The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
    Hey
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    Heya!
  • The sadness will last forever.
    Hi!
    I'm off drinking for life now

http://news.yahoo.com/calif-artist-thomas-kinkade-dies-age-54-040935368.html

I don't care what people say about his paintings, I love them.

You were a great man, Thomas.

RIP Thomas Kinkade

^ ^ Are you serious?
  • *sigh*
    What happened, Tools? Is there something wrong?

Dang, yo. He painted some pretty damn tranquil (if color heavy) stuff. 

54, too. plenty of more painting years in him if he made it another twenty.

The article would be better off of showing a picture of some of his work. If I where an artist and kicked the bucket, I'd rather newspapers show some of the stuff that made me recognized instead of my mug.
  • ^ So pretty! :O

^^ It's been a week since my second auntie's death, yet it feels like an eternity.
  • I'm a loser. Also, Creeper. And a woman.
    -hugs Tools-

Sorry to hear that, man. :<

I'm feel bad for you. :(

-gives a big hug to Tools-

• edited 2012-04-07 05:12:28
    READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

If I where Thomas Kinkade, which I'm not, but if I WAS, I'd have painted a picture of a pond, with some ducks in it, and an old couple who (obviously love each other) feeding the ducks, and it would be nice and colorful, and it would called "THOMAS KINKADE WANTS YOU TO PUT THIS PICTURE NEXT TO ARTICLES ABOUT WHEN HE'S DEAD AND NOT HIS MUG, YOU DUMB FUCKS".

But that's just hypothetical me as Thomas Kinkade.

^^^ This stuff get easier. I remember when my step-sister died when she swerved to avoid a deer. It was a week before I was even ready to continue with normal, daily functions. But after some time, and talking it over with my family, I eventually "moved on"...In the conventional "you remember, but don't let it take over you life" sense, not the the *name omitted* sense of "obsess over it and complain about the phrase" , way...
    ^ ^ Are you serious?

No ofc not :p

I am far too working class to stop drinking

That's the spirit! /Haven 

I'd love to smoke a cigarette when I get my own place because my parents won't complain about it. They used to be smokers too BTW.

@Morby

Just a FYI, kissing a smoker isn't nice
    Seriously?
    Yes

Its like sucking on an ashtray
  • edited 2012-04-07 05:49:54
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    The bizarre thing about the avatar gallery thing, to me, isn't that they're putting a limit on the stored avatars. I've figured that was coming for a while, since there's a fine line between "quirky avatar collector" and "abusing the privilege."

What's weird to me is that anyone actually thinks people will be willing to pay $5 to store what, at most, amounts to 800 KB of data. Any sensible person would just save their favorite avatars on their hard drive and upload only the ones they want to use at any given time.

• I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    i miss idler
    me too
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Me too.

*looks up his last TVT post*

Oh, it looks like he still posts there, but only in the Magic thread(s). I'm tempted to PM him but I don't have anything worthwhile to say.
  • I'm a loser. Also, Creeper. And a woman.
    I miss Idler too.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Hahaha, I accidentally left Security logged in on the other browser and then I saw him on the "recently active users" on the admin panel and I was like "what the fuck, how is he patrolling without me?"
    Re: Junie B. Jones is a Graduation Girl

Who the hell gives a bunch of kindergarteners white caps and gowns and tells them not to get them dirty? You could at least make them some color that wouldn't show stains as readily...
    Also this seems to be one of very few books in which there arew pretty much no consequences for Junie B.'s behavior. I mean, she never actually gets the discipline she deserves--and the series wouldn't be nearly as funny or entertaining if she did--but usually there's at least something.
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Good morning.

Thomas Kinkade: I like the blue chimney smoke in that painting. It makes it sort of seem like a fantasy world. It's a shame he's passed on.
  • So.

I can't delete my avatars on my old account because my permissions to use the avatar gallery were apparently revoked when I was banned.

Yep....

• If you're not actively engaged in revision, is there any point in forcing yourself to do it?
    no
  • Because nothing is going into my brain. Nothing.

Doesn't help that my room is a tip and I have other things on my mind...
  • Well I was going to save the mods some trouble, but apparently I'm discouraged from doing such.

Soooo whatever.

Also I see OTC is still one of the least pleasant places on the internet. Good to know.

• OTC = Great place to get banned.
    I haven't been banned because of what I've said in the OTC
  • Well it's obviously amateur, but it's not as godawful as everyone says it is.

Most of the problems are caused by bad mic quality.

• edited 2012-04-07 11:15:25
    Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Ladies and gentlemen, I am a grade-A Space Cadet, graduated with honours from the Galactic Moron Academy.

See, we soldiers usually get two-day weekends, Saturday and Sunday. Fair enough.

But since yesterday was Good Friday, I got my clocks mixed up. I thought today was Sunday and tonight I tried to return to base.

So I wasted three hours and three dollars in subway fare.

Feel free to palm your faces.
  • I have the ability to depress an entire thread with just a few words.
  • ^^*thumbsup*

It's aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall right.

• Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    This is weird. Even though I feel like I have more time to play my games, I still mostly want to post here and watch YouTube videos.

I should probably start my new Pokémon HeartGold playthrough (for real this time!) tomorrow. Especially now that I'm more motivated to walk my dogs.

......I woke up.....my stomach hurts like hell.

"So.

I can't delete my avatars on my old account because my permissions to use the avatar gallery were apparently revoked when I was banned.

Yep...."

Oh noes! Fast Eddie is going to send you a bill for all those avatars! D:

"I haven't been banned because of what I've said in the OTC"

It's not like a given or anything, but even a level headed person with moderate views could get dragged into something unpleasant and have their posts thumped. 

Though, I managed to post in OTC for well over a year and never got so much as a warning. I did get one or two thumped posts, though.

Though,
    I managed to post in OTC for well over a year and never got so much as a
    warning. I did get one or two thumped posts, though.

I have about 20 thumped posts /shrug

• Oh noes! Fast Eddie is going to send you a bill for all those avatars! D:

Don't make fun of me.

(bangs a gavel on the table) I have an excellent idea! Let's change the subject!

I think I smell tomato sauce cooking, but I have no idea why.

I joking. I was hoping my sentence was absurd enough that that was apparent.

Poe's Law and all that.

One needs to actually act in a way that's close to "ban-able" here for me to actually engage in anything close to me mocking them.
  • edited 2012-04-07 13:49:31

I post in OTC, say whatever the fuck I want, as I do everywhere I go. Got 2 or 3 thumps there.

I have, like, 25-26 total thumps.