• TreTre
    edited 2013-02-19 00:58:58
    YO TWILIGHT SPARKLE

DROP DOWN AND GET YO EAGLE ON, GIRL
    #flap_your_wings
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    A week from today will be Psychedelic Squid's second birthday

yay
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    :D
  • The sadness will last forever.
    fukz nooz
  • What Are The Origins Of The Mysterious Psychedelic Squid?
    Fuck Acropalypses, we need more Modern Age shit, like, too many
    people are overpopulating the world, and then Satan mixes it with his
    slice and dicer, do you need those souls mixed and diced at the same
    time
    $19.95
    Counterclock

Tre said:

What Are The Origins Of The Mysterious Psychedelic Squid?

page 665 in the Motherheap. Jumpingzombie built a car out of drugs and went mad.
    rooofff
    moon zoo
  • Indeed.

SEXY TENTACLES
    then Comic Sans happened
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    When I buy KDNL (it's probably gonna happen if Local TV doesn't decide to SELL EVERYTHING or at least KTVI soon) I will fill its newscast slots with this as the station's news department is rebuilt:

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Things it took me too long to realize: Buzz Lightyear is named after Buzz Aldrin
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I didn't realize that either.
    I wish it were summer.

Or Christmas.
  • edited 2013-02-19 04:23:00

I wish it were summer.

Or Christmas.
    I feel like this all the time.
    it's 4:22 am in East Tennessee

why are you even awake
  • I fell asleep at like six.
  • But clearly I must be tired anyway because I'm finding the weirdest things hilarious.
  • Who's that? I thought ADCatIJ was something you made up.
    That's me, silly.
  • Oh, really? I've never heard your voice before.
    TWISPRKL.EXE
    APPLJACK.EXE
    RAINBOWD.EXE
    PINKIE32.EXE
    RARITY32.EXE
    FLTTRSHY.EXE

Also I don't post my voice very often because I'm kind of ashamed of it being a man's voice... >_>
  • That's sort of what I figured. If it's any consolation, I was quite surprised that it was your voice.
  • So, if my friendly rivalry with ABC Inc. is taken into account, ADCatIJ airs on a network formerly owned by me and currently by Anonus.

He he he.
  • I don't think I've ever simultaneously loved and hated a game as much as Kid Icarus Uprising.
    Re: the family movie game: does including the year make it too easy, you think?
  • Yeah, probably.
  • Provides just enough of a hint to make it decipherable. I wouldn't have figured out your last one without it.

I say keep it as is.
  • Chad Kroeger's voice reminds me of Adam Levine's for some reason.

And on that not, I must leave for school.
  • I live.

I'm at the McDonald's my mom works out, chilling out for several hours.

gonna work on some SICK TUNEZ BRO in the mean time.

• edited 2013-02-19 08:14:34
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    i'm missing a writing seminar.  It started an hour and ten minutes ago, but i fell asleep during the morning and mistook the time.  i also have no work to contribute.

What's the 'proper' thing to do under these circumstances?  Turn up over an hour late?  Turn up after the class ends and apologize?  Do nothing?
  • If you have nothing to give the professor, I'd say nothing.

That's what an American college student would do, but I'm not sure how things are in the UK at University.

• edited 2013-02-19 08:24:22
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    The only thing that makes me slightly nervous is that each failed attendance goes on your record, and mine is already patchy.  But i guess showing up at this point having done no work, just to sign the register, would not go over well...
  • I like Raydere and all but I wish he would spout off about art theft on his tumblr less often.
  • Doctor Who reference in Pokemon B2W2? Headcanon accepted.
    What some kids call "art theft", the rest of the art world for the past few centuries call "appropriation." Shitty anime/manga/comic/game art/fanart (mine included) is not worth even rolling your eyes over for if someone copies or traces your design. 
  • Actually he tends to go on more about sourcing.

I shouldn't pick on him though.

A lot of amateur artists (especially on DA) go by a very loose set of playground rules about how you should go about "sourcing" (appropriating) to what you're drawing -- such as having to "credit" the other artist you're appropriating from. This is a very modern fabrication and even in the professional art world, this isn't even an unwritten rule.  It is considered bad form to wholesale lift someone else's inspiration, and to be sure if you have enough money (and a lawyer who specializes in the mess that is copyright law) you can take it to court but this is very rare. 

The simple fact is, if you don't want some kid to trace your artwork -- which is what almost all "art theft" on the internet actually is -- don't post it for people to see it. 

• Most of the stuff he refers to relates to Pixiv and the various -boorus that repost things from it. Some of those people are paid professionals but they seem to very rarely mind their stuff being rehosted. 

The only artist I can think of who ever made a big deal out if it was Little Shrimp, who was one of the few American artists represented on Danbooru, who promptly quit drawing altogether for reasons known only to him.

I was on the IRC channel with the fellows who ran Danbooru and e621, and I asked about this sort of thing you're talking about. e621, while it was still being run by the guy who started it, gave no shits about artists complaining about their stuff being posted -- unless it was, IIRC, Jeremy Bernal. And that's because Bernal had a lawyer on retainer at all times. As for Danbooru, I don't think anyone ever seriously challenged them hosting their art. Even some of my stuff is posted there (not my doing, I swear)
    As for Pixiv, they only host art that artists themselves post but I have no doubt that other folks are posting art that isn't theirs, but that's hard to catch and confirm too. 
  • Your stuff is on danbooru?

like, MHz stuff or other stuff?

One of the comics, yeah
    I just provided an example from my homework to use a linked list to trace a search problem for Computer AI class and the professor said that my example was the best and I was all WOOHOO and he said but that's not enough so only partial credit and I was all :|
  • I would also be :| in that situation.

Incidentally I don't think I've seen you use an emoticon before.

Like, ever.

I really don't like emoticons. For the most part, I think that if I can't articulate through words how I think or feel about something, then I have no business saying anything.

Somewhat related, I treat my comics as sort of an inverse of this philosophy 

• edited 2013-02-19 10:20:37
    THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    That whole copyright thing reminds me of a kerfuffle among the furry fandom years ago, when someone called Sibe was going around passing out free copies of work other artists had behind paywalls (or just considered shameful, in some cases). Also, it seems like everyone made fun of Fchan back in the day because their do-not-post list was longer than the list of stuff you could actually post.
  • I like emoticons, couldn't tell you why though.

Incidentally I recently learned that emotions as we know them date back to the telegraph.