The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• meow meow meowtherfuckers
    Like I wait at 1:50 just so I can avoid potential bus mishaps and not be late and now it's 2:30.
  • kill living beings
    it's snowing. wow.
  • meow meow meowtherfuckers
    Aaaaand the bus came
    [muffled screaming]
  • EVERY DAY WHEN YOU'RE WALKIN' DOWN THE STREET
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    today's Tom Sawyer
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

/co/ has this weird obsession with Arthur

I don't understand

I don't understand
    it's because arthur is a godsend
  • There's a thread there right now where they're making up the metagame for a theoretical Arthur fighting game. 

They're referring to characters nobody's even bloody heard of.
  • Anonus said:

/co/ has this weird obsession with Arthur

I don't understand

I don't understand
    it's because arthur is a godsend
    was a godsend

now it's... not
  • what is/was a godsend about Arthur
  • My dreams exceed my real life

There's a thread there right now where they're making up the metagame for a theoretical Arthur fighting game. 

Post it so I can see if I remember them
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    King Arthur
  • what is/was a godsend about Arthur

AND I SAID "HEY

HEY"

WHAT A WONDERFUL KINDA DAY

WHERE WE CAN LEARN TO WORK AND PLAY

AND GET ALONG WITH EACH OTHER
  • There's a thread there right now where they're making up the metagame for a theoretical Arthur fighting game. 

Post it so I can see if I remember them
    http://boards.4chan.org/co/thread/79481777/who-would-be-the-strongest-character-in-an-arthur#p79488695
  • edited 2016-02-02 01:58:12

elfen lied has a good opening theme as well
    Hey Moose Kid

I always sympathized with Moose Kid
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Blood-C had a good OP. Blood-C was a beautiful trainwreck.
  • oh yeah George, i remember him

he had some sort of learning disorder? that was a very memorable episode
    I have never seen the Asperger's episode in its entirety >_<
    To me the most memorable Arthur moment is his fantasy about being trapped on the bus forever
    Also there was an episode where he got a nosebleed on the same day Francine threw up in class.

And Francine was super-embarassed about it, and didn't go to school for a day, and when she got back she assumed people were making fun of her, even though they weren't, but they were making fun of Moose Kid.

And then he talks to her about it and says that they aren't making fun of her, even though she did something worse, because she's popular.

That is more honestly than most shows have about stuff that happens in school.
  • yeah it was real

in other news top hat + shearling overalls is an Advanced Maneuver, i dont know what else Erykah Badu has done but whatever it is she is no doubt awesome at it

in other news top hat + shearling overalls is an Advanced Maneuver, i dont know what else Erykah Badu has done but whatever it is she is no doubt awesome at it
    this is pretty much exactly how I imagine every Fallen London character looking.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    IJBM: Sometimes when I tab away from Skype and then tab back, the cursor goes to the "search contacts" box instead of the "reply to the messages" box
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    IJBM: Skype still hasn't fixed the orange dot nonsense.
  • IBJM: Sky
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I feel like Skype is one of those things that was really cool when it was new but in the time since then its main features have been done better by other products.

Actually, that describes a lot of Microsoft stuff.
    what do you mean by other products doing them better?
    Well, like, when it comes to instant messaging, I'd much rather use Google Hangouts or something with a nice simple web-based interface than the bloated Skype client.

The IM feature of Skype always seemed like an afterthought of sorts because the audio/video calling is its main attraction.
  • Jane said:

this is pretty much exactly how I imagine every Fallen London character looking.
    -Gender Ambiguous
    -Stupid big overcoat
    -Fancy hat

Checks out
    I had a dream this morning in which I was driving around down and saw a sign that said "WOODRED ROAD CLOSED DUE TO TRAFFIC ACCIDENT, USE ALTERNATE ROUTE"

And because dream logic I didn't think anything of it, but, like...

How often would you have to have car accidents on a specific street to make a sign like that with the specific street name on it??
  • edited 2016-02-02 06:28:03
    Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    It's bad enough that a nation has to figure out who it is, struggle between those who have money and those who don't, and find ways to fend for itself.

What makes the situation worse is that this nation has to suffer other nations, who come over and say that they can help because they know better, but are just there to take what they can, push whatever dope they're selling, or are just plain incompetent.
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    What's the appeal of Beavis & Butt-head? Like, what caused it to gain such a following, what resonated with its viewers or whatever.

I've read the Wikipedia article several times over the years, and I feel like I understand it, but don't get it.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    I just realized how much the Smiths don't care about each other. I mean they do, but they have to really muster up the sentiment. 

And if I had to describe them, it would be "ready." Ready to give up, ready to accept a new change, any change, as long as it'll take them out of their boring lives and give them something better. Jerry, most notably, so easily forgets his marriage and jumps on a parasite's dick, just so he can experience star-crossed love. Jerry, fucking a hologram at 2% effort power. Beth, taking the alternate universe device to drink herself to death while fantasizing about her alternate self being a human surgeon. Summer, so ready to leave when she finds out her carefully-constructed illusion, that she was wanted, falls apart.

The only one who really wants to be there is Rick and Morty, and Rick just likes having his daughter around while he sleeps in the garage between atrocities, and Morty needs some kind of normality and is just happy to be home.

They're trapped with each other, and that's what they'll eventually accept, but they'll never stop yearning for something and someone better.
  • Crystal said:

What's the appeal of Beavis & Butt-head? Like, what caused it to gain such a following, what resonated with its viewers or whatever.

I've read the Wikipedia article several times over the years, and I feel like I understand it, but don't get it.
    You know how Tom and Jerry cartoons derive humor from the physical pain they inflict on their characters? Beavis and Butthead is like that, but for teenagers.
    I like T&J plenty as a teenager

I have always loved the production values of MGM's cartoons
    This is some fucking bullshit.

I slept normal hours but (a) kept waking up frequently, and (b) now can't stay awake.

I'm gonna try skipping my first class of the day to see if I feel better this afternoon, because I really don't think I can drive as I am right now.
    I know that's not everyone though

The only B&B thing I like is their movie
  • Some rich people are OK.
  • Crystal said:

Beavis and Butt-Head live in a world that is bending over backwards to teach them morals while somehow managing to avoid learning anything.

• It's not even morals, the world's trying desperately to teach them common sense and basic self-preservation and somehow they avoid all long-lasting harm from the repercussions of their actions.
  • What says 'I love you' more than your engagement nonsense and overpriced wedding shenanigans?! GIVING YOUR SIGNIFICANT OTHER YOUR OWN FUCKING KIDNEY!! 
    Someone posted this on facebook and I wanted to ask "is it still romantic if you give them someone else's internal organs"

#yntkt
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    next door why are you spending the whole day drilling x_x
  • loving Tom and Jerry and Beavis and Butt-head are not mutually exclusive things
    I just figured the average teen would not want to be associated with T&J
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    younger teens, probably not

older teens tend to be less insecure about liking kids' cartoons