The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• Headaches don't hit me nearly as hard at home
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    that's good
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    @Kexruct: Do be aware that overusing caffeine will make your body build up a tolerance and you'll lose any benefits of it. I found that out the hard way a few years back.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Which is another reason why you need to pace it when you do.

Also, whenever possible, applying for a day job rather than night work would be a significant boon to your mental health, particularly with your condition in mind.
    yeah being nocturnal seems to really agitate my own issues, maybe it does yours too
    Multiple studies show that working against your own circadian rhythms is really bad for your health and can seriously aggravate cognitive issues, depression and anxiety.
    oh
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Unfortunately, I seem to have slipped back into "staying up till 8 or 9 in the morning", something I used to do a lot back in 2012-13 but had mostly slipped out of.

Not being in school and not having a job really makes it hard to maintain any sort of consistency with regard to this kind of thing. I just end up at "sleep whenever I'm tired, be awake whenever I'm not."

This is probably unhealthy...
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    i seem to have fallen into similar habits, except not quite as late because in my case i do have to work

i'm sick, and this probably isn't a coincidence
  • I didn't get to sleep until nearly half four today.

Whoops
    I've been awake all night. It's pretty intense. But fuck it, I've been marathoning The Good Wife for weeks. I'm going to finish this.
    I've been sitting around watching an LP of a horror adventure game all night.

HarshlyCritical's playthrough of Fran Bow, for the curious, recommended to me by Crystal.
    apparently that show's really good

wonder what CBS's next critical darling will be though, they gotta balance out NCIS: Mars with something
  • @Kexruct: Do be aware that overusing caffeine will make your body build up a tolerance and you'll lose any benefits of it. I found that out the hard way a few years back.

I'm aware. It's why I avoided it almost entirely until my senior year in high school where I used it veeeery sparingly.

However I've also always had near debilitating intermittent fatigue/migraine/muscle weakness problems, especially problematic in an overnight stocking job. Caffeine is the only thing available to me that helps.

This game is amazing
  • Are those number significant
    is that a code or something
    It's a phone number you have to dial in the game, that's all

But the wording amused me
  • Would anybody be interested in taking part in another Heapers Hangout Hunger Games?
    Sure.
    You know what I'm gonna get when I move into my own place? A clock with chimes that plays the Westminster Quarters.

I'm sure it would drive my parents insane, so I'll wait till I move out, but it would totally enhance the feel of living in a palace with a huge clock tower. ^_^
  • Forget the palace

I'm going to live in a clock tower
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Ding dong ding dong, ding dong ding dong.
  • edited 2016-06-05 12:14:54
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

Ding dong ding dong, ding dong ding dong.

oh my god i actually heard it in my head as i read it
    Ever wonder what happens if you try to put emoji on your checks?

Incidentally, America is like the only place that spells it "check" and not "cheque" when referring to the bank document; I wonder why that is.
  • Toolsie said:

Would anybody be interested in taking part in another Heapers Hangout Hunger Games?

How many actual heapers do I get to actually murder with actual swords? 
  • tbh I'll settle for 2/3
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    yeL88ke.gif
    HarshlyCritical rocks.  it was Crystal who showed me his channel, too

i really enjoyed his recent Nighttime Visitor and Notes of Obsession videos.
    Toolsie said:

Would anybody be interested in taking part in another Heapers Hangout Hunger Games?

Definitely

but if you're doing it tonight i won't be about to submit a Sim, so can i just resubmit Zesty?
  • I don't know when I'll be doing it. I'll make a thread about it, and wait a bit. Not feeling too great right now.
    Oh, sorry to hear that.  Hope you feel better soon!

i'm not feeling awesome myself.  Gonna try and take a nap before i start work, hopefully i'll feel better after.
  • I'm becoming nocturnal, that's my problem.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I would be in another HHHG of course.
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Tachyon said:

i really enjoyed his recent Nighttime Visitor and Notes of Obsession videos.

Yay!

I think I'm an early bird at heart, not that that stops the awesome cycle of issues influencing other issues, and making that harder to reach. Also good morning.
  • Just had a swordfish steak for tea.

It was delicious.
    I imagine it's difficult to drink a swordfish.
  • I dunno, they've made teas out of stranger things.
    Three penis wine is a thing in China.

Swordfish steak is indeed delicious, although I haven't had it in the better part of a decade...
  • kill living beings
    i find this ridiculous treatment guidance funny somehow

like how are you supposed to judge otherwise
  • edited 2016-06-05 17:08:46
    For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.
    If you do need a second injection—that is, if you aren't able to ambulate, know who you are, or know where you are—won't you also be unable to realize you need it, let alone actually injecting yourself?
  • For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.
    "If you're physically and mentally capable of taking this drug, then you don't need it, and it will possibly kill you."
  • kill living beings
    you might be able to. nerve agents only sometimes cause delusions!

(what it's actually saying in context is "don't inject yourself twice, ever. let someone else whose nervous system isn't melting do it")
  • I shall defeat my enemies with the power of...

SUPER FRESH BREATH!
  • lurky lurky lurk
  • I set fiiiiiiiire to the rain...

...why the hell is that in my head I haven't even been listening to that song.
    up up down down
    XYZZY.