The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• I like the play on words, you all knew that though.
  • edited 2013-04-25 06:40:38

Honestly I'm just mostly annoyed by people who insist that the show isn't for little girls because yes it fucking is.

There's nothing wrong with "liking a kids' show", but the thing about that is that what you are liking is totally a kids' show.

I never really got that viewpoint as I, for one, completely adored the fact that it's such a girly show. But yeah, AFAIK it is a minor, albeit loud, portion of the fandom.

Also I'm still rather bemused on how much people get so angry and so abrasive about such trivial things like some old-fashioned hat.
  • I posted a new track in the musickings thread if anyone is interested in listening.
  • I find that amusingly ironic given the site's name Moo-Jhave.
  • Smee, Maiman, Doktar, Pavelier, Button-Lee, Juan Ovyu
    Please forgive me Doctor Volga!
    *click*
    WOOOAH
  • I find that amusingly ironic given the site's name Moo-Jhave.

I had someone pronounce my username this way once.

Please forgive me Doctor Volga!
    *click*
    WOOOAH

wat
    How do you dare sell such a lunatic record!
    Every day from now on you will burn a house.
  • The sadness will last forever.
    pizza
  • TreTre
    edited 2013-04-25 08:19:54

This is a good book. I am analyzing it for English, which is rather ironic given the original language the memoir was written in was French and the story itself was probably in Persian/Farsi.

But whatever. Either way I liked it, t'was sad but also pretty funny. I know "you'll laugh, you'll cry" is a cliched term but Ms. Satrapi did a damn fine job of it.

Also the art is fantastic, especially later on in the book.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    I loved Persepolis. It's really pretty cool to hear an Iranian perspective on the Revolution and its aftermath that isn't simply for or against.
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    The word fedora comes from the title of an 1882 play by dramatist Victorien SardouFédora, written for Sarah Bernhardt.[3] The play was first performed in the United States in 1889. Bernhardt played Princess Fédora, the heroine of the play, and she wore a hat similar to what is now considered a fedora. The fedora had been a female fashion.
  • edited 2013-04-25 08:38:58
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    "Irish playwright and critic George Bernard Shaw said of La Tosca: "Such an empty-headed ghost of a shocker...Oh, if it had but been an opera!".[5] He also came up with the dismissive term "Sardoodledom" in a review of Sardou plays (The Saturday Review, 1 June 1895). Shaw believed that Sardou's contrived dramatic machinery was creaky and that his plays were empty of ideas. Sardou's advice to young playwrights on how to be successful was to "Torture the women!" as part of any play construction."

Knew I'd heard of him before...
    How do I create a quote-block with an outside source...?

I just copy+paste what I want then indent it.
    Indent how?

The second button to the right of the number list in the edit ribbon of your post editor.
    Aha! Thank you, Justice!

Any time.
  • TreTre
    edited 2013-04-25 09:00:43
    imageimage

The AMC logo is much better in one color, as it turns out.

The gold made it look so gaudy.
  • American Movie Center.

Australian Moo Cow.

Authentic Metal Crowbars.

Aesthetic Merlin Callcenters.

Accounting Museum Collectors.  
  • "what am I supposed to say to cats?"

You say whatever you darn feel like ~smack~
  • "what am I supposed to say to cats?"

"Hello, mr. fluffy kitty."

and then you pet them if they do not walk off.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Something totally nerdy I just remembered now: In one of the first episodes of Parker Lewis Can't Lose, they used the 1988 Columbia Pictures Television music as a news sounder. I thought that was hilarious back in 1990.
  • Confirmed Google is a heartless corporation that sells your soul and heart and funds to the devil.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    It's too bad Anonus isn't around

Because he and I need to have fun together
  • It's too bad Anonus isn't around

Because he and I need to have fun together
    Not around the children you don't.
    uguu~
  • edited 2013-04-25 11:59:21

silly clock, by "fun" centie means "listen to grindcore"

• Naney said:

silly clock, by "fun" centie means "listen to grindcore"

pretty sure they don't need to do that around the children either
    now if only that sort of dedication could be directed to something less stupid
  • TreTre
    edited 2013-04-25 12:36:06
  • now if only that sort of dedication could be directed to something less stupid

How about this then.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Since I haven't had a chance to address it yet:

Naruto is a gateway anime of the worst kind. It's a bad series, a clusterfuck of story and characterization that isn't very well done by any aspect, but which attempts to compensate for its weaknesses by adding in excessive shipping faggotry and DARKNESS. The normal anon can see this as the shit it is, and may enjoy it, hate it or be indifferent to it, but all the while recognizing that the series itself, regardless of their opinion, is plain bad.

However, these very aspects that try to smear over the shit of its core make it a breeding ground for aspie, unsociable underageb& faggots who engage in every kind of faggotry both online and in the real world. The superpowered characters all trying their hardest to look cool, the jutsus, peculiar, colorful clothes, the whole ninja faggotry and everything about the Naruto world fuels their escapist fantasies, while the pity-party character backgrounds, emphasis on revenge, and overall preachiness of the series make it fit just right with the mary-sueish drives of your average preteen and his sense of unwarranted self-importance towards the world. Exactly the kind of shit that makes little kiddies and underageb& retards eat this shit right the fuck up.

Naruto is basically THE series to attract the most hated anime fanbase known to /a/, which is why, regardless of individual opinions, it is the responsibility of every anon to troll the fuck out of this show and everyone who likes it, and ensure that no Naruto threads ever encourage the newfriends to show their faces here.

Abstract:
    Naruto is for little children who poop hard in their baby ass diapers. 

Also, I believe this pasta is overcooked. It needs to cool down, take a marinara bath, pray to the FSM, etc.

now if only that sort of dedication could be directed to something less stupid

How about this then.
    that'll do
    *riffs*
  • a few weeks ago i got the offer of a free Leeds Festival ticket in exchange for some bar work

and i was like 'ehhhh Leeds isnt my kind of music much idk how much i will like it' but in the end fuck it, free festival, i decided to go for it

so

today Leeds announced theyve brought fucking RX Bandits out of retirement to play

i

am quite pleased with this turn of events

• The sadness will last forever.
    dinner ladies
    oaty treat
  • sunn wolf said:

a few weeks ago i got the offer of a free Leeds Festival ticket in exchange for some bar work

and i was like 'ehhhh Leeds isnt my kind of music much idk how much i will like it' but in the end fuck it, free festival, i decided to go for it

so

today Leeds announced theyve brought fucking RX Bandits out of retirement to play

i

am quite pleased with this turn of events

(*High five*)

that is rad

on my end of things, i have finally managed to program a breakcore style beat that i find appealing, so i am excited/happy about that.