The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• edited 2015-11-02 16:21:38
    Ich bin ein jelly doughnut
    i just realized in the last part of that gif he's being chased by a store employee
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    naney said:
    Watch Dogs 2 is looking way better than the first.
  • kill living beings
    MachSpeed said:

Toko is one of the only surviving Resolute in Yashima, forced into hiding after a failed rebellion. Of her nine siblings, she is the only one who survived the resulting massacre. Though almost unbearable, she views these trials as a test of faith, and they serve only to strengthen her belief.

To the Resolute, Kala’s appearance marks the beginning of the end of days, and thus the beginning of their task to save as many unenlightened souls as possible before the final judgement.

Blessed with great skill and seemingly divine strength of will, Toko vows to vanquish the evils of this land. Her faith, like her blade, is straight and true, unwavering in its conviction. Learning more about the true source of her power, however, will put her devotion to the ultimate test.

I'll give you five guesses as to what this character is supposed to be in our world.
    nun samurai. neat.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    You're like half-right. Only half.
  • kill living beings
    i am quite confident that this outfit is based on a nun and also a samurai
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Yeah, but she's inspired by a specific Christian sect, particularly by her bio.
  • kill living beings
    taiping heavenly kingdom? this is pretty vague to tie to any particular christian sect, there have been a lot of slaughters in history
  • MachSpeed said:

That's inspired by the Shimabara Rebellion, right?
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    My head is buzzing.
  • my masters results came back and i got a distinction \o/
  • congratulations on your masterful work

MachSpeed said:

That's inspired by the Shimabara Rebellion, right?
    ding ding ding
  • sunn wolf said:

my masters results came back and i got a distinction \o/

fantastic!
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Awesome.  Congratulations!
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Congrats
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    That's amazing!  Congratulations!
  • sunn wolf said:

my masters results came back and i got a distinction \o/

Very cool. Congratulations.
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Snoitalutargnoc.
  • ydnugru8
  • negative 8urgundy gru8s
    "No... Escape..." rattled the undead car salesman.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

There's a Ford Escape pun in there somewhere
    I have clearance Halloween candy :D
    Good job.
    Odradek said:

This is especially funny if you're one of the people who believes that Hobbes is a figment of Calvin's imagination.
    It's funny...my parents first read Calvin and Hobbes as adults and believed Hobbes was imaginary.

I first read Calvin and Hobbes as a kid and believed Hobbes was real.

It's funny how our different points of view made for two totally different (but both enjoyable) experiences of the comic.

:thejoke:

:thejoke:
    YOUR FACE is a joke!

Ha, take that, person named Alice!!
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    I always read Hobbes as a creature sprung from the imagination of a child with an overactive imagination and wanting a friend, so naturally he'd go along with his harebrained schemes. It made the most sense to me from an, uh, fictional viewpoint or whatever.
    tbf, if Hobbes isn't real, Calvin sure beats the shit out of himself a lot.
  • just because he's imaginary doesn't mean that he isn't real

y'all are weird
  • edited 2015-11-02 19:04:48
    Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    naney said:

just because he's imaginary doesn't mean that he isn't real

y'all are weird

Talking like 12 year Crystal, inane.

It, undoubtedly, later developed. More focusing on a specific part of my thoughts on C&H. That and it of course wasn't my only viewpoint, but from the simplified viewpoint she was giving it, I responded in turn.
    naney said:

just because he's imaginary doesn't mean that he isn't real

y'all are weird

This was the conclusion I eventually came to when I was a bit older, but "imaginary but also real" wasn't really a concept I could wrap my head around the first time I read this stuff when I was 6. :P
  • Calvin and Hobbes is basically a magical realist work
  • 5,100 words on my NaNo novel. Fuck yes. 
  • edited 2015-11-02 19:17:49
    Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Goddamnit.

God freaking damn it.

I'm going to keep watching campy silliness while half-heartedly praying this pisses off to its original hole and never returns.
    :/
    i'm already annoyed by the fact that i now sometimes get pop ups that take up a large part of my screen telling me to upgrade
  • Odradek said:

Calvin, doing the ice bucket challenge before it was a thing.
    Other people see Hobbes one way, and Calvin sees him a different way, and that's how it works.
    Tachyon said:

i'm already annoyed by the fact that i now sometimes get pop ups that take up a large part of my screen telling me to upgrade

I don't get it. We're nowhere near the end of support for Windows 7, let alone Windows 8, so why are they so eager to upgrade people from something they're forced to support for 5 more years anyways?

Like, when they had an "update" for XP that was just a popup saying "XP is no longer supported after April 2014", that at least made sense, but here it's just...why?
  • 5,444 words.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I was told months ago that Windoze 10 would be ABSOLUTELY REQUIRED before too long, so I am not surprised
    i am not confident this machine would be able to handle it

when i have a job i'll start saving for a new computer