The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
  • My mum used to teach someone called Basil. And his initials were also BASIL.
  • He has a sister called Fennel.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I knew a girl in high school named Frostie

I think I mentioned this before
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I knew a kid in middle school named Hans Christian Andersen.

Seriously.
    Also I once met a girl named Whitney. People would ask her if she was related to Whitney Houston, because people are stupid.
  • There was a Harry Potter in my brother's year at secondary school.

My brother was born in 1989, a few years before the first book.
  • that is a Good Tweet
  • Illuminati Guy at work doesn't know who the Koch Brothers are
    yeah, nobody's gonna top that one.
  • Speaking of, is there a combination of pheromones that can signal to someone that I don't want to talk about the Illuminati, asking for a friend
  • edited 2016-06-05 03:10:07
    fight. dream. horse. love.
    caught The Royal Tenenbaums and Inherent Vice back to back, so today's a good day on cable
    how was Inherent Vice?
  • kill living beings
    Kexruct said:

Speaking of, is there a combination of pheromones that can signal to someone that I don't want to talk about the Illuminati, asking for a friend

unfortunately, you might have to use.......... sound
    Kexruct said:

Speaking of, is there a combination of pheromones that can signal to someone that I don't want to talk about the Illuminati, asking for a friend

why the hell would you not want to talk about the Illuminati?
    Tonight on CBA 7:

11:30 PM Braceface: The Next Generation
    12:00 AM Mary Shelley's Frankenstein: The Musical
    1:30 AM Paid Programming
    2:00 AM Even More Expensive Paid Programming
    3:00 AM Imicow's House of Music
  • fight. dream. horse. love.

how was Inherent Vice?

Only been 5 minutes, I'll let you know

• “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Kexruct said:

Pretend you're Jewish and really into Hillary.

how was Inherent Vice?

Only been 5 minutes, I'll let you know

ah, ok
  • meow meow meowtherfuckers
    my mom was talking to our landlord's wife and apparently the lady was trying to convert my parents to some weird cult religion (i wasn't there so i don't know what happened but it maybe had to do with the illuminati?) and said that jews shouldn't exist 

so maybe sredni is onto something
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    The nice thing about being American is that the most painful part of converting to Judaism is done for you.
    what part is that

This hurts to read

It sucks that the most interesting thing about Avatar is the way people overidentified with the villain, but that is a thinkpiece none of the Usual Suspects wrote because they were too busy convincing themselves the Na'Vi were somehow sillicon valley
  • concrete meme hell
    Oh my god that quote was stolen from Warhammer fanfic

I hate everything
  • I knew i recognized it from somewhere
    that's a pretty epic quote, but what's with that dude's head
  • that's a pretty epic quote, but what's with that dude's head

he was ambushed by a fierce beastie or somethin
  • like a warhamster
    oh man a warhamster
    Epitome said:

my mom was talking to our landlord's wife and apparently the lady was trying to convert my parents to some weird cult religion (i wasn't there so i don't know what happened but it maybe had to do with the illuminati?) and said that jews shouldn't exist 

I've mentioned before that my dad's family are from one of the oldest Jewish communities in the United States. I am very aware of the weird reflexive anti-Semitism of fringe types in particular and much about Western culture in general because it is at least a little bit personal.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    i have no idea why anti-Semitism is so oddly prevalent
    always kinda wondered about that myself
  • Note to self: venting about crazy bullshit your coworkers believe to other coworkers that you like is a good way to find out what crazy bullshit the coworkers you like believe in

SIIIIIGH
  • meow meow meowtherfuckers

Epitome said:

I've mentioned before that my dad's family are from one of the oldest Jewish communities in the United States. I am very aware of the weird reflexive anti-Semitism of fringe types in particular and much about Western culture in general because it is at least a little bit personal.
    ah, sorry bout that

^ protip: don't complain about people you work with to other people you work with unless you're already good friends. it doesn't work out.
    Inherent Vice is incredibly My Shit, like it's almost uncanny
    hm, really?
    Kexruct said:

Note to self: venting about crazy bullshit your coworkers believe to other coworkers that you like is a good way to find out what crazy bullshit the coworkers you like believe in

SIIIIIGH

I personally love it when my coworkers believe in crazy shit, since it makes things more entertaining, usually.

hm, really?

neo-noir about the Los Angeles melting pot circa early 70s, corrupt business dealings, wheels within wheels within wheels, it's got everything
  • Kexruct said:

Note to self: venting about crazy bullshit your coworkers believe to other coworkers that you like is a good way to find out what crazy bullshit the coworkers you like believe in

SIIIIIGH

I personally love it when my coworkers believe in crazy shit, since it makes things more entertaining, usually.
    It's depressing when it's people I like and frustrating when it's people I don't like (but still have to be around because work)

Epitome said:

Epitome said:

ah, sorry bout that
    It's OK. I have generally lived in tolerant areas and I'm too young to have experienced much of that personally outside of, y'know, reading horrible comments on the Internet. My dad had stories, though. And one of my grandmother's uncles survived Auschwitz.
  • Listening to an LP of Sonic 06.

I know that literally all of the voice acting in that game is tripe, but Omega's voice acting is, like, super tripe. The tripe from which all tripe is born.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    i still prefer jason griffith's sonic to his more radical badical predecessor
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Moss clump.
    So it got just a little bit too crazy toward the end, but I still enjoyed it.
  • Over the course of the previous 12 hours I drank two cokes, a Mountain Dew, and a Red Bull and here I am, near immediately suffering caffeine withdrawals.

Fuuuuuuuck.
    Drink a lot of water and maybe some herbal tea. Lie down, or try meditating.

Next time, though, space out your caffeine intake signficantly.
  • Work, or I would