The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• Doctor Who reference in Pokemon B2W2? Headcanon accepted.
    house 

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    A beatboxin comes across tha sky. It has happened before yo, but there is not a god damn thang ta compare it ta now, nahmeean?

It be too late. Da Evacuation still proceedz yo, but itz all theatre. There is no lights inside tha cars. No light anywhere fo' realz. Above his ass lift girdaz oldschool as a iron biatch, n' glass somewhere far above dat would let tha light of dizzle through. But itz night yo. Dude straight afraid of tha way tha glass will fall - soon - it is ghon be a spectacle: tha fall of a cold-ass lil crystal palace. But comin down up in total blackout, without one glint of light, only pimped out invisible crashing.
    if Pynchon was gangsta
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Had a seminar this afternoon.

Actually quite enjoyed it.  Easily the highlight of the last few days.
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    -Sigh-

If I had my own forum, I would have my own forum and I wouldn't ban people that I like; and nobody could ban Shichibukai on my forum because it's my forum and only I would have banning privileges and I wouldn't ban him. 
  • welcome to Gayson Citizzle

population: You
  • edited 2013-02-18 14:41:24
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    i understand that you were upset, Aliroz, but you do go on about this.

i don't want to argue this with you.  i don't believe i was in the wrong, and i'm tired of this.
  • edited 2013-02-18 14:45:41
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    Alright, I won't argue with you.

I just think that things might be better if unreasonable people and reasonable people had separate forums and didn't have to deal with one another.  I'd have a forum where I truly belonged, then.
    What happened to your avatar, a8? You look so...impersonal.

Also since when is Nornagest here
    Nobody is totally reasonable anyway.  A forum where everybody was completely reasonable would be like the Internet Holy Grail or something.

i deleted my avatar because i haven't decided on one i want for the moment.  i called Aliroz 'Nornagest' for a joke because one of his posts reminded me of Nornagest a bit.
  • edited 2013-02-18 15:16:14
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    Alright, change of subject.

Pomeranians, Pugs, or Poodles?
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    I'm seriously considering changing my avatar to naked Patrick from the SpongeBob movie.
    I used to have a Pomeranian, so that's my pick. But I like Pugs a lot too.
    Pugs are sweet.
    GO HOME, SPONGEBOB, YOU'RE DRUNK :(
    Aaaaaand I had pretty much the same reaction to Princess Mindy as Patrick did. O_O
    Spongebob liveblog?
    I've modded forums before and the only people I ever banned were folks whose behavior was egregious (you know, the horrible shit),  were intentionally fucking annoying, or were just worthless fucking cretins. 

and by the second there I'm talking about people who think that their brand of humor is just hilarious but can't see that nobody else shares this sentiment. This isn't limited to online, of course, and these folks come from every walk of life. 

Yeah, because my niece is here, Nick is running it, and I'm kinda bored.
  • edited 2013-02-18 15:54:30
    If i were modding my own forum, there are things i'd do differently from what i did on TVT and things i'd do the same.  i was very naïve in many respects when i started out, and was too timid and deferential to authority to be effective, at least at first.

But i don't think i'd want mod my own forum, anyway.  A lot of people liked what i did on TVT, but it was exhausting and it wasn't nearly enough.  And when i look back, the mistakes loom much larger than the better decisions.
    Yeah, I still think that TVT suffered from not having strong enough rules early on.
    Agreed.
    The best way to go about modding any forum, I'd think, is not treat it like a position that the regular user wants to have. By that I mean not using mod power to win arguments or as an armor for thin skin or talking about how fucking awesome it is to have a little mod forum where everyone circlejerked themselves away from the regular users. 

One of the things that I made pretty clear when I was modding was that because I was an such an insulting smartass, that people could be an insulting smartass right back to me. I've been kicked out of forums plenty of times by thin-skinned crybabies and I wasn't about to act the same. 
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    well The Hub is running a marathon of Animaniacs

which I'm recording part of for bumpers and stuff

...the commercials on The Hub make me kinda sad

nobody really watches it, they seem to run a lot of mail-order ads of the sort that populated Toon Disney/Jetix and I think one of the few major advertisers there that was actually going after kids was McDonald's and I'm not sure they even bother with them anymore
  • edited 2013-02-18 16:12:00
    ^^ i don't think you'd have liked TVT.  It mostly operated strictly according to Fast Eddie's decisions.  He was prone to locking or deleting threads when he got tired of them, and making snap policy decisions when tropers did things he didn't like.

We did have a private mod forum, but it wasn't like a private hangout/clubhouse, more a way of making sure we were on the same page with things.  We sometimes joked about how exciting it was when asked, but i think everyone knew we weren't serious.
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis

This would be perfect if they had a giant human head to put over the horses. 
    Or if the coloration of the horse matched the masks, or vice versa.
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    that's a good point, too.
    http://www.barracks.marines.mil/News/NewsArticleDisplay/tabid/4206/Article/138243/marine-barracks-washington-dc-welcomes-future-marine-corps-mascot.aspx

People see this and think it's our cute little sendup but that dog will go through actual recruit training (probably at Parris Island) and will have an actual service record and have actual rank and privileges that a human Marine has
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I'm awake, for certain values of "awake", at least.

I like to think the horse is just standing there like, "god this is demeaning."
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    MUDAH MUDAH MUDAH MUDAH!
    *riffs*
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Welcome back to Squidward.

Bill Dance (bass fishing superstar) sharing mail from his younger fans, that's cute. Kids still being forced to learn D'Nealian, that's fucking terrible 
  • Hey, what happened to my imaginary girlfriend #4 aka Cream
    He went to the nether regions to fight the true evil 
  • yeah, sounds like the kind of thing she'd do

whatever that is, I don't really get it
  • She ceased to exist in this place.

That's not to say that he doesn't exist in other places, or that zhe doesn't exist in real life (which is the important place when it comes to existence)
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I'm gonna have fun tonight.

SO I DECLARE AS THE PRINCESS OF MYSELF.
    Cream is doing other important things.

^I just made a goomba princess, YNTKT
  • ok i did get it
    despite not getting it

I was just worried, who knows, maybe some bad thing caused it

Now to revise psuedocode for a search problem

// FIX GOES HERE

function MAKEGOFASTER++
  • and with knowledge that cream is ok, I once again vanish from this virtual plane

if any of you hear from her through some other way of contacting a human being, tell her i sent a hug, k?

thxbye
    ...is there a particular reason why we're tiptoeing around this?

Cream left following a disagreement with some of us, and requested that hir account and posts be deleted.
  • in that case, thanks in advance, eemee
    I wasn't around to see the drama, I just know it happened. 
    I will relay your message, PhantomThief.