The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• I am Goat
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Paul Nuttall, the Ukip deputy leader, has just accused Labour of relying disproportionately on Asian voters in Oldham and on postal votes. He claimed this was “an affront to democracy”.
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Green Jello, funeral potatoes, and fry sauce.  Raspberry honey, saltwater taffy, pastrami burger.
    (2015 self)
    Also, I remember the first time I had an english scone.  It was... not what I was expecting.  For one thing, I could eat more than one without feeling sick.  

Yesterday I learned that the world outside of Utah does not have scones, but baked goods of the biscuit family called "scones".  Their equivalent to scones is fry bread, which is basically scones but without butter on top.
    what is an american biscuit anyway
  • edited 2015-12-04 18:21:33
    Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    It's like a savory, slightly salty fluffy bread thing.

I like 'em.
  • edited 2015-12-04 18:26:46
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    At almost any gathering of mormons for that lasts longer than forty-five minutes and contains more than twenty people, food will be provided.  Weddings, funerals, firesides, etc.

Funeral potatoes are a casserole containing potatoes and not-potatoes.  The Not-potatoes consist of Cream, Cheese, and Not-Cream-or-Cheese.

Different families have different recipes, and recipes change over time.  Usually at least one strange thing either baked into or added to the casserole.  Bacon, rice crispies, chili, brocolli, crushed chips, onions, count as strange things.  I have seen all of these things.

I do not know why they are called funeral potatoes, other than they are served at social gatherings such as funerals and they contain potatoes.
    In MGS3 Snake somehow mistakes a scone for a cookie and I still don't know how.
    (2015 self)
    Utah Scones are fried dough.  Butter is often added on the top, for extra artery cloggage.

We don't drink alcohol or caffiene, or smoke any substance.  To compensate, we attempt to ruin our bodies in other ways.

However, we are commanded to take care of our bodies.  To reconcile our food with our faith, before the food is eaten, a prayer is said containing the words, "and please bless this food to nourish and strengthen our bodies".

• The reason I could never be mormon is that I can't live without me cola.
  • edited 2015-12-04 18:39:12
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    Completely accurate.

^<joke> http://www.thesundaily.my/news/563644  me cola is distinct from My cola.  No copyright infringement is intended by Jane.  </joke>
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    More Centralia characters!

Amber Quartz: A Maresville police constable in the main continuity, a security guard at Dame Adorabelle's Academy in the boarding school continuity. Takes the latter job a bit too seriously, but she kinda has to, when she's dealing directly with 13-year-old Princess Alice.

Ashley Warner: Amber's junior police partner in the main continuity, a Dame Adorabelle's prefect in the boarding school continuity. Is a bit sillier and more lighthearted than Amber, but somehow manages to actually accomplish more. Also crushes on every cute girl she meets.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    please bless this mess :D
  • Aliroz said:

Utah Scones are fried dough.  Butter is often added on the top, for extra artery cloggage.

We don't drink alcohol or caffiene, or smoke any substance.  To compensate, we attempt to ruin our bodies in other ways.

However, we are commanded to take care of our bodies.  To reconcile our food with our faith, before the food is eaten, a prayer is said containing the words, "and please bless this food to nourish and strengthen our bodies".

As someone who decided, upon being vegan, to eat french fries every day for months, I understand this
  • edited 2015-12-04 19:00:08
    ಠ_ಠ
    There's a huge argument over how to properly serve your British Scones: Do you do it the Cornwall way (jam first, then clotted cream) or the Devon way (clotted cream then jam)?
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    either is fine, just don't pronounce it to rhyme with "bone"
  • Yes, rhyme it with "gone". 
    'sgoing
    'sgoing
    scone
  • Personally, if I have the choice, I put the cream on then the jam. That way I can control how much cream I put on and I don't get as sick, therefore I can eat more of them #ToolsLogic

But if it's presented ready made and has jam then cream, I'll eat it. I'll just have mouthfuls of cream. 
  • Know your lines? Of course you know your lines! But I don't want to just hear your lines...I wanna hear what's in YOUR SOULS!!
    What kind of mobile suit would Helga pilot
  • The chin plaster is back on. I look like a twat.
    Jane said:

what the fuck is a British Scone, yo

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scone
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Mormons are not allowed to consume caffeine or alcohol.

Non-Mormons in Utah are allowed to consume both, but in order to purchase it, they must first engage in ritual combat with the Challenge Snake, which is 200 feet long and which cannot be cut or bruised by human weapons. Thankfully you just have to cut off the bell tied to its tail, which is good because they can reuse the Challenge Snake.
  • kill living beings

Mormons are not allowed to consume caffeine or alcohol.

Non-Mormons in Utah are allowed to consume both, but in order to purchase it, they must first engage in ritual combat with the Challenge Snake, which is 200 feet long and which cannot be cut or bruised by human weapons. Thankfully you just have to cut off the bell tied to its tail, which is good because they can reuse the Challenge Snake.
    and even after that you get, like, 5% abv
  • I'm gonna call my next album Challenge Snake.
    Challenge Snake, the evil twin brother of Lazy Snake.
  • My boobs feel really big today.

Tools's Fact Of The Day
  • what is an american biscuit anyway

A very crumbly bread whose leavening is baking soda or baking powder.  Wikipedia suggests that it is like a scone but not sweet.

Frequently served at Kentucky Fried Chicken locations.
    allegedly you have them with gravy

but here a biscuit is what you'd call a cookie, so the phrase 'biscuits and gravy' sounds peculiar to me, even knowing that
  • Mormons are not allowed to consume caffeine or alcohol.

i laughed for real :D
    Gravy roast the Master in the fires of Hades and bring our vengeance to fruition.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    There's this image post on some content aggregator about how what if Batman defeated some ultimate evil, was sent back in time to the theater playing The Mark of Zorro, shot his own parents to ensure that he would become the Batman to defeat the ultimate evil, tried to kill himself, but was pulled out of the water and driven insane to become the Joker.

And that's...stupid on so many levels and even more contrived than actual superhero comics could ever be.
    that is incredibly stupid
  • kill living beings
    MachSpeed said:

even more contrived than actual superhero comics could ever be.

they'd totally do that, man
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    I love it. And find it ridiculous all the same.
    People endlessly repeat that thing some DC exec said somewhere about not wanting jokes in their movies, while at the same time whining about Hot Topic Joker being too silly.
  • I am with you about most things but Joker from the Suicide Squad movie looks fucking stupid.

Not in a funny way either, it just looks dumb.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Aliroz said:

Baby goats are the bounciest animals next to ferrets in packing peanuts.
    Jane said:

I am with you about most things but Joker from the Suicide Squad movie looks fucking stupid.

Not in a funny way either, it just looks dumb.
    The whole movie looks absurd and trashy, which is way more #Aesthetic than any Marvel or DC movie has had in the last ten years.
  • #defendmallgothclown

The console wars have died down, and the World War 2 of nerd culture is #brand wars.
    I just want to watch the movies I want to watch without having to fit it into some absurd corporate metanarrative of DC vs Marvel.
    They're both monstrously evil huge corporations anyway, don't act like either one has any kind of social justice high ground.
  • edited 2015-12-04 20:40:41

the high ground the low ground, the middle ground, i dont give a fuck, the clown is still dumb