The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• edited 2016-04-11 11:59:21
    My dreams exceed my real life
    Disregard I am retarded 
  • like at this point any explanations are unnecessary this is clearly rooted in something deeply irrational

I don't feel like ever bothering having any conversation with you about this they go nowhere, I learn nothing, you learn nothing, everybody gets mad, and it's been going like this for so long

I'm so tired Myr aren't you

you're not going to get any of us to like this schtick, hell, a good portion of us agree with you a good portion of the time

please just stop
  • Odradek said:

I could complain about getting bitten by mosquitos in the summer, and people would tell me "stop living where mosquitos are, this doesn't happen to anyone else"

Oh my god.

Do you ever take five minutes to wonder why that is instead of just complaining that we don't validate you any time you spend an hour violently hating either someone else or yourself?

What do you want us to say? Because your posting it here implies you want us to say something and I honestly have no idea what. No one's going to say "yeah, fuck those people" because no one here has strong opinions on Suicide Squad.

I mean seriously if you just want to complain about people on twitter just make a personal thread, it's like half of what I use mine for.
  • Odradek said:

Disregard I am retarded 

OK here comes phase 2 where you try to make us feel bad by insulting yourself.
  • Myr I'm not mad, please don't self deprecate
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    ignore me I am stupid
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Myr

I don't want to hate Suicide Squad

I hope it's a decent movie

But you talk about these things as if they have some universality that we are denying
    Anonus said:

Myr

I don't want to hate Suicide Squad

I hope it's a decent movie

But you talk about these things as if they have some universality that we are denying

DISREGARD ME

I AM RETARDED

JUST STOP
    I AM SORRY ALREADY I WILL TRY TO STOP I AM IN THE PERPETUAL BUSINESS OF STOPPING EVERY ONE OF THE MANY MANY THINGS THAT MAKES PEOPLE HATE ME OKAY OKAY OKAY
    I don't hate you

I just wish you were less abrasive
    I tell people to tell me when I'm doing stuff like this but it is never enough
    We're telling you now

Why's it not enough?
  • Odradek said:

We do! And then you say we're "gaslighting" you and then you try to make us feel bad by calling yourself "retarded".
    Jane said:

Odradek said:

We do! And then you say we're "gaslighting" you and then you try to make us feel bad by calling yourself "retarded".
    I want people to tell me privately but whatever, I am sorry
  • Odradek said:

Jane said:

Odradek said:

I want people to tell me privately but whatever, I am sorry
    You have not said this before!

And it's not something most people would do cuz PMing people out of the blue is awkward.

I mean I'll keep it in mind, but like, you have to clarify these things.
    I have asked several people to PM me but I guess not enough.

Just tell me I'm annoying people, not that whatever I'm complaining about isn't happening.

I know it's happening.
  • OK but, like, what's happening is people not liking a movie.

You understand how Point B leads into Point A, yeah?
  • it is happening

there are certainly people deciding to hate this upcoming comic movie for silly and overblown reasons

that being said

it also, like, hardly matters

unless you're super invested in this movie succeeding

and for the record "preemptively decided to hate this thing" is one of those legendarily bad excuses for why a thing failed, and it's usually made by people, you know, involved with it, you know, after it's failed and since you're not actually involved with it and it hasn't come out yet (and will probably be a financial success) then you should probably chill, please
  • IMO you just need to make it explicit that it's your opinion and not put down anyone who thinks otherwise. I like the MCU and to be frank I'm upset whenever you start stereotyping people that do as mindless sheeple.
    Odradek said:

I have asked several people to PM me but I guess not enough.

Just tell me I'm annoying people, not that whatever I'm complaining about isn't happening.

I know it's happening.

Whatever I need to go to class now.

I will stop behavior #3483094329 that makes people angry at me.
    We are not denying this is happening

Maybe we've come off that way at times, but we've never meant to
  • there was a point when I could look forward to having a good time seeing Marvel movies with my friends because I enjoy big silly tentpole movies that all my friends can agree on

and like I'm still capable of it but you understand that there's this massively negative association now

like I don't want to exaggerate and say I'm literally incapable of liking things that I like because of you but, like, damn, you've sure made it a lot harder, and not because you've come up with any particularly salient arguments about them it's just that dread of knowing that each new Marvel movie is another few months of constant bitching
  • I agree. I have legitimate fun watching Marvel movies and do not appreciate being called stupid or inferior for doing so.
    Stop

• Youtube tried to give me an ad in the middle of this song.

Granted, it's a long song but like

surely your algorithms work better than this?

I'm peeved.
  • hutjhuklwejweihfqwkfigWHIOwgbjfJBdKNLDS
    You'll never find your gold on a sandy beach

You'll never drill for oil on a city street

I know you're looking for a ruby in a mountain of rocks

But Marx was not a POC
    Pontius Pilate was the first rule-bound dundridge
    Yo my name's dodongo and I'm here to say/I dislike smoke, hope that's okay
  • Jane said:

Youtube tried to give me an ad in the middle of this song.

Granted, it's a long song but like

surely your algorithms work better than this?

I'm peeved.
    I've been impressed before at YouTube's algorithms for knowing how to do things like put ads between the songs on a "full album" video but I guess they don't always work so well
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    I still like the time YouTube recommended my own video to me.
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Good morning, everyone.
  • Guten morgen!
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    I have a new phone. And by that I mean my dad got a new phone and gave me his old one.
  • You know, some rich people are ok.
  • Statistically some must be.

You're OK.

So's like um.

hmmmm.

oh

Tyler The Creator is probably pretty wealthy? I like his music.
  • I was thinking of Bill Gates. Sure his early career was shady, but dude's done a lot to help the world. I've seen it myself.
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Yeah, when you donate billions of dollars to wiping out Malaria, making it for the first time in human history feasible that the disease might end up like Smallpox and two of the three versions of Polio...

I'll forgive a man a lot for that.
  • Nod nod nod. He's helped my country personally too.
  • kill living beings
    still slightly annoyed about initiative 1240, but whatevs, really does pale next to malaria, even if the laser fence is dumb
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    kismesis
    oh god, the quadrants...
  • Gone deaf in one ear, as you do
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    :(

Do you know what caused that?
  • No idea. I was listening to music using my speakers and suddenly I got a ringing in one of my ears. It cleared up pretty quickly, but it was quite weird.