The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• The sadness will last forever.
    Yay wonderposting
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    The WONDER of POSTING
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    AU: I know. It's just that I thought I didn't have the right mindset for it. Apparently this is not the case.
  • Aesop Rock is the best interviewer ever.

E-v-e-r

• Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    I still have a strong desire to make an M&M character. Maybe something like a cross between Mystic from the Player's Handbook and something with reptile powers. (Wow what a surprise, coming from me [/sarcasm])

I wonder if there's any powers in the Player's Handbook that might fit that description.
    I feel terrible for not taking care of my pet goldfish I got from the county fair which died a long time ago. Sigh. :(
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    The first time my siblings and I played Guitar Hero we named our band "Triforce of Awesome"

You needed to know this
    Sounds good.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    bread
  • I am pretty sure I'm about an inch away from a heart attack and there is absolutely nothing I can do about it.

...why is that?
  • Well. After a day of basically binging on salty snacks, I feel as though I have just been stabbed in the chest.

It was at its worst a couple minutes ago and is starting to fade a little bit, but I get paranoid every time I get chestpains like this.

I just sort of generally wish my body would stop rebelling against me.

Ouch. Sounds pretty bad. Hope you feel better.

Incidentally, I started getting paranoid the same way about jaw pain when I learned that can be a sign of oncoming heart attacks. Thankfully, nothing's happened yet.
  • I finally figured out how to program a good, modern sounding D'n'B beat. ^w^
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I hope you're okay, Lazuli.

I get paranoid about heart attacks sometimes when my chest hurts
  • I've had that happen once or twice.
  • Seems to be gone now.

Dammit Cry-Cry, post a new vid. I want something to watch. >:/

• edited 2012-05-03 00:52:58
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Amazon.com and The Insufferable Jackass in: Train Trouble!
    Part 5

[Part 1] [Part 2] [Part 3] [Part 4]

It was still a rainy Tuesday afternoon as Amazon.com, The Insufferable Jackass, and their new companion The Conductor stood soaking wet in the gift shop of a Cedar Fair amusement park, watching an eerily familiar figure step in from outside.

As the eerily familiar figure folded her umbrella (which is weird, because usually you do that before you go inside, not after; i mean, how did she even fit it through the door?) her face became visible and everyone in the store immediately recognized her.

"You're...Carmen Sandiego!" a young boy cried out from the back of the store.

"Nonsense," said Carmen. "I am not Carmen Sandiego. My name is Notta Criminal, and I'm here simply to visit this amusement park and probably not steal it at all!"

"If you say so," said the security guard standing nearby.

The Insufferable Jackass turned to his companions and whispered quietly. "Guys...that's Carmen Sandeigo! We've got to stop her!"

"Jackie, get a hold of yourself," Amazon.com replied. "She just got here, we don't even know anything about the situation yet."

"I can't take the risk," said The Insufferable Jackass. He turned and pointed at Carmen. "MA'AM! I'M MAKING A CITIZEN'S ARREST!"

"Oh, are you?" said Carmen. "And what crime have I committed, now?"

The Insufferable Jackass blushed. "Well, uh, there's...you know..."

"Crimes against FASHION!" a voice boomed from the back of the store.

Everybody turned around. A white unicorn with a purple mane and tail was screaming at Carmen.

"Just LOOK at that hideous red trenchcoat! It looks like you haven't updated your wardrobe since 1995!"

"Yeah? And what's a stupid little equine like you gonna do about it?"

The unicorn's eyes narrowed. "Security! Detain her!"

The park security guard jumped up and approached Carmen, but Carmen was already making a break for it. The guard gave chase, and soon they were out the door into the rain, the unicorn close behind.

Everyone in the shop remained silent for a moment after the unicorn's purple tail disappeared into the storm. Finally Amazon.com spoke up.

"This has been a weird day."

TO BE CONTINUED
  • edited 2012-04-06 22:28:36
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    ^^That's good.

