteless depending on a single gene in the person.

What would be awesome is if that same gene was the gene for magic; so you could have this whole dramatic part in your book where the main character tastes the phenylthiocarbamide and then almost throws up it's so bitter; thus DUN DUN DUN magic potential.

I just like to write phenylthiocarbamide.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    phenyl dr pepper

I don't know why I said that, but it keeps popping up in my head for some reason
    Wheatley said:

Too bad these never came to the U.S. :/

Is that the Japanese Happy Meal logo

Because the American one (which first appeared in 2004, IIRC) doesn't seem to be in use anymore
  • Hello Kitty.
    Afternoon everypony.

I dreamed I literally tried to get out of a traffic ticket by claiming to be a princess.

The cops wanted to tow my car because its driver had no license, but they ended up running my license plates and found the vehicle was indeed Crown property, meaning they didn't have they authority to seize it.

They did arrest the driver, though...I like to think if the dream had lasted longer I would have issued him a royal pardon. (But he'd still have to pay the red light ticket that got us pulled over in the first place!)

Also, the car had Ontario plates. Make of this what you will.
    I like Ralph's expression on the side of the box.
  • edited 2013-04-26 15:11:57
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    They never sell things like that in America

As for cool things, there was the Nesquik but it got recalled due to contamination :<
    Hi Anonus!

How was your day?

I'm in a good mood today, worries that I live in my imagination notwithstanding.
    I just got up, you know...
    Oh, right, time zones exist.

In that case, let's just, like, I dunno.
    The New Adventures of Amazon.com and The Insufferable Jackass
    3:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. 338 HUB

“Sociology Can't Explain This, Really” (2012) Scotland Yard investigates The Insufferable Jackass for making death threats against some guy named Bobby; meanwhile, Amazon.com wins a race against Princess Peach. TV-Y7.
    Twitter has been excluded from the Wayback Machine :(
    Aww. :\