The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• My dreams exceed my real life
    Kexruct said:

People on Tumblr got mad at me for saying people liked The Force Awakens for being diverse

Come on, I wasn't even trying to get the Shit Brigade's attention this time.

How so?
  • he literally just said "people like Star Wars because it has a diverse cast" and like 30 people got really mad and reblogged it with Actually Strimmer, People Like Star Wars Because I'm A Huge Fucking Nerd Who Can't Handle Seeing The Word "Diversity" On My Dash
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    is it the only reason people like Star Wars?
    Jane said:

he literally just said "people like Star Wars because it has a diverse cast" and like 30 people got really mad and reblogged it with Actually Strimmer, People Like Star Wars Because I'm A Huge Fucking Nerd Who Can't Handle Seeing The Word "Diversity" On My Dash

Oh so this was backlash from THAT squad
  • is it the only reason people like Star Wars?

no but he never said or implied that
  • and one of the users was called "feminismshmeminism" so 
    HH is very diverse

...maybe
    I thought it was a different squad getting angry at him for saying that Tumblr was in love with Star Wars because of the diversity

And I would have argued by saying that "Yeah Tumblr can do that, but I think they would have liked this movie anyway"
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

HH is very diverse

...maybe

Its founder is a bisexual brown genderqueer
    brown, eh
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

brown, eh

and beautiful :3
  • My back and shoulders are killing me

Bad times
    pain is seldom a good time
  • It's self induced, unfortunately.

I was sat cross legged on my bed with no back support for two and a half hour playing my PS3.

I'm paying the price for it now.
    I think I did something like that once.

Never again
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

was the dubstep really necessary
  • hell yeah it was
    I finally figured out what goons mean by "anime"
    They mean "Thing that is silly in a way I dislike, and which I can in some way blame on a certain Japanese aesthetic"
    FaeFone's default ringtone is "Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy"

I'd imagine it's also Ash's ringtone, because I'd be amazed if ze figured out how to change it
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...

hell yeah it was

• pretty much some white kid

FaeFone's default ringtone is "Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy"

I'd imagine it's also Ash's ringtone, because I'd be amazed if ze figured out how to change it

I happen to think it's a lovely piece of music!

And I haven't figured how to change it.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    what is the FaeFone interface like anyway?
    Anonus said:

what is the FaeFone interface like anyway?

It relies heavily on emoji and nonsensical icons.
    They all mean something, I'm sure of it!  Some of them look a bit like runes...
    Sometimes gauges or counters appear on the screen, but they're all of them unlabelled so I'm not sure what they represent.
  • It looks so sad I want to hug it

• 8e happy, tiny kitten. For you are a kitten and thus a lot of people love you!
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Every time I see someone go "I'm so burnt out on superhero movies" I go "yeah............." and then I want to burst into tears.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    :(

is it ok to ask why?
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Everything has just gotten so tiresome. The studios don't want to take risks, the talk surrounding the movies are awful, and the people who refuse to watch movies are just doing their damndest to make things worse.

You know what's the straw that broke the camel's back? When folks were posting gifs of the Civil War trailer (which I may yet see at some point), and there was one of Bucky and Captain America fighting Iron Man together. And the caption was; "cute husbands fighting together!!!!" And the caption under that was "cute husbands fighting tony who is not fighting back", which was patently untrue, you could see him try to shoot them, multiple times.

And I don't know why that broke me but it did.
    Give Mark Millar more unearned money and cred 
    For God's sake, Myr.

Comic writers don't get royalties. If they did, we might live in a slightly better world, but they don't.
    I hate Mark Millar more than you ever will know or understand but the only thing that is going to profit for him in this is his intangible "stock" as a creator and one more movie isn't going to raise it that much higher.
    "Hey I liked this paint-by-the-numbers Captain America movie, I should go read the comic"
    Mark Millar doesn't get royalties for those either. Marvel is strictly work-for-hire.
    Whatevs

I think people are deeply tired of me talking about this anyway
    Kirkman makes shitloads of money from Walking Dead because it's his, lock-stock-and-barrel, but you know what people like Mark Millar get?

Nothing. Fuckall but an intangible value put on his star and name. And even at his lowest, people still hired him! He has never needed our help!
    If you're going to hate on shit, I'm all for it, I'll even join you, because by God I am as salty as the Dead Sea and as done as a piece of coal, but at least get your facts straight.
    i do find this subject very tiresome, honestly.  i didn't intend to reignite this argument.
    Kyle Kahlgren argues this is West Side Story's version of the Queen Mab speech
  • edited 2016-02-08 02:44:54
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    the more Calvin and Hobbes that get posted here the more smug it seems and then i feel sad because everyone else seems to find it so witty and charming.
  • Tachyon said:

i do find this subject very tiresome, honestly.  i didn't intend to reignite this argument.

i know!

i saw Mach's initial response and didn't know what to say

then i watched TV for a bit, looked back and . . . this
    sorry
    Tachyon said:

the more Calvin and Hobbes that get posted here the more smug it seems and then i feel sad because everyone else seems to find it so witty and charming.

You mean the strips where Calvin says something dumb and Hobbes reacts? I can see that