The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• i wish to come up with a song lyric for this signature, but no song lyrics are coming to mind
    are you suggesting

that isn't an interesting philosophical point

• More interesting than stupid people on the internet.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Oh, lol, I forgot that next Monday is Labor Day.

My first weekend of the semester will be a 4-day one, awesomeness
  • i wish to come up with a song lyric for this signature, but no song lyrics are coming to mind
    ADORABLE KITTEN
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    That kitten is just wonderful. It's almost spherical from the excess of fluff.
  • It is pretty much a purrfect kitty, yesh indeedy~
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    "Now what has gone wrong? From where did Laurie Penny derive her strange ideas about rapists? From this god orful comic books and steampunk shit and Harry Potter and this grotesque reactionary children’s literature she esteems. Perhaps? How else have so many women responding to this narrative been afflicted in this way when twenty years ago women’s intellects and worldliness was so far ahead of this childish state? It has to be the braindamaging cocaculture commodities they love. It’s not their elders."

I can't read this without picturing this in my head.

• Odradek said:

I can't read this

ftfy
  • The sadness will last forever.
    i am the table
  • Vshao said:

i am the table

I AM THE TABLET
  • > "streaming" movies
    > sagging pants
    > backwards hats

YOU MAKE ME LAUGH.
  • Also, the cool kids all pirate movies, duh.

Eff da po-leece.
    what is a statue of liberty doing there
  • Tre said:

Also, the cool kids all pirate movies, duh.

Eff da po-leece.

YOU WOULDN'T STEAL A TV

YOU WOULDN'T DISEMBOWEL AN ELDERLY WOMAN WITH A BACKHOE

YOU WOULDN'T RIP OFF THE PRODIGY BECAUSE THEY WOULDN'T GIVE YOU THE RIGHTS TO USE THEIR SONG IN YOUR ADD
    mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark mark
    super bangkok pizza
  • Doctor Who reference in Pokemon B2W2? Headcanon accepted.

I thought Ayn Rand was a Libertarian demagogue, not a Republican one. In fact just about every Republican I know finds her ideals as disgusting as a Democrat would.

As for Mitt's VP pick and RAtM, someone else put it best: "It's like the world's oldest teenager trying to tell off the world's oldest college republican"

• Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
    Odradek said:

"Now what has gone wrong? From where did Laurie Penny derive her strange ideas about rapists? From this god orful comic books and steampunk shit and Harry Potter and this grotesque reactionary children’s literature she esteems. Perhaps? How else have so many women responding to this narrative been afflicted in this way when twenty years ago women’s intellects and worldliness was so far ahead of this childish state? It has to be the braindamaging cocaculture commodities they love. It’s not their elders."

I can't read this without picturing this in my head.

I love Kelly :3

I thought Ayn Rand was a Libertarian demagogue, not a Republican one. In fact just about every Republican I know finds her ideals as disgusting as a Democrat would.

The story is that Rand disowned the Libertarian movement because it wasn't really supposed to be about FYGM but be about rational self-interest.

• I should read more of the Onion.
    Tre said:

I should read more of the Onion.

I can only read 5 articles of the Onion online a month because I am a dirty furringer.
  • The UK version still makes you subscribe to it? Booooooo.
    Kelly is the most relevant political cartoonist on the scene right now. I'm not saying that to be "ironic", it's the truth. It's because political cartooning has degenerated due to the influences of Ted Rall and his ilk utterly ruining it.

Tre said:

I should read more of the Onion.

I can only read 5 articles of the Onion online a month because I am a dirty furringer.
    proxy
  • edited 2012-08-27 17:22:13
    Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
    Kelly is the most relevant political cartoonist on the scene right now. I'm not saying that to be "ironic", it's the truth. It's because political cartooning has degenerated due to the influences of Ted Rall and his ilk utterly ruining it.

Well, I've been reading the SA political cartoon thread and Ted Rall is mild compared with the McCoys or Lester or Muir or Branco or Raimerz or Asay.

Ted Rall is such an incompetent artist that I can't take his work seriously

Ted Rall is such an incompetent artist that I can't take his work seriously
    Yep. He is the most pathetic person in the comic world today, but he finds validation in all the scorn heaped on him. Fortunately for the rest of the world he's almost completely run out of bridges to burn, as he was kicked out of newspaper comics a while back just being his insufferable arrogant-assed self. 
  • Getting some sleep. Job interview in the morning! *bites nails*

Night, all.

*hugs all*
    Yep. He is the most pathetic person in the comic world today, but he
    finds validation in all the scorn heaped on him. Fortunately for the
    rest of the world he's almost completely run out of bridges to burn, as
    he was kicked out of newspaper comics a while back just being his
    insufferable arrogant-assed self.
    Oh wow, I didn't know that.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Good luck, Tools.

Oh wow, I didn't know that.
    It gets funnier. He's pals with CWC's brother and even got him to be a voice on that terrible cartoon he did for Adult Swim. 
    It gets funnier. He's pals with CWC's brother and even got him to be a voice on that terrible cartoon he did for Adult Swim.
    Lol
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    My biggest weakness as a writer is dialogue.  I cannot make two personalities bounce off of each other, I really have to tell what a character is like, rather than show it through dialogue.  Conversations in my work are flat and wooden, without actually doing anything for the characters involved.

My greatest strength as a writer is individual scenes.  I will often write a whole story to build up to one climactic event.  By actions, I can define my characters, and my meticulous noting of detail can really pay off with many checkhov's guns in one particular scene.
  • 1. The Melody X From a Wandering Star (Remix of "Forgotten Eastern Spirit")

2. See You, Space Cowboy

3. Lunatic Lightwave (Ubiclex Calculus Mix)

4. ൠൠൠ Concealed Alien From a Quasar ൠൠൠ

5. INTERMISSION

6. They Did Not Know

-------------------------------

?. Night Tape Revisited (7.83Hz)

?. Dark Town 

?. Do Androids Believe in Electric Gods? 

?. Intergalactic Communication

luigi's mansion

Aliroz_ said:

I will often write a whole story to build up to one climactic event. 

I'm not trying to be a jerk here but that's how just about every story ever written goes
  • edited 2012-08-27 19:18:34
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    Yeah, I'm not very original in that way.
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited 2012-08-27 19:33:47
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Damn Lain must be fucked up on some heavy shit, that lil nigga be seeing smoke coming outta her damn fingers. I'm guessing some pretty hardcore LSD, yo.

For all the stupid that is on Youtube comments, sometimes you just come across solid gold like this.

• ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    I do like to have the scene happen in the past, with each character only seeing a fraction of it.  A sort-of-mystery, with each character having some of the pieces, some finding many pieces but dying before they can tell it to the others, some having only a few pieces, but those pieces are vitally important.

The Summation of the pivotal defining scene, with all the little details turning out to be important, can be excellent.
  • TreTre
    edited 2012-08-27 19:39:50
    ^^ I read that comment in Golden Joe's voice.
    run devil run
    hoot
    bongo lipstick
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited 2012-08-27 19:55:08
    Plurb. I hate the feeling I merely think I'm good at something when, in reality, I'm not.