The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    idkfa
    engage ridley mother fucker
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Get Engaged To Ridley.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Crystal said:

Tachyon said:

i really enjoyed his recent Nighttime Visitor and Notes of Obsession videos.

Yay!

I think I'm an early bird at heart, not that that stops the awesome cycle of issues influencing other issues, and making that harder to reach. Also good morning.
    At least you get the worm. ^_^
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Heh, oh you.
    99 Reasons Androids > Birds
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Surely you saw that coming. :P

Also I dreamed our dog ran away during a tornado warning, so for once waking up to his unnecessary barking was reassuring instead of irritating.
  • ok that was the worst plasma donation ever
  • I think my losing weight has upped my heat tolerance a lot
  • kill living beings

The show aims to explore subjects that its creators feel have historically not been emphasized in most science fiction shows to date,[7][8] such as politics, identity, sexuality, AIDS, gender and religion.[8][9]

what the christ
    most science fiction is about rubber suit aliens
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    take that, God
  • fight. dream. horse. love.
    I genuinely cant tell if this is fake or not
    I just assumed it was a joke slide but I guess that would require Yudkowsky to have a sense of humor, so
  • I'm hearing voices again

Whoop di do
    What do the voices say?
  • Nothing. It's like they are whispering in the distant. I can hear them, but not make out what they are saying.
    Hmm...spooky
    Lowbrow: Art that appeals to common and base sensibilities

Highbrow: Art that appeals to sensibilities judged to be more refined and important than lowbrow art is aimed at.

Middlebrow: There is art that his highbrow, and art that is lowbrow, and there is work that the untermenschen lumpenproletariat THINK is highbrow, but which actually fails to be highbrow, that I, a smarter person than so-called smart people, can see is actually middlebrow

tl;dr

Lowbrow: Accusation of a snob

Highbrow: Accusation of a phillistine

Middlebrow: Accusation of an insufferable piece of shit who is worse than both.
    ^this post is very middlebrow.
    Wrong, fucker
    I've fallen back into "I don't feel like showering today" mode.

Either I'm exceptionally lazy or I'm entering a depressive episode. Or both.
  • kill living beings
    it's so hot here
    warm weather is a thing now

but, I prefer it to cold, at least.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

I've fallen back into "I don't feel like showering today" mode.

Either I'm exceptionally lazy or I'm entering a depressive episode. Or both.
    i know how that goes...

also: I Hate Summer
    Yes good
  • edited 2016-06-06 02:24:03
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    TRASH HEAP CLASSICS – MAY 2012

I find myself wanting to read fairy tales.

Why is this so?

MachSpeed said:

Fairy tales are awesome that's why.

But where can I find fairy tales at this hour? All the shops are closed!

MachSpeed said:

You're on the internet.

Figure it out.

If only there were some website where I could input the term "fairy tales" and be presented with a list of internet resources relating to the topic, or, if I happen to be feeling lucky, be taken directly to one!

It's a shame such a site will probably never exist...
    Tachyon said:

...I'm always amazed at how easy it is to get people to find things I want for me, on the internet. You people must think I'm an actual princess or something.

MachSpeed said:

No, you're just lazy.

Like the rest of us.

Tachyon said:

It gave me an excuse to find out what fairy tales were on Gutenberg, anyway.

Zelda-Rubinstein-dies-.jpg

The lady in this ad is Zelda Rubinstein who you probably know best as the medium in Poltergeist.

She was actually an extremely early advocate for AIDS/HIV awareness at a time talking about it wasn't kosher, and also an advocate for Little Person rights.

Cool lady, that Zelda Rubinstein
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

but none of those have the best fairy tale

I think you mean this
  • aw that one is sad :(

also why a sausage
  • Father shall be swallowed by the son, and brother shall be swallowed by brother.
    pfft
  • edited 2016-06-06 02:42:06
    image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Fairy tales? (Warning, murder.)
  • that is hilariously passive-aggressive for something that can't actually think.
    passive-aggressive-passive-aggressive-passive-aggressive-passive-aggressive-passive-aggressive-passive-aggressive-passive-aggressive-passive-aggressive-passive-aggressive-passive-aggressive-passive-aggressive-passive-aggressive-passive-aggressive-passive-aggressive-passive-aggressive-passive-aggressive-passive-aggressive-passive-aggressive-passive-aggressive-passive-aggressive-passive-aggressive-passive-aggressive-passive-aggressive-passive-aggressive-passive-aggressive-passive-aggressive-passive-aggressive-passive-aggressive-passive-aggressive-passive-aggressive-passive-aggressive-passive-aggressive-passive-aggressive-passive-aggressive-passive-aggressive-passive-aggressive-passive-aggressive-passive-aggressive-passive-aggressive-passive-aggressive-passive-aggressive-passive-aggressive-passive-aggressive-passive-aggressive-passive-aggressive-passive-aggressive-passive-aggressive-passive-aggressive-passive-aggressive-passive-aggressive-passive-aggressive-passive-aggressive-passive-aggressive-passive-aggressive-passive-aggressive-passive-aggressive-passive-aggressive-passive-aggressive-passive-aggressive-passive-aggressive-passive-aggressive-passive-aggressive-passive-aggressive-passive-aggressive-passive-aggressive-passive-aggressive-passive-aggressive-passive-aggressive-passive-aggressive-passive-aggressive
  • paggive assressive
    Damnable pasta regressives, they've gone too far this time!
  • Not a hybrid rabbit-skink spirit
    sup nerds
    Oh hey Bunny

Long time no see
  • Not a hybrid rabbit-skink spirit
    Yeah, I kinda drifted away for a while

Thought I'd pop in, see how everyone's doing
    I am still Imi