The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• kill living beings
    an electrified marinara sauce attacked the stock exchange

four trillion eight hundred million two hundred thousand sixty two million million rabbits copulate through all walls

existenz was pretty good

death to the death to the death to the death to the
  • kill living beings
    no
  • So the reason I was pissed off about Bernie Sanders circlejerking a few weeks ago was because I was talking about some fantasy stuff I was writing and two people took the wind out of me to talk about how fucking awesome Bernie Sanders was.

I mean, I get that mentioning politics will get people riled up to some extent. But to have your entire conversation co-opted so that other people can suck each other's dicks about Sanders? It's personally insulting to have that done to something you were enthusiastic about.
  • I like Sanders fine but that sounds annoying.

Because I also like fantasy stuff.

Actually given the choice I'd rather have Kel'Thuzad as president than any of the candidates currently running.
  • Kel'Thuzad can raise the dead.

Can Trump raise the dead?

Can Sanders?

Didn't think so.
  • kill living beings
    raising the dead may have negative implications for elections
  • also hey wait a second you live in the Philippines. People care about Sanders over there?

That surprises me a bit.
  • This was an Internet forum.
  • Which was why I was mad. IDGAF about politics happening on the opposite spectrum of the world and would prefer if discussions of such did not undermine my enthusiasm for something I made.
  • edited 2016-04-02 06:47:41
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Ugh, that sounds terrible, klino,

Here's hoping you can talk about the things you like (unsubtle shift in conversation topic)

@toolsie:  So, he is Dick Shawn's Ice Miser?
  • Nah, he's more like Jon Snow

Which is funny because his name is actually Jon.

I named the Gen Two children after heroes/heroines of gothic novels.

The oldest: Catherine after Catherine Earnshaw (Wuthering Heights)

The middle: Jonathan after Jonathan Harker (Dracula)

The youngest: Jane after Jane Eyre (Jane Eye)
  • Except their all siblings with the surname Bindiver
  • kill living beings
    Aliroz said:

Ugh, that sounds terrible, klino,

Here's hoping you can talk about the things you like (unsubtle shift in conversation topic)
    ok legit not sure what you're on so good one

but speaking of conversation topics this short story thing is just really obvious

like it's a mystery but nah it's obviously gonna be something like this

and that's not bad right but

it's so weird it's like seeing the damn future and reading it is more like rereading it
  • I always forget that I own Battle for Wesnoth.

It's a good game I just wish I had more people to play it with
  • kill living beings
    i mean what's so bad about being a clone obviously

like not even an actual clone since OBVIOUSLY that's fine, it's just you're the twin of someone older than you

but like damn there's three people running around with the same stupid hairstyle is it that huge a deal? i mean sure there's only like one non-clone societal role to split between them but you can work that out it's not impossible
  • i mean what's so bad about being a clone obviously

like not even an actual clone since OBVIOUSLY that's fine, it's just you're the twin of someone older than you

you just don't know what it's like, fuck you mom and dad, i didn't ask to be grown n a vat
  • i mean what's so bad about being a clone obviously

you just don't know what it's like, fuck you mom and dad, i didn't ask to be grown n a vat
    dude we're like at most one or two generations away from this being a real thing that gets said to people and that freaks me out a lil.
  • kill living beings
    i bet i could explain how natural reproduction (as in the growth part, not sex joke) works to the extent that you'd find it at least as spooky as IVF or whatever
  • kill living beings
    sonic the hedgehog is literally involved
  • everything is spooky if you talk about it in the right way

lovecraft made a career out of "black people and also the universe is big"
  • kill living beings
    well that's kind of the point yeah, clones are talked about like a scary sci fi thing and devbio is kind of not talked about at all i guess but still
  • i always thought Brave New World sounded very fake and disappointing
  • kill living beings
    huhreally, i wasn't like overcome by realness but it seemed like something that would definitely seem plausible if i had grown up in the 1940s or something
  • kill living beings
    maybe in hell i'm just trapped in dumb tragic short stories again and again for all eternity

find out i'm actually just hallucinating my lover and she died like twenty years ago like eighty thousand times

like if you cry every time that's where i'm going to be
  • I'm not afraid of clones.

