The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• I have to go to the uni library to finish work off, but ughhhhh it means I have to get out of bed.
  • I read that as "un-library" and am now pondering what an un-library would be.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Jane said:

I read that as "un-library" and am now pondering what an un-library would be.

it is with this in mind that Sherman asks Mr. Peabody if Lewis Carroll might know
  • A building full of TVs tuned to dead air?
    I'm imagining the intro to 101 Dalmatians: The Series, but with blank screens
  • I have to move, but my bed is too comfy

I've got out of bed, had a shower and put some clothes on, and then curled up back on my bed
  • Finally emerged from my hovel
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    God's Not Dead 3: Lost In Space
    Odradek said:

God's Not Dead 3: Lost In Space

In space... no one can hear you pray...except God
  • Oh boy, I do love fainting spells...
    " Frankly, I don’t think there’s ever been or ever will be an attack on Yudkowsky quite as devastating as just explaining Roko’s Basilisk. Or the malaria nets. Seriously, “oh yeah and there’s a weird overlap between his readers and these racist nutjobs” doesn’t hold a candle to Roko’s Basilisk in terms of getting people to think Yudkowsky is out of his fucking skull. "
    Toolsie said:

Oh boy, I do love fainting spells...

Do you think it's your diet?
  • For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.
    Odradek said:

" Frankly, I don’t think there’s ever been or ever will be an attack on Yudkowsky quite as devastating as just explaining Roko’s Basilisk. Or the malaria nets. Seriously, “oh yeah and there’s a weird overlap between his readers and these racist nutjobs” doesn’t hold a candle to Roko’s Basilisk in terms of getting people to think Yudkowsky is out of his fucking skull. "

What's this about malaria nets?
    There’s also a conceivable world where you work hard and fight malaria, where you work hard and keep the carbon emissions to not much worse than they are already (or use geoengineering to mitigate mistakes already made). And then it ends up making no difference because your civilization failed to solve the AI alignment problem, and all the children you saved with those malaria nets grew up only to be killed by nanomachines in their sleep. (Vivid detail warning! I don’t actually know what the final hours will be like and whether nanomachines will be involved. But if we’re happy to visualize what it’s like to put a mosquito net over a bed, and then we refuse to ever visualize in concrete detail what it’s like for our civilization to fail AI alignment, that can also lead us astray.)
  • Odradek said:

Toolsie said:

Oh boy, I do love fainting spells...

Do you think it's your diet?
    No, it's stress related

• I'm just waiting out an anxiety attack

Great
  • And now I fainted
  • kill living beings
    lol nanomachines
  • (*meows meowingly*)
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Great electoon?
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    If I could never be recommended Watch Mojo again, Youtube, that'd be great.
  • I keep wanting to call out for today, sigh
  • Great electoon?

hocus Polokus, focus, focus
  • Nicky Nouse
    I miss Vorpy sometimes
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    So David Gest's next tour, "David Gest is Not Dead, But Alive with Soul" has been cancelled on the grounds that David Gest is, in actual fact, dead.
  • That's like when Michael Jackson was set to do a series of concerts called This Is It, and then that really was it.

Because he died. 
  • meow meow meowtherfuckers
    Toolsie said:

That's like when Michael Jackson was set to do a series of concerts called This Is It, and then that really was it.

Because he died. 
    i laughed
  • edited 2016-04-12 19:34:37
    ಠ_ಠ
    *bows*

I like dark comedy, what can I say?
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Staple is a fun word.  It has the beginning of "stain", and all of "ape", and "pull".

The right honorable Earl Stapleford of Staplington.

Harry Potter and the chamber of staples.  

Empress staplephine, mount stapesuvius.
    (2015 self)
    Tre said:

Nicky Nouse

I prefer Licky Louse.
    (2015 self)
    And his friend, Bonald Buck.
  • Aliroz said:

Staple is a fun word.  It has the beginning of "stain", and all of "ape", and "pull".

The right honorable Earl Stapleford of Staplington.

Harry Potter and the chamber of staples.  

Empress staplephine, mount stapesuvius.
    My personal favourite word is pumpernickel

For no real reason

I just really like saying it
  • edited 2016-04-12 21:11:53
    Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Staple Stable.
    2601ebad76f4f3bc60e9686592c04f95.jpg
  • edited 2016-04-13 00:31:07
    My cat I had since I was a kid has a lung tumor. I don't know how long he's got.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    :(

I'm sorry, JZ.

:(

I'm sorry, JZ.

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    that's awful :(
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Wow, ugh. My condolences.
  • I had to go through that a few years back. My sympathies.
  • Thanks. It's a bad kid's book haha. He is a dumb little jerk, but he was there through some pretty bad years.
  • you can so long play like child say any thing but know this every body hesitate hesitate .........................for people of GOD WHO playing for..................................ALPHA and OMEGA HE HANDS cold ...................

• “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Odradek said:

I based one of the passages in the snake-people Bible-thing in my work on Roko's Basilisk, because ultimately it's such a strangely mediaeval or even ancient Greek idea.
    Oh, also:
    Odradek said:

This.

My cat I had since I was a kid has a lung tumor. I don't know how long he's got.

If you are willing to accept a hug of sympathy then I will proffer one, because you probably need it.

Otherwise, all I can say is that I know what that is like and you have my best wishes and condolences.