The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Also do kids like Star more than they like SU?
  • I honestly didn't know those were different channels.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Things kids like:

Basketball
    Star Wars
    Oswald the Lucky Rabbit
    Homestar Runner
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    This is true of my little brothers, therefore it is true of all children nowadays.
  • Oh hey I forgot this song has the word "faggot" in it.

Several times.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    It says something that even years ago, classic rock stations were cutting that verse.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Odradek said:

I like that song because it's literally just the result of listening to the ramblings of a working class dude installing TV monitors in a store.

I meant "Brothers in Arms". Should have clarified. Still, interesting.
    Odradek said:

Things kids like:

Basketball
    Star Wars
    Oswald the Lucky Rabbit
    Homestar Runner
    (Woody Woodpecker and Felix the Cat look on in tearful envy)
  • I mean he's quoting someone else so I don't really hold it against him but yikes.

Anyway I should actually listen to this album sometime. I've liked this and "Walk Of Life" since I was like 9.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Jane said:

Oh hey I forgot this song has the word "faggot" in it.

Several times.
    do yourself a favor and don't look at the comments

full of edgelords going "i love this because fuck political correctness!!"
  • Jane: Entry level jobs have all kinds of weird vibes. Where I work now, many people have basically made low level retail their career. That's fine, there are good people who do it. But they will ostracize and look down upon those who might fit the educated/goal oriented/whatever, partly because they'll leave the job to other horizons.

Now, the entry level job filled with pretentious educated people is also bad because they're only working the job until they're awesome break they'll get because they're better than you because they were class president/had all A's/cry the tears of Jesus. It's weird but...no matter what dumb job you have, you need respect for it. Those people have no respect for the work, or the people who've made a living off it to support a family.
  • Jane said:

Oh hey I forgot this song has the word "faggot" in it.

Several times.
    do yourself a favor and don't look at the comments

full of edgelords going "i love this because fuck political correctness!!"
    But you just told me what was in them, Alice!
  • Oops...yeah I forget about that line. I've listened to the song so many times, it passes by. The censored versions tend to cut the song down from the guitar rift.
  • Jane: Entry level jobs have all kinds of weird vibes. Where I work now, many people have basically made low level retail their career. That's fine, there are good people who do it. But they will ostracize and look down upon those who might fit the educated/goal oriented/whatever, partly because they'll leave the job to other horizons.

Now, the entry level job filled with pretentious educated people is also bad because they're only working the job until they're awesome break they'll get because they're better than you because they were class president/had all A's/cry the tears of Jesus. It's weird but...no matter what dumb job you have, you need respect for it. Those people have no respect for the work, or the people who've made a living off it to support a family.

Honestly I've sort of gathered this by now. Three jobs in four years will do that.

Really I'd be content with just keeping a job for a while that doesn't utterly suck, but I think that's probably too much to ask for in this day and age.
  • Oops...yeah I forget about that line. I've listened to the song so many times, it passes by. The censored versions tend to cut the song down from the guitar rift.

I listen to a ton of hip-hop so in a musical context it doesn't usually phase me unless it's really, really overbearing and even then it usually has to be recent too (see eg. Rockness Monstah's verses on D.I.R.T. by Heltah Skeltah).
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I can't believe you're dressed like a '90s grunge rocker right now

θ = arcsin(1/2)

where's the exit to the street level parking
  • I want it to be Thursday so I can buy Enter The Gungeon.
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    So, I have 25 dollars on my steam account, and steam won't let me buy anything without getting an application or adding a phone number to my account.
  • I've always liked how "I want, I want my, I want my MTV" is to the same tune as "Don't stand, don't stand so, don't stand so close to me."

Given that both are Sting it's probably not a coincidence. :P
    The music video for that song is like an animated dril tweet

• You should be able to skip that but the "do this later" button is usually pretty small.

Screencap the message you get and I'll point it out to you?
    Which fantasy should I go with for tonight: in my bed at the palace, being cared for by my personal nurse, or in the infirmary at the boarding school, being cared for by also my personal nurse?
  • Combine them: princess boarding school being cared for by your personal nurse.
  • edited 2016-04-12 02:26:43
    kill living beings
    Aliroz said:

Eh, it's about how much computer programmers should be paid. Or at least computer programmers that are me, I'm not very good.