It's just that like

we're in the future now, man.

Everything in that category freaks me out a lil.

Some stuff more than others, like, you know, drones. Those freak me out a lot.
  • i guess if i was from the 40s

but

hmm

there's something about those two books, brave new world and 1984, that rub me the wrong way and i've never quite articulated them

ideologically speaking that is

in terms of like the actual writing i thought brave new world was ok and 1984 was bad but you all already know my thoughts there
  • im mad that we're in the future but it's not future enough for me to get cat augmentations

would settle for cute fangs honestly
  • kill living beings
    drones are kind of hilarious to me on that front because they're so not anything new

like, and i know this confuses people sometimes, they're not robotic, they're just remotes

so it's pretty much the same as operation menu or something except with zero risk to pilots instead of practically zero risk to pilots

not that it isn't bad, but it's not really bad for technological reasons, though they might be getting there with that fucking hilarious skynet shit
  • kill living beings
    but even then i suppose the hilarious skynet shit is just a more technical version of "let's bomb that target filled with civilians because it's a bad target" that's as old as strategic bombing

im mad that we're in the future but it's not future enough for me to get cat augmentations

would settle for cute fangs honestly
    you're like tenth down the list of people i know on the internet who i will sell cat ears to later
  • "it's pretty much the same as operation menu" is like

assuredly in the Top 1000 Things You Don't Want To Hear

but

hmm

there's something about those two books, brave new world and 1984, that rub me the wrong way and i've never quite articulated them

in terms of like the actual writing i thought brave new world was ok and 1984 was bad but you all already know my thoughts there
    I mean, BNW struck me as almost comically puritanical

• that wasn't it but
  • the thing with cat ears is that they have the whole complex musculature thing, which kinda rules them out I think, as nice as they would be
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Brave New World struck me as resembling our present to the point that I went "and this is a bad thing how?" at it
  • kill living beings

the thing with cat ears is that they have the whole complex musculature thing, which kinda rules them out I think, as nice as they would be

i have heard varying opinions on how necessary wiggling is (and also how necessary functional hearing is, the consensus seems to be who cares, whereas wiggling is more up in the air)
  • kill living beings
    i definitely call babes hydraulic all the time
  • functional hearing is definitely a who cares, I think the wiggling is very important though as the expressiveness is a big part of the appeal (to me at least)

so, I would be happy to settle for something like a less bulky version of those goofy nekomimi ear things you can buy for like 70 bucks on Amazon
  • So my computer locked up. Then clicking on anything brought up the "this program is requesting permission to make changes to your computer" dialogue for whatever program it was, and I couldn't use the keyboard, even after logging out of my profile.

A reboot seems to have fixed the problem, but, what the actual fuck? Software failure? Some kind of malware? I'm so confused.

Also there's a little thing in the corner saying "Intel RT Service Is Not Running" which I don't know what that is.

but

hmm

as far as orwell goes i always thought 1984 and animal farm are both definitely overrated and actually the best orwell is Down and Out in Paris and London
  • if you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face and the human is like super into it wow go get a room you two
  • a scene from my upcoming novel 1984 But Sexy and Very Gay
  • if I wrote that I would hit the top of the eBook charts
  • people would write thinkpieces
  • meow meow meowtherfuckers
    wake up sheeple, we're already living in 1984 
  • no apparently it's a real thing

I'm struggling to think of what it could possibly have wanted to update though.
  • I guess that is my ultimate complaint with both books: they could have been hot and fun, but instead they were didactic and square
  • Jane said:

no apparently it's a real thing

I'm struggling to think of what it could possibly have wanted to update though.
    (*shrug*)
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    @lee4hmz do you know what Jane's issue is?