The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    The Evil Dead series has a few possessed dudes.

...thinking about it, though, most of the victims are female. Eh.
  • so I was watching "Death Punchies" (aka Season 1, Ep. 5 of Regular Show)

and, uh

this happened

turns out Rigby was actually Nigel Thornberry this whole time

and we never noticed
  • i wish to come up with a song lyric for this signature, but no song lyrics are coming to mind
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    At first glance that looked more like Bart Simpson to me...
  • edited 2012-08-27 23:08:37
    Man, I remember The Wild Thornberries when it first started airing.

Now, I feel old.
    So do I.

I used to avoid it because I was scared of Klasky-Csupo's logo of the time. >_>

(though the show's earliest episodes had the 1991 one, at least)
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    The Wild Thornberrys was one of those shows that I watched because it was there, even though I didn't really like it.
    Same here, at times, and that also goes for CatDog and Ed, Edd 'n' Eddy (though the latter probably has more merit than I saw in it, it was more enjoyable than the other two referred to).
  • Once you overcome any initial hesitation, you will be surprised to learn
    how wonderful semen is in the kitchen. Semen is an exciting ingredient
    that can give every dish you make an interesting twist. If you are a
    passionate cook and are not afraid to experiment with new ingredients -
    you will love this cook book!
  • TreTre
    edited 2012-08-27 23:22:16
    Ed, Edd 'n' Eddy has actually gotten progressively more enjoyable for me. I used to hate it because there wasn't much of an appeal I saw but as I got older it seems like it's grown on me. I like it now.
  • You know, I think I only remember a single plot of Thornberrys, that being the older sister blowing out the air conditioning. Not the most remarkable of series. I never got why Rugrats and it got a crossover (well, not until years later when I found out they were by the same company).

Speaking of logos that creeped child versions of us out, I was afraid of this particular version of the Shriners logo when I was younger. For some reason, I interpreted the child as a dead body and the guy carrying her killed her. Which makes no sense because that child is clearly happy and alive.

• edited 2012-08-27 23:27:24

I think I watched the Yu-Gi-Oh anime at some point when i was younger, and some other stuff too. (*Shrug*)
  • Yu-gi-oh! was pretty cool when I was in middle school. I tried rewatching it again a little while ago and man is it a silly, bad show.
  • JZ: no lie, that logo is pretty strange.
    they squashed and stretched Antique Olive Nord too much... :(

also what is that thing he's holding in his other arm?
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    It looks like a pair of crutches...
  • Living tissue over endoskeleton.
    Darn it guys, why do you always move past the topics I can contribute to?

Whatevs, you can't stop me.

Very very few horror movies scare me; I found Psycho pretty scary, and The Shining as well. The most disturbing movie I've ever seen, however, isn't even a horror movie. It's Valhalla Rising:

• THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Yay, this DE-9 to mini DIN-8 cable I got actually works! I can send images to my Apple IIs from the lappy now! Also, I can theoretically use the ImageWriter from the lappy as well, though that's more of an experiment.
    ...what lappy is this?
    My current one, the Core i7 running Linux.
  • Man I really shouldn't look at TV Tropes Dethroning Moment of Suck pages for shows. Just...flarrrgghghghgh

Fun fact: The last time I was at Walmart, I actually saw a box labelled "trendy tote bag" on the clearance rack. I have to wonder if whoever made that product knew about "for kids". XD
    ^^Too whiny?

^"for kids"?
    Importing new graphics into games can be amusing.

I am easily amused.
  • Anon: Most definitely

Man I really shouldn't look at TV Tropes Dethroning Moment of Suck pages for shows. Just...flarrrgghghghgh

Remind me to slap you later
  • CA: You schmuck :P

• The award for most brutal non-grindcore Napalm Death side project goes too
    CA, JZ: I tried reading DMOS before, and yeah, it makes Wall Banger and SBIH look like At The Movies. So much nitpicky whining! 

Imi: YAY OSAKA

Anyway, I need to get to bed now. Good night!
  • this cover... I like it. huh

So I'm reading the DMOS page for MLP:FIM and...I kinda agree with whoever mentioned Rarity and Pinkie being left in the desert. I know it's supposed to be funny (and it kinda is) but it does seem unusually mean-spirited for the show.
  • edited 2012-08-28 01:45:29
    Touch the cow. Do it now.
    ^^Not bad.

raocow sang this
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited 2012-08-28 02:31:06
    ಠ_ಠ
    Job interview in an hour and a half.

*bites nails*
  • edited 2012-08-28 02:31:33
    Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Good luck Tools!

And good night everyone.
    Good luck Tools.

Good night Imi.
  • Sleep goodfully, Imi.

Good Luck Tools.
    Good luck Tools.

With the sleeping, Imi.
    Also, be back in an hour or two. See ya.
  • edited 2012-08-28 04:07:49

if we visualize what we want, if we have faith in ourselves, if we tell God that we believe in miracles, if we tap into our inner strength, if we grasp that we are truly exceptional, if we focus on happiness, our lives will be harmonious and complete.
    So what if you put some kind of small transponder (like the ones used in electronic toll collection tags) in every new car?

Then you put a device that can read said transponder in each new car too.

The reader is activated only when the car's high beams are on. When it detects another car's transponder within a certain range, it automatically dims the lights back to the low beams. Once the other car is out of the specified range, it lights them back up.

It's an idea I had, but already I can think of a number of problems with it, not the least of which is that any car without the transponder (i.e., all older cars) wouldn't be detected...