The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I've been working a lot the past few days, so I'm pretty tired and have nothing to contribute except such stunning insights
  • Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close?

i thought that was like, a kids book

at least that was the impression i got when i read it
    The film adaptation was, like, bordering on a parody of Oscar bait.

• Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.

All those things are art, and good

a beautiful mind the movie is so bad though, because not only did it fuck up john nash's life, it fucked it up in a way that made it far less interesting
    seriously.  he created a game called "fuck your buddy".  he thought his best friend (who he may or may not have been gay with) was satan.  they replaced his actual work in the rand corporation (the main creepy military r&d place) with him imagining doing important work for the government.  how do you not only take "creative liberties" with an actual dude's actual life but do it in the most boring way possible.
  • edited 2016-03-10 02:12:50
    nvm
  • My dreams exceed my real life

All those things are art, and good

So Sayeth I
  • Calica said:

seriously.  he created a game called "fuck your buddy".  he thought his best friend (who he may or may not have been gay with) was satan.  they replaced his actual work in the rand corporation (the main creepy military r&d place) with him imagining doing important work for the government.  how do you not only take "creative liberties" with an actual dude's actual life but do it in the most boring way possible.

Because you can't make a "OOOOH you gotta see this movie but I can't tell you what happened!" twist if you're doing an even remotely realistic portrayal of a mental disorder.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Calica said:

Broad audience appeal.
  • kill living beings
    yeah i watched that movie in, I think, a psychology class, and then checked and whoops no visual hallucinations this is garbage bye
  • kill living beings
    is the book better

is the book better

the book is an actual biography.  i read it in high school and i definitely thought it was better then and i'm still pretty sure high school me is right
    It had eternally underrated actor Paul Bettany

It had eternally underrated actor Paul Bettany

oh hey, he played the fake roommate.  yeah, i can't complain about his acting so much as how fucked it is that they created his character in the first place

also he was in MCU movies
    Yes, but they got him to play a robot, which made him underplay his natural charm
    perhaps, but i'd say jarvis is still a p charming robot
    Also as The Vision
  • The Vision sounds like the name of a christian rock band
    Todd should have a separate twitter for dog pics, so I can get just his dog pics
    I would use "pretentious" to describe things like Her Story and Sunset, but phillistines have ruined that word for everyone
    all i know about her story is that christine love got mad when people said that her games were better than it
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    "Pretentious" has a fairly specific definition that more often than not describes the sort of people who constantly misuse the word "pretentious."
    Calica said:

all i know about her story is that christine love got mad when people said that her games were better than it

Huh, why?
    Her Story is an obfuscated lifetime movie starring a shitty actress that got praise out the wazoo because ???
  • presumably Christine Love thought Her Story was better than her games
    Well she's WRONG
  • meow meow meowtherfuckers

Her Story is an obfuscated lifetime movie starring a shitty actress that got praise out the wazoo because ???

probably because it was doing something different from the rest of the gaming industry 

and also solving mysteries is fun
    Solving mysteries is fun.

The mystery in Her Story was just boring as shit, and bad.

And the twist was recycled from every other game Sam Barlow has ever made
  • Her Story is an obfuscated lifetime movie starring a shitty actress that got praise out the wazoo because ???

Can you please just fixate on things you like

I mean you have NieR but could you find some other things please
    I try, but people just ignore me then
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Speaking of, I'm almost surprised that I'm ahead of Myr in ASIP.

Myr: I do my best to respond to you in IRC, although I can't comment meaningfully on everything.
  • We can do anything if we do it together.

I try, but people just ignore me then

I've talked to you about Rick & Morty and Moral Orel a lot.
    I talk about podcasts I like and people are like "Oh yes, I have heard things in my life"
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    what are your favorite podcasts
    I know of Abject Suffering because they're interesting people, but also, haha, me and podcasts.
    Crystal said:

I know of Abject Suffering because they're interesting people, but also, haha, me and podcasts.

Their horrible gooniness ruined it
    Last year I watched the Oscars to have something to talk to people about, and literally everyone was like "Oh yes, movies or "moving pictures" I saw some Disney movies as a child"
  • I try, but people just ignore me then

if it helps I know the feel
    Oh. :/
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    I try to engage you on fiction and philosophy stuff but you almost never talk about the books you've read or intend to read anymore and most of your recent philosophy talk focuses on, like, people being bad at it or otherwise unpleasant about it.
  • edited 2016-03-10 03:06:46
    meow meow meowtherfuckers
    Hmm. Well, it's hard to contribute to a subject you know nothing about. I feel that contributes to the whole "forum full of complaining" thing Sredni was talking about. A lot of people here have interest in things other people here just don't. But whenever someone complains about something, it's usually something more well known, so people are either gonna feel obligated to defend the thing or be like "yeah, i don't like this thing either!"

^oheylook a wild sredni while i was typing
    It is so infinitely demoralizing to put effort into talking about things I care about and get an empty void.
    Epitome said:

Hmm. Well, it's hard to contribute to a subject you know nothing about. I feel that contributes to the whole "forum full of complaining" thing Sredni was talking about. A lot of people here have interest in things other people here just don't. But whenever someone complains about something, it's usually something more well known, so people are either gonna feel obligated to defend the thing or be like "yeah, i don't like this thing either!"

^oheylook a wild sredni while i was typing
    Hey, I've had similar thoughts. Partly just a natural result of a forum, to me, although a lot of us being on the autistic spectrum and/or having trouble socializing are other things that have been addressed too.

I dunno. It feels weird for me to comment on this specifically.

It is so infinitely demoralizing to put effort into talking about things I care about and get an empty void.

Understandable, too.

Last year I watched the Oscars to have something to talk to people about, and literally everyone was like "Oh yes, movies or "moving pictures" I saw some Disney movies as a child"

This might be because western PA is a wasteland of inbred barbarians though
  • if the people of western PA dont watch the oscars they cant be all bad
    I am not better than them.

No not let anyone say I think I'm better than them, because I am not.