The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• The sadness will last forever.
    bate
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Hi.

I went and put in an application for a job and I have an interview on Thursday...

On one hand, it would be nice to be able to earn some money. But on the other hand...I'm terrified at the thought of giving up the 24-hour free time I have now. :\
  • edited 2013-04-23 17:00:49
    The sadness will last forever.
    Yesterday, I went to a funeral home to see my grandma again and wanted to apply a job over there but thought to myself they might not want another employee at the moment still.
  • Most of the internet shut-in population suffers from a disorder that whispers "the unhappiness of your current state is better than the uncertainty of change".  That is why Tumblr is so miserable, as is the rest of the internet.

I know it! Cracked told me!
  • Yarrun said:

I know it! Cracked told me!

and we all know that David Wong is a reliable source of information.
  • I just made that as a joke, but I just went to cracked to see if they have any good articles up and

6 New Kinds of Anxiety the Internet Gave Us 
    By: David Wong
    April 23rd, 2013

it's amazing that a hacky book writer considers himself a life advice guru, and that apparently several thousand people agree with him.

• ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    I had a dream that there was a crowbar that would make you stop existing if you got hit by it.

Also, Shichibukai was the king of someplace (it's a shame that waking up makes you forget these things) in a fortress made of pencils, colored and otherwise.  His scepter/spear was a colored pencil of all colors.  For some reason, his robe looked like a dress and he was wearing a dunce cap.  Dunno why.

Also, I made a flying saucer out of two disk-sleds and flew to my school, where I found Yarrun and then we had adventures while running away from paper airplanes.

But then, my sister woke me up so I could see the meteor shower.
  • I just made that as a joke, but I just went to cracked to see if they have any good articles up and

6 New Kinds of Anxiety the Internet Gave Us 
    By: David Wong
    April 23rd, 2013

it's amazing that a hacky book writer considers himself a life advice guru, and that apparently several thousand people agree with him.

• Let's be fair, that's actually a good description of the average internet shut-in.

Aside from the ones who are suffering from mental illnesses, disorders or other things that make it a pain in the butt to interact with people outside of the internet.
    cc
  • Yarrun said:

Let's be fair, that's actually a good description of the average internet shut-in.

Aside from the ones who are suffering from mental illnesses, disorders or other things that make it a pain in the butt to interact with people outside of the internet.

I didn't read it and I'm not going to. The only time David Wong's articles ever have anything insightful to say is in the "even a broken clock is right twice a day" way of things. Even then, he's usually right for the wrong reasons.
  • have you ever followed someone on tumblr because they have cute art and they seem funny and then like one day you go to your dash and they have revealed their jackassitude in the form of endless sprawling drama and shitheadedness
  • Man, that post wasn't even based on a David Wong article. I haven't even read his new article yet. The article I'm talking about was by a couple of guest columnists

• Yarrun said:

Man, that post wasn't even based on a David Wong article. I haven't even read his new article yet. The article I'm talking about was by a couple of guest columnists

well, you made your post directly beneath mine about Wong's article, so I assumed you meant that one.

Honestly I stay away from the "life advice" section in general. It's self-help book bullshit at best, and angry self-loathing at worst.

• Fair enough.

Usually, I'd check the sources for the article and see how they look, but the sources for that part of the article are research papers and very long and difficult.
  • it is the cross of st peter
  • Smee, Maiman, Doktar, Pavelier, Button-Lee, Juan Ovyu
    Naruto is a gateway anime of the worst kind. It's a bad series, a clusterfuck of story and characterization that isn't very well done by any aspect, but which attempts to compensate for its weaknesses by adding in excessive shipping faggotry and DARKNESS. The normal anon can see this as the shit it is, and may enjoy it, hate it or be indifferent to it, but all the while recognizing that the series itself, regardless of their opinion, is plain bad.

However, these very aspects that try to smear over the shit of its core make it a breeding ground for aspie, unsociable underageb& faggots who engage in every kind of faggotry both online and in the real world. The superpowered characters all trying their hardest to look cool, the jutsus, peculiar, colorful clothes, the whole ninja faggotry and everything about the Naruto world fuels their escapist fantasies, while the pity-party character backgrounds, emphasis on revenge, and overall preachiness of the series make it fit just right with the mary-sueish drives of your average preteen and his sense of unwarranted self-importance towards the world. Exactly the kind of shit that makes little kiddies and underageb& retards eat this shit right the fuck up.

Naruto is basically THE series to attract the most hated anime fanbase known to /a/, which is why, regardless of individual opinions, it is the responsibility of every anon to troll the fuck out of this show and everyone who likes it, and ensure that no Naruto threads ever encourage the newfriends to show their faces here.
  • god fucking damn it
  • My dreams exceed my real life

Naruto is a gateway anime of the worst kind. It's a bad series, a clusterfuck of story and characterization that isn't very well done by any aspect, but which attempts to compensate for its weaknesses by adding in excessive shipping faggotry and DARKNESS. The normal anon can see this as the shit it is, and may enjoy it, hate it or be indifferent to it, but all the while recognizing that the series itself, regardless of their opinion, is plain bad.