I'm just hoping I can convince my parents to let me not get a comsci minor. I mean, what a brand, what a dark stain on my permanent record.

I mean, can you imagine someone with a comsci minor being allowed to be librarian of congress?

the most dedicated librarian i know is a computer guy, and i think he lobbied a bit for that position (not expecting much, admittedly)

it is the future, you know
  • kill living beings
    plus one of the hugest problems in archivery moving forward is going to be finding a way to store something that works when stupid technology moves on. you've probably heard the story about the Viking program tapes
  • edited 2016-04-12 02:37:48
    kill living beings
    the viking program was NASA mars probes in the late 1970s. since it was the late 1970s, data was stored on magnetic tape. around 1990 they decided to reanalyze the data to look at things they hadn't bothered with at the time. they realized that they'd mostly scrapped the computers and source code used for analysis, so they had to call up some dudes who had long since retired to ask them how the fuck to read the tapes.

the best part of this article is def NASA going dumpster diving to find a 1960s tape machine tho
  • edited 2016-04-12 03:03:05
    kill living beings
    it's all been downhill since random access memory meant weaving magnetic torii together
  • For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.
    Jane said:

mind-virus
    So what is water? A difficult question, because water is impossible to describe. You might ask the same thing of birds: What are birds? We just don't know.
  • apparently this is my 400th post

pretty soon I'm gonna have more posts here than tweets even though I joined this place two months ago and made my twitter account almost a year ago
  • I have approximately 24,200 tweets.

That's about 1,645,600 words.. Or about three Atlas Shruggeds.

I have a lot on my mind.
  • Of course it's only about a tenth of the length of Devta. The longest novel (when presented on the whole) in any language.
  • TreTre
    edited 2016-04-12 04:41:26
    I will say, given the choice between reading all of your tweets in chronological order or Atlas Shrugged, singular, I would choose your tweets in a heartbeat.

Not much of a compliment, but. Given the comparison...
  • Devta is the fictional autobiography of Farhad Ali Taimoor, a man with amazing telepathic powers. He fights with the group of Super Master and other criminal mind peoples and groups in different stages and damages them quite badly. It is a story of combat, love, romance, suspense and action.
    If you had to choose between reading this and my twitter account, pick this.
  • also fuck da edit marker
  • not gonna lie, that sounds like a riveting story
    holy shit, 33 years? that takes dedication
  • kill living beings
    thing said:

Land of the Frozen Summer

(That's the translation of the Japanese title; the official English title is actually "Exuberance of Hypocoristic Glacier")

okay
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    why is the samsung version of the 🌌 emoji a nebula

why do none of the milky way emoji actually depict a spiral galaxy except microsoft's
  • kill living beings

Descendeus

The Descent of God

boo

why is the samsung version of the 🌌 emoji a nebula

why do none of the milky way emoji actually depict a spiral galaxy except microsoft's

I'm amused by the irony of SAMSUNG getting the GALAXY wrong.
  • Some would say that it's not the first time!
  • OH SHIT SLAM ON THE SAMSUNG GALAXY OUTTA FUCKIN' NOWHERE
    what's wrong with Samsung Galaxy products?
  • I dunno, I just felt the need to put them in their place.

Fuckin'.... South Korean? Company?

Being all....Samsung-esque.....?
  • TreTre
    edited 2016-04-12 06:19:29
    YES JANE, DRAG THEM, BLEASE
  • for reference, I resent Samsung Mobile a bit because their phones, while generally decent, have continued TouchWiz's horrendous reign of terror for far too long and took too long to get to a superior level of quality befitting their popularity

I liked my Captivate (the original Galaxy S) but I was let down by how locked down my S4 was (you literally couldn't get rid of TouchWiz, you could only install another version of Android that booted through it) and combined with the facts that it felt cheap compared to my last phone and that it got nabbed, it soured me on the concept of getting a Samsung phone for a good while
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.

it's all been downhill since random access memory meant weaving magnetic torii together

i know you mean tori but i'm now thinking about the image of computer memory made of these