The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

imimimimimimimimimi

it almost looks like a little fence somehow
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    the m's are sections of fence and the i's are posts with decorative knobs on top
  • edited 2013-04-23 22:24:49
    Touch the cow. Do it now.
    :o
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    lee4hmz said:

AU: This tape was from 1992 or 1993, I think? Definitely before DVD came, and before anyone thought to release TV shows on DVD.

What show is on it and what channel is it recorded from?

imimimimimimimimimi

"Coins?! No one uses COINS anymore, you peasants! I SPIT on your coins!"
  • Mov-achussetts.
  • i washed my hair

so i feel less gross.
    Naney said:

i washed my hair

so i feel less gross.
    That always helps me too.
  • i have a measure of stubble

weeeiiirrrddd
    You know those little car dealership ads they send you in the mail with the fake car keys attached? The "if this key starts this vehicle, you've won this contest" things?

I've decided to start keeping the keys from those instead of throwing them away. I'm gonna put a bunch on a ring and see how many I can get.
  • edited 2013-04-23 23:16:39
    Touch the cow. Do it now.
    waffles

^whoa
  • but will Ron Paul keep Ubisoft from making bad decisions that are good in some respects

HMMMM
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    the weirder the better
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    How's this for weird?

• edited 2013-04-24 00:07:50
    THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    And this tape I'm looking at now has a promo for NEWS4 that's gushing about prayers! On iPods!

Man, life before the iPhone was so weird. This is from spring 2006, apparently.
    that is acceptable

also pretty funny

im da bes
    If you remember: What was the ratio of Working For You to The Tower with the Working For You signature in their newscasts?
    (Also, I find it amusing that you, CA and I live in areas that all had NBC O&Os on channel 4 at one time or another)
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    It was about 50/50 if I recall correctly. Even now, with the 1997 Working For You package supposedly retired, I still catch them using bits of it.
    And you can tell people still had money...there are sooooo many ads for SUVs on this show. :P
    Anonus said:

(Also, I find it amusing that you, CA and I live in areas that all had NBC O&Os on channel 4 at one time or another)

That is pretty neat, somehow.
    I used to play Nintendo on channel 4
    Ahahahaha, the Motorola SLVR. It has iTunes! Really!
  • edited 2013-04-24 00:22:32
    The sadness will last forever.
    tfd
    Also, since Lee's around and he's probably the only one who will understand this without pictures:

I was driving through a workzone down in Groveport earlier and I saw an intersection where they'd set up a protected-only left turn lane. But instead of using a standard protected-only signal with the red arrow, yellow arrow, and green arrow, they used a five-section "doghouse", but with the circular green and circular yellow covered by a tarp and a "left turn signal" sign next to it.

I can't imagine how many people have been confused by that. That shit's definitely not MUTCD-kosher.
    CA: Wow, that's pretty sloppy. You'd probably get hit by a car if you did that here.
    lee4hmz said:

It was about 50/50 if I recall correctly. Even now, with the 1997 Working For You package supposedly retired, I still catch them using bits of it.

For some reason I'm reminded of how Viacom News Package I/Newstime still lingers on KCNC...the only place they use it now is some of the billboards.

Although, in other cases, I think I've heard KUSA's old Third Street Music package in bits and pieces on there as late as 2011 or so (it was supposedly retired in 2009, when the closing cut was replaced with the Rampage Music New York Gannett package's closing theme), and I'd heard Overture on KMGH's weekday morning newscast as late as 2009 (it ceased being the main package in 2006, when it was replaced with Eyewitness News due to the SESAC Attack).
    Also, despite supposedly being retired in 2001, I'd heard Firepower News on KWGN as late as 2008.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Naney said:

i have a measure of stubble

weeeiiirrrddd
    I pretty much always have a measure of stubble. It kind of is.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Soooooo...

Monaco is a very strange place. My mom drove through there while she was in Europe. It's very pretty, apparently, but it's basically just two towns on a cliff. That's literally the whole country.
    I have brought in a box of VHSes from the garage

I am waiting for them to warm up a bit before putting one into my VCR
    Your VHS collection sounds like awesomeness, Anonus.
    These are mostly recorded from television at various times

It is assembled primarily from VHSes bought from thrift stores and the Mile High Flea Market

Some of these are from Tucson and found their way here.
    Tucson, eh
    AZ, you mean
    The Tucson ones are from 1992.
    Not these, but I do have a recording of Krush Groove from MTV in 1998. It includes at least one promo for Daria.
    anononononononus
  • Anonus said:

Not these, but I do have a recording of Krush Groove from MTV in 1998. It includes at least one promo for Daria.

that's pretty cool.
  • edited 2013-04-24 01:57:48
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

anononononononus

what?
    anononononononus
    That one's not very fence-like

Also I'm required to mention that I liked Daria as a kid for some reason, even though I saw little of it because I wasn't really allowed to watch it
    Someone when I was in high school compared me to Daria

I never saw the show so I don't really know what to think of

this
    I have not seen much of the show, myself