However, these very aspects that try to smear over the shit of its core make it a breeding ground for aspie, unsociable underageb& faggots who engage in every kind of faggotry both online and in the real world. The superpowered characters all trying their hardest to look cool, the jutsus, peculiar, colorful clothes, the whole ninja faggotry and everything about the Naruto world fuels their escapist fantasies, while the pity-party character backgrounds, emphasis on revenge, and overall preachiness of the series make it fit just right with the mary-sueish drives of your average preteen and his sense of unwarranted self-importance towards the world. Exactly the kind of shit that makes little kiddies and underageb& retards eat this shit right the fuck up.

Naruto is basically THE series to attract the most hated anime fanbase known to /a/, which is why, regardless of individual opinions, it is the responsibility of every anon to troll the fuck out of this show and everyone who likes it, and ensure that no Naruto threads ever encourage the newfriends to show their faces here.

This is why I exclusively watch Goro Goro Iki
  • this is why i take sledgehammers to every screen i see
  • this is why i cannot sleep at night
    apology for poor english
    when were you when heat legend dies
    i was sat at home drinking brain fluid
    when fred ring
    'heat is die'
    'no'
    and you?????????????
  • KFAI 106.7 St. Paul
  • This joyous celebration welcomes home critically acclaimed jazz keyboardist/composer and former Golden Valley prodigy Craig Taborn, who showcases his omnivorous musical tastes and astonishing technical ability. The eclectic evening of new jazz, improv-electronics, and synth-funk is informed by Taborn’s early years in the ’80s music scene in Minneapolis and his later decades as sideman and bandleader on international jazz circuits.
    Featuring Junk Magic (Dave King, drums; Erik Fratzke, bass; Chris Speed, tenor saxophone; and Mat Maneri, viola); Taborn’s Trio (Gerald Cleaver, drums; and Thomas Morgan, bass); and austerely beautiful solo piano works from his lauded 2011 ECM release Avenging Angel.
    ola ke ase
  • edited 2013-04-23 18:52:45
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Yeah, the main thing I noticed about that cracked article is that chronic worriers have much more active brains than others.

Yeah, that's me in a nutshell; my brain-scans show a very overactive brain; and very swollen, oversized amygdalae.

It's why, when I worry, I worry hard and long; and when I find a bunch of long books to read; I can literally find myself in the same chair thirty-six hours later, not having eaten or slept or gone to the bathroom or moved from that spot.  And I never misuse literally.

Sometimes I wonder whether the reason I get bored and anxious and worried so easily is that my brain gets bored having nothing to devote all its power to, so it makes up worries and anxieties because if it doesn't, all that suppressed energy and activity will boil up until it makes a panic attack or something.

So, once I remove my amygdalae, I can finally become a genius, or at least, a non-blockhead.

Charlie Brown could probably have been the greatest mind of the milennium if he'd devoted his brain to things other than worrying.
  • KJIKJI
    Yeah... yeah!!! hell yeah!!!
    thatwomenislikeshesayssheislikeamexicanhatesfireworks
  • I liked spaghetti, but not anymore.
  • Injustice Gods Among Us is an alright game.
  • Injustice Gods Among Us is an alright game.

It sounds just like a silly game.
  • well the story is cheesy.

except for the part where

Spoiler:
    evil Superman kills Shazam

that was genuinely shocking

but the rest is p. cheesy

• THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Wow, this old tape has an ad for Time-Life's release of Roots...on VHS. And they wanted like $10 a tape for it, with a good dozen tapes to buy. Nice racket if you can get it. :P
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    How old is this tape?

I wanna go look at my own tape collection...I consider myself fortunate to have as many old CN VHSes as I do (three from 2000, one from 2002)...
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    So I was looking at stupid "beat the red light camera" products on YouTube, more out of morbid curiosity than anything else. I don't even have a car registered in my name, so aside from being illegal and not actually working, these products would be of no use to me.

Anyway, I just find it kinda funny that people who demonstrate these products tend to use real license plates with one or more numbers covered with tape or some such thing. Is it really that hard to find a long-expired plate that you can use for the purpose of the video? Everyone I know seems to have old plates laying around; that's how I got so many of them for my collection.
  • edited 2013-04-23 21:34:17
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Hell, now that I'm thinking about it, there might actually be one or two more in my family's own garage that I haven't grabbed for my wall yet. Need to see if those are still there...
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    moo
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I don't know if people in Colorado have old, expired plates lying around

Mother says they get taken away
  • hmm the ibuprofen is working

i was hoping to take a bath tonight

als the tub is full of clothing
    Taken away?

Huh, in Ohio when you sell or trade in a car, you get to keep the plates. Which makes sense, because you can register the old plates on a new car—which a lot of people seem to do to save themselves the $10 of buying a new pair. (You'd be surprised at how often I see late-model cars with plates that would have originally been issued prior to 2004.)
  • edited 2013-04-23 22:07:16
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

Taken away?

Huh, in Ohio when you sell or trade in a car, you get to keep the plates. Which makes sense, because you can register the old plates on a new car—which a lot of people seem to do to save themselves the $10 of buying a new pair. (You'd be surprised at how often I see late-model cars with plates that would have originally been issued prior to 2004.)

Like, taken away by the DMV people, I think?
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    AU: This tape was from 1992 or 1993, I think? Definitely before DVD came, and before anyone thought to release TV shows on DVD.
  • jeebus i feel gross as all getout and i might by skyping with somebody later and AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    imimimimimimimimimi