The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• i wish to come up with a song lyric for this signature, but no song lyrics are coming to mind
    Tribunal.esm
  • i wish to come up with a song lyric for this signature, but no song lyrics are coming to mind
    The main data file for Tribunal.
    (requires Morrowind.esm to run)
  • Living tissue over endoskeleton.
    NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH, NAH NAH NAH NAAAAAAHHH

Heeee is the One, pure in his heart, shining fair in the bright, never lost
    Stand up. There you go. You were dreaming. What's your name?
    Well, not even last night's storm could wake you. I heard them say we've reached Morrowind, I'm sure they'll let us go!
  • Aliroz_ said:

Once upon a time, Mister Tommy Jefferson was minding his own business, eating his cabbage, when that mean old industrialist mister Al Hamilton came in uninvited.

"How rude," thought Tommy Jefferson, "first he undercuts all I have tried to do for years, then he establishes an economy based on industrialization rather than the sacred American Agrarian, and now he interrupts my cabbage". 

"What is it now, Alexander?"

"Oh, business as usual, Thomas.  Is the common man educated yet, or have you wasted more of the money my businesses made?"

"Don't talk about that!  You know these things take time."

"Yeah, time.  Time like your Monticello debts take time to pay off.  Oh wait, you can't pay them off."

Mean old industrialist mister Al Hamilton had crossed a line.

"James!  I told you never to let Hamilton in my house ever again!" Squalked Tommy Jefferson, coughing up cabbage.

"Sorry, Tom, but Alex is my friend, and he looked so sad when I said you couldn't come in.  He's not that bad a guy when you get to know him, and neither is John Ada-" said Jamie Madison.

"Don't mention that name.  John and I are through!" Interrupted Tommy Jefferson, his face as red as his hair used to be.

"So, Gentlemen, shall we get to business?" inquired mean old industrialist mister Al Hamilton.  "I hear the southern states would like to see the capital moved.  I could... arrange such a thing".

"What could you possibly want from Virginia that would entice you to move the capital, Alex?" Asked James Madison.

"James, I told you to never let Hamilton in, no matter what.  My debts will be paid before I'll see that man in my house again.  Out!  Out!  And no, you can't have any of my cabbage" said Tommy Jefferson.

"Speaking of debts, Virginia has paid off hers, but many northern states haven't.  I want that debt assumed, Thomas.  Assumed by the federal government." Said Alex Hamilton.

"Never.  You're just trying to sell influence to the highest bidder."

"I don't think he'll leave until you agree to a compromise, Tom.  Moving the capital to the south in exchange for assumption of state debts sounds like a good bargain."  Whispered Jamie Madion, whisperingly, in a whispered whisper.

"Fine."  Barked Tommy Jefferson, passive-aggressively.

And that's how Washington D.C. was founded.

The end.

Yaaay, Facepalm Studios strikes again
    VENGEFUL VENGEANCE
  • Doctor Who reference in Pokemon B2W2? Headcanon accepted.
    VENGEANCE OF THE AVENGER II: THE REVENGE
    (there really was a Sega CD game called Avengers of Vengeance. Fighting game. Had a giant rhino character.)
  • "Avante-guarde"

HAVE AT YOU

I love how Chell doesn't even give a flip about it.
    It seems in character.

...they ALL seem in character actually.
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Darn, I was in a really nasty dark mood, hating everything and I wanted to just sulk.

Too bad Gloria Estefan restored my enthusiasm.

I'm un-depressed now, I want to go be constructive and accomplish things.  Yeah!  Life is awesome!

''Get on your feet, stand up, stand up and take some action''

Gloria Estefan, you sure know how to lift my spirits and ruin a bad mood.

Anyways, yeah, I haven't done a Facepalm Studios thing in a while.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Good Lord, you actually CALLED it "Facepalm Studios"?

one hundred levels! Eighteen hundred screens! Longest I've ever played!
  • edited 2012-08-28 18:59:50
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)

this man wanted to make you his bitch.

his attempts at doing so did not make anyone at all become his bitch.

he is sorry for trying to make you his bitch.
    suuuuuuuuuuuuure he is
    that's john romero 

he made a video game with a very aggressive advertising campaign 
  • no really, he did apologize once

in other news, I just remembered the original Portal has really creepy blood spattering and I'm wondering whether I should play it again because of that

really, the first time I played it that was probably the worst part besides the turrets (and I think those kind of may be the same thing? -shrug-)
  • Ah.

I don't really know video game creators.

and then the game it advertised sucked so bad Penny Arcade didn't even have to make a joke about it to make a funny comic

• Apparently, he worked on a bunch of Commander Keen games. Huh.
    they're not the same ion storm who made deus ex 

if they were, things would be different probably 
    Jumpingzombie said:Apparently, he worked on a bunch of Commander Keen games. Huh.

also he made the
    Doom games or something
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

I played those a lot back in the day
  • Spacey: I just found that surprising since I played Keen as a child and was not what I expected from that guy.

Also, therapy sessions scheduled. Huzzah.
  • If at first you don't succeed, you fail, and the test will be terminated.
    tre

tre are you being GLaDOS again
    Besides the shittiness of the game itself, the Daikatana marketing campaign strikes me as having...strange...and unfortunate...overtones
    I mean, duh
    waffles
    Ringo Starr is the world's richest drummer

Unsurprisingly
    i'd like to be

under the sea
  • edited 2012-08-28 19:26:50
    I've been binging the Beatles lately. My appreciation for them has been growing. (When I was younger I didn't like them much at all. )
  • edited 2012-08-28 20:08:04

Mitt Romney was born on March 12, 1947, in Ohio, Florida, Michigan, Virginia and several other swing states. He emerged, hair first, believing in America, and especially its national parks. He was given the name Mitt, after the Roman god of mutual funds, and launched into the world with the lofty expectation that he would someday become the Arrow shirt man.
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    On the one hand, Boney.

On the other hand, Yarrun.
  • Wow. Braun used to make some really pretty products.

Nowadays it's just shaving stuff and coffee makers. Stupid P&G. :[
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited 2012-08-28 21:34:19

At parties with other Apple employees, they'd all get tanked, pull out their phones, and spike them to the ground, laughing as the Gorilla Glass and circuits sprayed. Sounds more entertaining than flip cup, at least—and to Jake and the rest, it was a sort of game. How many phones could they squeeze out of oblivious, infinitely-stocked Apple? In the early days of the phone, the only limit seemed to be the audacity of the Geniuses. They even traded gear for free drinks.
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Argh, really long day today.

Whose idea was it to make a schedule where the two classes on Tuesday and Thursday are three hours apart? Oh, yeah. Derp.