The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• Now, in an attempt to mitigate the burning rage to crucify me in the comments section, allow me to stress that I’m well aware that Linkin Park and its early-mid 2000s nu metal contemporaries were not the first to champion the wallet chain (though they arguably wore it best). In fact, the accessory first came to prominence with biker subcultures during the ’50s, created as a pragmatic tool for motorcyclists to keep their wallets intact while they tested the limits of their vehicle’s torque.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    What do angsty white boys listen to while angsting nowadays?
  • That is maybe the most oddly specific comment about anything I've ever read.

Also we ordered pizza from Pizza Hut today. I now know what it is like to eat lunch while Captain America makes bedroom eyes at you from the top of a pizza box.

Oh hey I sleep-deppily started a Shaman Arena run last night, I should finish that.
  • Odradek said:

the RWBY soundtrack.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    I'm not sure, honestly. Mostly the old standbys, I'm sure, but in terms of recent stuff... Hopsin? He's easily the angstiest, most self-unaware rap figure of note, so that's got some weenie appeal, but rock-wise, post-hardcore and screamo have become way more of a teen girl appeal thing.
  • fight. dream. horse. love.
    i think it's mostly really aggro EDM nowadays?
  • Nah guys my younger brother is 13, it's the RWBY soundtrack.

I'm not sure, honestly. Mostly the old standbys, I'm sure, but in terms of recent stuff... Hopsin? He's easily the angstiest, most self-unaware rap figure of note, so that's got some weenie appeal, but rock-wise, post-hardcore and screamo have become way more of a teen girl appeal thing.

Hopsin makes me mad because he could be a good rapper if he wanted to be.

But he's getting that "I only listen to REAL hip-hop" money so I guess he has no reason to change. Tho Funk-Volume did fold recently.
  • Popcorn time!
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    The correct music to angst to is Vocaloid music. Conveniently this is also the correct music for all other situations.
    You know, say what you will about Eminem and Macklemore, but they are at least vastly more competent at the act of rapping than Vanilla Ice ever was.

It feels like a joke, how bad Vanilla Ice was in retrospect.
  • edited 2016-04-13 17:48:09
    We can do anything if we do it together.
    This is what angsty white boys listen to nowadays, I think:

• idk "Ice Ice Baby" isn't actually a bad song, people hate it because it's like a meme to hate it.

It's not next-level or anything but for when it was released Vanilla's rapping was perfectly competent.
  • Odradek said:

Death Grips
  • Update: the popcorn was vile, and I have some stuck in my throat and up my nose.
  • Tools you appear to have made a common mistake. You do not, in fact, shove popcorn up your nostrils to ingest it.
  • When I eat a corn product, no matter how careful I am, there's always some that somehow makes its way up to my nose. 
    An unstoppable army of popcorn golems.
  • An unstoppable army of popcorn golems.

This is like one step away from coinpile golems and those were in at least one 3.5 sourcebook.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I'm going to do it

I'm going to watch an episode or two of Powerpuff Girls '16
    Fantasy golems are wonderfully versatile. Diamond golem, fudge golem, hat golem, golem golem.
  • I'm kind of shocked that I've actually never seen a golem composed of smaller golems in any D&D sourcebook.

I read a lot of them despite having never played a D&D dungeon to completion. Something I'd like to fix, but, yeh.
  • oh hey Fossilmeido

you're the person to ask

when playing the FF14 trial, what is my class if I want to blast things with lightning and or fire.
  • edited 2016-04-13 17:59:27

Odradek said:

Death Grips
    also:

Arca

Crystal Castles
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Buttercup's meatheadedness seems somewhat exaggerated here.
  • My little sister literally just turned 16

I bought her a Grimes t-shirt, she is very angsty
  • My little sister literally just turned 16

I bought her a Grimes t-shirt, she is very angsty
    NONE OF YOU
    Jane said:

oh hey Fossilmeido

you're the person to ask

when playing the FF14 trial, what is my class if I want to blast things with lightning and or fire.
    Thaumaturge.
    Jane said:

None of you have teenage siblings.

