The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Trap. Bath. Giraffe. Palm.
  • or at least you probably do, burgundy/mojave/[insert future name here, so this post is applicable for posterity]

I don't really notice you doing this actually.
  • ...yeah, come to think of it, I don't do it that often here.
  • I have seen you compare things to the Cure franchise before, which has always confused me because I'm pretty sure that series is only really popular in its home country.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    All I know about Our Darker Purpose is that a guy on SA said it sucks without much further elaboration.
  • edited 2014-01-29 22:14:15
    You mean Pretty Cure?

Yeah, and it's a shame that it's never really made it big in the States, because it's pretty damn awesome.  Magical girls being girly AND kicking the shit out of baddies.  And not really giving a damn to the notion that those two don't usually go together.

Though I haven't even mentioned it in a while...yeah I guess I just don't talk anime here much.  Probably a bad idea.
    Most anime is boring to me nowadays.

Manga has become more interesting.
  • edited 2014-01-29 22:17:37
    I find anime much more interesting than manga, for some reason.

Probably because it lacks color and soundtracks.
  • edited 2014-01-29 22:18:32
    Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I'd probably be more likely to read a manga than watch an anime, honestly

ninja'd by ohgodwhat
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Tachyon said:

But then you say things like 'i am wrong about everything but some things are more important than right or wrong, and you guys disagree with me about everything, and i wish you guys were hypocrites or held unpopular opinions so i could relish being right for a change' and so on.

It would be nice to have the high ground.

• I experienced the Gospel of Éclair in early 2009

then I experienced the Gospel of Sara in late 2013
    IT'S OVER ANAKIN
    (2015 self)
    Odradek said:

IT'S OVER ANAKIN

YOU UNDERESSTIMMUT MAAAH POWAH!
  • I was losing an argument with my mom, but then I stood on top of a stool and totally won that shit
  • I watched Fresh Pretty Cure (50 eps) in fall 2012 semester, I think
    maybe I finished it in the spring 2013 semester

and Lagrange: the Flower of Rinne (season 1, 12 episodes) and AKB0048 (First Stage, i.e. first season, 13 episodes) sometime around then I think?

or maybe in spring 2013 semester?

Symphogear (13 episodes) came later
    I had Synchrogazer stuck in my head on and off for a few months before I watched it
    in Fall 2013

then I watched Strain (13 episodes) at the end of Fall 2013

oh i think i watched Baldr Force EXE Resolution (4 episodes) sometime in mid 2013
    i forget when
    it was kinda forgettable

I watched the two Ys series sometime recently too (4 and 7 episodes), probably late Fall 2013?
    (2015 self)
    Dang it guys, I'm probably the shortest poster here, so you guys all have the high ground relative to me.
  • I watched Evangelion in spring 2008, roughly, I think

started Noir in spring 2009.  started it, then started Kiddy Grade on a whim.  finished Kiddy Grade first, long before finishing Noir much later.  Noir is a better show but I still like Kiddy Grade a lot more.  It touched my heart.  Noir failed to be much more than be something like a painting that you feel is well-crafted but doesn't really move you.

I started watching Futari wa Pretty Cure before Fresh.  Still have't finished it.

Oh gosh now i want to date all of my watching experiences.
  • YOU PEOPLE WHO WATCH LIKE FIFTY SERIES AT ONCE

YOU CAN'T DO THIS, CAN YOU?

THIS IS WHAT A SPECIAL PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP WITH EVERY STORY CAN DO
  • Aliroz said:

So, some people believe X, and other people believe Y, and X and Y are mutually exclusive.  The people who believe X think that they (the people who believe X) are right; and the people who believe Y believe that they (the people who believe Y) are right.

But how do you know which one is right?  Because if you believe X is right, well, then, you believe X is right; but if you believe Y than you believe Y, and in both situations you think you are right.  Given that every person thinks that he or she is right; and that you believe what you believe; and that we only see our perceptions; how do we know if anything we think is right?  Your stance (X or Y) on the matter indicates nothing about the truth of the matter; because if you believe Y you believe Y and if you believe X you believe X.

Given that nobody thinks that he or she is wrong; how do we know who is wrong?

What if we're all crazy and it turns out that black is white and up is down; that being a jerkface is actually better than being nice to people; there's no way to know what is right or what is wrong because you only know what you know!

What if shoelaces are actually fishes and sidewalks are the mouths of invisible yo-yos??!!?!

Now see, this is why I've devoted most of the last few years to ignoring the lack of absolute truth in my life.

You may say that I'm not ignoring it at the moment, but you underestimate me.
  • YOU PEOPLE WHO WATCH LIKE FIFTY SERIES AT ONCE

YOU CAN'T DO THIS, CAN YOU?

THIS IS WHAT A SPECIAL PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP WITH EVERY STORY CAN DO

WHY ARE WE YELLING
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
  • So I watched first season of Nanoha not too long after I finished Kiddy Grade.  Ekarderif on #tropers introduced me to it.  Later I watched A's and StrikerS, but I forget when exactly.  It was before Spring 2010 though.

He also introduced me to Mai-HiME.  I watched some of that, before Fall 2009.  Stopped after episode 15.  Still haven't picked it back up.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    glitches
  • The one thing in my anime-watching experience that just isn't clear is how I found my way to Stratos 4.

I know after I found Stratos 4 I found Rocket Girls, Sky Girls, and then Noimporta recommended that I check out Stellvia.

I might have found Stratos 4 via MAL, from Kiddy Grade.  MAL says that I joined the site in May 2009.
  • I heard about Uta~Kata shortly after finishing Kiddy Grade, but didn't watch it until much later.

Noimporta also rec'd Infinite Ryvius, which seems interesting but I haven't finished it yet.

He and ponicalicaspinor and a few other folks also rec'd RahXephon but for some reason it doesn't seem that interesting.  It seems to be vaguely based on Evangelion, but plot wasn't Evangelion's strong suit anyway.

Watched The iDOLM@STER around the 2011-2012 timeframe.  Forget exactly when.  Maybe sometime in early 2012?

I think I watched Eureka Seven before that.  In 2011 probably?

Forgot how I got into Element Hunters.  I think I watched it after The iDOLM@STER.  There's a chance I may have run into it by accident in the midst of a search for pictures of anime characters in bodysuits.
    GLITCHES
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

GLITCHES

...how did I never notice before that Vanellope's skirt is the paper thing from a peanut butter cup
    I found a glitch in Black Candles, oh no, whatever shall we do

...I like peanut butter cups
    Peanut butter cups are the best.
  • I think I want to play Psychonauts but I'm not sure

ehh
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    What is a peanut butter cup? Other than a deadly weapon against people with allergies, that is.
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    suicide
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    poop and pee
    cannibalism
    self flagellation

What is a peanut butter cup? Other than a deadly weapon against people with allergies, that is.

It is a little piece of candy made with chocolate and peanut butter and it is rather awesome

*noms*
    incest
    frottage
    foot worship
    adult baby daiper roleplay
  • how you want it
    show me my opponent

show me my opponent
    fursuits