The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Hey, Sredni!  I refuse to apologize to anybody for my accent.

I may not be able to do a lot to spite those bastards at exmormon, but I can pronounce "creek" to rhyme with stick.
  • just wait until we live in the cat dystopia where all language is just saying "meow" with various degrees of neediness
  • kill living beings
    that sounds more like tonal
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Aliroz said:

Hey, Sredni!  I refuse to apologize to anybody for my accent.

I may not be able to do a lot to spite those bastards at exmormon, but I can pronounce "creek" to rhyme with stick.

People do that out here, too.

just wait until we live in the cat dystopia where all language is just saying "meow" with various degrees of neediness

In a cute, slightly goofy sing-song Minnesota accent, I should hope. :3
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.

I want facial piercings.

Tattoos do not interest me, however.

Imi: what is their prank?

less of a prank than a "stuff on the front page that sounds deliberately weird and misleading"

they do it every year
    also I agree tattoos are not interesting
  • edited 2016-04-01 02:43:16
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    Things that cheese me off:

Those people who grow marijuana in national parks with camouflage so you can't find them with planes or Google Earth (This is the ONE THING that Google Earth is supposed to be good for, and it fails).

Google Earth is such a ruining thing.  I mean, you can't hide anything larger than a minivan, so there can be no hidden cities or civilizations or other continents out in the pacific, really, it means that there's nothing in the world to be discovered and anyone can know the layout of anywhere so invading places is super easy.
  • Aliroz said:

Those people who grow marijuana in national parks with camouflage so you can't find them with planes or Google Earth (This is the ONE THING that Google Earth is supposed to be good for, and it fails).

That's a thing? I learned something new today
    bongzilla
  • edited 2016-04-01 03:14:27
    (2015 self)
    that reminds me, it's time for

stoner rock
  • meow meow meowtherfuckers
    “They’re killing our animals, trashing our forest and destroying our water supply,” Fleming said of the illegal growers. “It’s not so much a political issue as it is just trying to preserve public lands.”

i hate how inconsiderate some people can be, honestly :(
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    "Old tires are used to surround young marijuana plants. After harvesting
    the plants the tires are left to deteriorate and contaminate groundwater
    supplies."
    that's rather inconsiderate
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    it's so weird how tires seem to be basically indestructible

they're like styrofoam except far less shitty
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Christ.

I'm not usually against marijuana growers but in this case I say throw the book at those motherfuckers.
  • edited 2016-04-01 03:06:56
    (2015 self)
    https://www.justice.gov/usao-co/pr/confronting-wave-illicit-marijuana-cultivation-federal-state-and-local-authorities

"Law Enforcement Officers from the U.S. Forest Service, Department of
    Homeland Security Investigations (HSI), Jefferson County Sheriff’s
    Office and the Colorado National Guard Joint Counter Drug Task Force
    joined together to complete an eradication of an illegal marijuana grow
    site in the Pike National Forest. The eradication team collected more than 3,900 plants and over 3,000 pounds of irrigation pipe, pesticides, flammable liquids, camping gear and trash."

^ Which group?  Which state, which year, which national park/forest?

Also, note that the incidents in the link n this post is from Colorado december 2015, where marijuana had been legal for three years.
  • edited 2016-04-01 03:13:29
    (2015 self)
    Sorry, sorry, one more picture and link

https://www.nationalforests.org/blog/pay-no-attention-to-the-crime-behind-the-emerald-curtain

Spoiler:

Spoilered for being upsetting.
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...

Christ.

I'm not usually against marijuana growers but in this case I say throw the book at those motherfuckers.

• edited 2016-04-01 03:16:12
    (2015 self)
    Triplepost and resurgam.

I'm sorry that I get so emotional about this.  It's just... this sort of thing hurts me.
  • My dreams exceed my real life

You have every right to be hurt by this sort of thing, Ali

• It has always seemed to me that we prioritize marijuana enforcement in reverse order. Those kinds of people never seem to get busted, but a casual user gets prison.

I dunno. I don't smoke, so I don't really care.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Epitome said:

“They’re killing our animals, trashing our forest and destroying our water supply,” Fleming said of the illegal growers. “It’s not so much a political issue as it is just trying to preserve public lands.”

i hate how inconsiderate some people can be, honestly :(
    They kill fishers, too. They use illegal rat poisons to get rid of mice and the fishers eat the mice and die. Fishers are endangered in California.

I am all for the legalisation of marijuana nationally but we really have to regulate the big black market growers out of the business. They exist because of our broken, bass-ackwards drug laws and we need to fix things so individual people can just smoke in peace without having to resort to these sorts of illegal means to obtain their supply and large-scale domestic growers can't operate outside of the law and environmental regulations.
    So I think that has been less of an issue here, but I'm sorry if I've bothered anyone over the past... week? When sick my default becomes Crabby, Leave Me Alone (unless you're fine), or both.

So I also unsurprisingly can come off sharper than intended. Like being unfair more quickly, and such. And that's the oh-so-shocking explanation.
    that startling moment when i log onto facebook and see princess alice under my recommended friends. i may or may not have had a mini heart attack. STAY OUT OF MY REAL WORLD LIFE, ONLINE LIFE, GOSH!!!

@Crystal: i don't think you've come off as any crabbier than usual? and by that i mean you seem fine to me, not that you're usually crabby.
    Epitome said:

@Crystal: i don't think you've come off as any crabbier than usual? and by that i mean you seem fine to me, not that you're usually crabby.
    Thanks, that's good to know.

I giggled.
    Epitome said:

that startling moment when i log onto facebook and see princess alice under my recommended friends. i may or may not have had a mini heart attack. STAY OUT OF MY REAL WORLD LIFE, ONLINE LIFE, GOSH!!!

aww, why? princess alice is great
    Anonus said:

Epitome said:

aww, why? princess alice is great
    she is! it just feels weird to have so much personal information available in one click for someone i only know online + don't interact that much with. IT FEELS LIKE I'M INTRUDING ON SOMETHING. 
    oh...

i'm sure @CentralAvenue is comfortable with you knowing that stuff...
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS

I feel stale personality wise.

But safeway soup is delicious.

seconding the soup thing
    And yah, the Summer Glau thing was...I didn't even know why people cared so much. I know she was in Firefly and a few other things, but I never watched Firefly.
    wasn't TV Tropes once full of people who thought every member of Fox's executive ranks should be executed for canceling Firefly
    there was at least one or two "trope" pages that were essentially complaining about Fox cancelling it, and one of them was "Fox Cancels Everything especially if it's by Joss Whedon" for a while.
  • edited 2016-04-01 12:00:41
    ಠ_ಠ
    So I tried this dry shampoo that added extra volume and, well...

Needlessly to say I needed to wash my hair so I could get my hairbrush out of a massive knot. 
  • In too much of a bad mood to do any work.

May go to the shop to get some chocolate and binge eat it all.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Alistair needs a little sister.

What's an equally British-sounding girls' name?
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Margaret
    Odradek said:

Margaret

One of my favorite names.
  • I had a friend called Margaret. She went by Peggy instead.
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Tootpips Geegolly.
    I hate eggs
    I'm sure these mozzarella sticks have eggs in the breading

I don't know why I wanted these
    Nobody seems to think HH's April Fools joke is funny :<
  • Welp, Smashboards is now Emblemboards.

Nobody seems to think HH's April Fools joke is funny :<

?
    Do we have to spell it out for you?