^why did Rarity's appearance make me smile?
  • CA, you should publish this as a novella.
  • I love this song. ;v;

• edited 2012-04-06 22:58:38
    Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Why do I want to take story elements from games that I know about and re-do them and put them all into a weird squish-together? I notice that this is often a part of my daydream story ideas.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Gettin' off the computer now.

Good night Austin, Texas, wherever you are!
  • I'm a loser. Also, Creeper. And a woman.
    Alright, any of you who have more than 40 images in your galleries at TVTropes need to cut 'em down to that.

Otherwise, you gotta pay for more. Regardless of whether you want to upload more or keep 'em.

Good night Imi.
  • So, do I have to abide by this even though my account's been long deactivated for all practical purposes, or will they just delete the avatars on my account past the first 40?

Cuz I'm not fuckin' paying. I'm sorry.

• edited 2012-04-06 23:22:32

Well, I presume they'll just axe above 40 or make you pick.

It's not like they can automatically take money from your bank account.
    Hahaha, $5 for each page of 40, that'll happen.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Sic transit gloria mundi, I guess. I still don't get why the forums can't just go away if they're such a burden. :P
    In other news, I find it interesting that certain things are "hard to code" when they seem pretty straightforward to me. Either the forum's schema is really, really awful or Eddie isn't all that great at SQL.
  • edited 2012-04-06 23:22:47
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Anyone banned has their avatar galleries removed.

And yes, you're forced to pay, or everything beyond the first page'll be cut.(well, they can't force you to pay directly, obviously)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Huh. Not the kind of solution I was expecting. I only ever used one avatar, though, so I'm not really affected by this.

Anyhow, I'd better be getting to sleep. Good night.
  • It's not like they can automatically take money from your bank account.

No, but if I get a notice or something on my old account I'm just going to laugh.

• THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Okay, time to go install PmWiki and see just how awful it is. Somehow I suspect it isn't that bad.
    If you use one avatar or only 40(or less), you ain't effected.

The original solution was making us pay beyond the first five avatars.

The other solutions was cutting avatars entirely or cutting the forums so they can keep up the money needed.

This is really the most favored solution.

Also, you can delete avatars and upload more if it's under 40(or any pages payed for) for free.
  • Damn Naughty Tentacles, ruining Google's perception of TVT and things.

I guess I've got some major cutting to do up in my gallery.
  • edited 2012-04-06 23:32:49
    Let me tell you. About Fallen London.
    Paying for avatars, now where have I heard that idea before...
    And yes, you're forced to pay, or everything beyond the first page'll be cut.(well, they can't force you to pay directly, obviously)
    Ah good. I was momentarily imagining Fast Eddie trying to run some kind of internet collections agency, and I can't be arsed to go back on TVT just to clear out my old gallery myself.

^ ...what kind of poetry are you reading? :p
  • edited 2012-04-06 23:32:50
    ^^^ You might want to wait until there's a formal announcement, 'cause as it is Eddie doesn't seem too convinced of this plan.
  • If you use one avatar or only 40(or less), you ain't effected.

I kept every avatar from all three of my accounts, so I imagine I had far more than 40. 

• edited 2012-04-06 23:35:50
    So, for the record, I'm not the only one who finds the idea that anyone would actually pay $5 for the privilege of uploading 800KB of tiny images laughable right?

A better plan would be to say that anyone who donates a certain amount of money to keep the site going gets unlimited avatar storage. At least that actually makes sense, and people who love their large avatar galleries might be inclined to chip in.
  • edited 2012-04-06 23:40:45
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ^^I don't think anyone's ever said that. :|

So, for the record, I'm not the only one who finds the idea that anyone would actually pay $5 for the privilege of uploading 800KB of tiny images laughable right?

Not in the slightest. I think it's absurd they'd even try that.

Switching the forums to a pay model might "work" in the sense that they'd get some money from it. But no one would want that, and that'd be shot down as a goon proposal anyway (which I guess it sort of is if you stretch the logic enough, but whatever).

I'm trimming mine just in case he goes through with it.

I have a bunch of the ones I like saved.