Does an 18 year old sister count?

Oh hey, they remembered that Blossom is the one with the ice breath

The 2014 special had Bubbles using it, for some reason
    the girls are all kinda dumb now
  • Jane said:

oh hey Fossilmeido

you're the person to ask

Thaumaturge.
    Thank you.

Jane said:

None of you have teenage siblings.

Does an 18 year old sister count?

nah you're only "a teenager" from 13-17.
  • TreTre
    edited 2016-04-13 18:17:16
    My brother just turned 13, but I haven't seen him since about a week and a half prior to his birthday.

He plays a lot of Minecraft and Call of Duty, and is sort of in that edgy sense of humor phase (i.e. he watches KSI religiously) that 13-year-olds tend to fall into, though that's been a Thing for a while now.
  • I asked Chris, my 13 year old brother, and he says that he listens to (direct quote) "anime music and nightcore". So there you have it folks.
  • He also used to like Tobuscus, though if he continues to watch him after I get back I will be issuing an ultimatum on that.

????????
  • tfw you forget that Dunemaul Shaman has a 50% chance to attack the wrong enemy and burn all three of your Rockbiter Weapons on a failed OTK ploy.
  • contact lens/lasik people are always reaching to make it seem like glasses turn you into an infomercial person or something
  • kill living beings
    makes sandwich in a hurry because the bus is coming

runs out to catch bus, leaving sandwich on counter
    Just another manic Wednesday
  • contact lens/lasik people are always reaching to make it seem like glasses turn you into an infomercial person or something

"I was judged as a child for having glasses and now I seek to pass that judgment on to everyone I know." is basically the driving philosophy behind these sorts of commercials as far as I can tell.
    Verdict: This feels very much like my idea of a generic 2010s show

It's interesting, because it totally feels like something I would watch, but it doesn't really feel like The Powerpuff Girls

I give it a tentative "meh"
  • edited 2016-04-13 19:44:52
    Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    I was just thinking of all of the modern radio country and rock, and 80s/90s radio rock, and I'm like, man. Why are all of the self-indulgent and self-aggrandizing songs so utterly bland. I'm actually all for music that's about how cool and damn great you are, because it's charming in an odd way at times, but a lot of my experience with it is insufferable tedium.

Maybe this can be simplified to "Well screw radio,"/"keep expanding your horizons when you do music birdy" which okay, but I'd also like to hear a self-indulgent hard rock song that doesn't sound like every other song.
  • kill living beings
    "I always understood it to be that Michigan J. Frog was meant to be the true author of those works." nice
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Odradek said:
    you really hate stiller fans don't you

Oh hey, they remembered that Blossom is the one with the ice breath

The 2014 special had Bubbles using it, for some reason
    I still haven't watched "Dance Pantsed" because it's so hideous and for some reason CN has it in their heads that the classic PPG aesthetic no longer resonates. Maybe it doesn't with today's animation talent, or maybe executives are just being weird again.

the girls are all kinda dumb now

they were dumb in that whale episode but that was supposed to be funny

Verdict: This feels very much like my idea of a generic 2010s show

It's interesting, because it totally feels like something I would watch, but it doesn't really feel like The Powerpuff Girls

I give it a tentative "meh"
    yeah but is it ugly

because it's UGLY
  • Tomorrow I potentially have a free day, if I do end up skipping my biology lecture on death by burning and drowning...

But I need to finish my lab reports off which are being a MASSIVE BALLACHE RIGHT NOW
    @Anonus

"Dance Pantsed" was ok once you get past the art style, because in terms of writing it actually felt like the original PPG. PPG '16...really doesn't quite land it.

The new series doesn't strike me as all that ugly, but aside from the girls themselves, it's very much the generic "CalArts style" you see people complain about.

I'm trying to be optimistic, I guess.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    The original PPG was in a different "CalArts style" too you know

This one isn't even in ONE "CalArts style", it's like four other shows thrown into a blender with PPG