The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• edited 2015-03-19 11:52:06
    [07:46:14] <GMH> also should i pick up Shantae: Risky's Revenge on Steam now?
    [07:47:39] <GMH> hmm, it's also on humble store
    [07:48:09] <GMH> though it only provides a steam key
    [07:51:23] <GMH> should i wait on buying it just so i can buy it through humble since (1) some other humble releases provide DRM-free + steam key and (2) humble donates to charity?
  • for some reason the first thing i thought of when seeing that name was that that was a parody of new jersey
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-insane-mashups-that-make-terrible-songs-great/ Oh my god Cracked, stop giving Adam Tod Brown articles literally anyone else could do better.
  • Are you really in need of a job which is better than what you have at this time?

If any one of these questions are in your head right now, I am here to give you the response to your issues!

Job hunting isn't something that you need to be stressful for everyone!

This needs to be the basis of a puzzlehunt puzzle.

• THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Do you want to make more money? Sure, we all do!
  • edited 2015-03-19 17:25:10
    I'm imagining a puzzle text where the unusually-formatted letters spell out clues to famous scams in history.
  • Answer extraction might be something clued in by the title.

Something simple could involve first arranging the scams in order of history and then reading their first letters according to Wikipedia...though names might be hard to use since scams don't usually have proper names.
  • maybe the topic of the scam?  or maybe something clued in by the initial text itself
  • http://www.cnet.com/news/ashley-judd-says-shes-pressing-charges-against-twitter-trolls/

This is vaguely reminiscent of a certain other internet obnoxiousness phenomenon allegedly involving ethics in video game journalism.
  • edited 2015-03-19 17:56:49
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)

You know what I hate? I hate how websites don't let you change your passwords without emailing yourself and having a validation.

Look, I don't want to feel like my request is inconvienient.

• kill living beings
    it's all handled by robots, tho
  • i wonder if the political landscape in the U.S. has changed such that scandals are no longer as important as they used to be in affecting a politician's viability and ideological affiliation (often as represented by party affiliation) has become more important in determining viability
    In Jorge Joestar, it is revealed that Pucci’s Made in Heaven reset the universe 36 times instead of 2. And in every universe, the basic events of Battle Tendency happened, including Kars becoming the Ultimate Life Form and being ejected into space by Joseph Joestar (the beings called “Kars” and “Joseph Joestar” exist in every universe). However, it justs so happens that the universal resets only affected Earth, which means everything outside of Earth remained the same after the resets. Consequently, every version of the immortal Kars has survived the resets and crashed on Mars. Thus, there are now 36 versions of Kars living on Mars in Joji Joestar’s universe. Furthermore, the original Kars is no longer evil and has befriended Joji Joestar. He now holds respect for humanity’s bravery and ambiton. He is also now aware of the concept of Stands, or should I say he now remembers the concept of Stands, and seems to imply that the Pillar Men of ancient times possessed some kind of proto-Stands. He also reveals that Santana was actually completely insane, and that his stoicness was the result of the Pillar Men’s version of the flesh buds, keeping him in control. These Kars possess many Stands amongst themselves including U Boat, D4C Ultimate, Whitesnake Ultimate, C-Moon Ultimate Requiem, The World Ultimate, and Dune. It is the original Kars who managed to obtain Killer Queen from Kira. After that, he repeateadly uses the Bites the Dust ability until he manages to reach the first universal reset, which is the SBR universe, obtaining Made in Heaven Ultimate Requiem in the process, and taking back many characters with him, including Joji, Jorge, and Jonathan. Then, Joji incorporates the original Kars into his chest (??), which makes all the Kars form a bridge (????) in order to reach Ultimate Dio (who has been joined by all of the evil Kars and all of the other main villains), in order to defeat him once and for all. In the end, the original Kars uses Made in Heaven Ultimate Requiem and Bites the Dust one last time in order to reach the original universe, the reset stopping on the day of Jorge’s and Lisa Lisa’s wedding and restoring order in the multiverse. The legendary history of the Joestar family and their bizarre adventure can now live on, as it should be. 
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Aliroz said:

You know what I hate? I hate how websites don't let you change your passwords without emailing yourself and having a validation.

Look, I don't want to feel like my request is inconvienient.

Having people complain to you that their account was hacked and their password changed would be more inconvenient, to be honest.
  • i need to watch Bad Lieutenant - Port of Call: New Orleans
  • is the utter insanity of these plots part of the appeal of jjba

is the utter insanity of these plots part of the appeal of jjba

This is not part of jjba

it is part of a tie-in light novel called Jorge Joestar
  • is Mysterious Mose a public-domain character?
  • I have cut a caper with the dancing mad god
    ...Unexpected side effect of getting rid of my bed frame: I no longer have anywhere in my bedroom to tie on reeds. O.o
  • it's like how my cell phone lacks a place to attach charms
    Well, except significantly more inconvenient. Now I have to go out to the dining room table and bring my desk lamp with me out there rather than just having to move it a couple feet to my bed. 
  • edited 2015-03-19 20:28:16
    i thought i didn't fully understand how to use a two-sided vs. one-sided t-test

> go to wikipedia

> end up reading about Muriel Bristol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muriel_Bristol
  • kill living beings
    Panurge said:

In Jorge Joestar, it is revealed that Pucci’s Made in Heaven reset the universe 36 times instead of 2. And in every universe, the basic events of Battle Tendency happened, including Kars becoming the Ultimate Life Form and being ejected into space by Joseph Joestar (the beings called “Kars” and “Joseph Joestar” exist in every universe). However, it justs so happens that the universal resets only affected Earth, which means everything outside of Earth remained the same after the resets. Consequently, every version of the immortal Kars has survived the resets and crashed on Mars. Thus, there are now 36 versions of Kars living on Mars in Joji Joestar’s universe. Furthermore, the original Kars is no longer evil and has befriended Joji Joestar. He now holds respect for humanity’s bravery and ambiton. He is also now aware of the concept of Stands, or should I say he now remembers the concept of Stands, and seems to imply that the Pillar Men of ancient times possessed some kind of proto-Stands. He also reveals that Santana was actually completely insane, and that his stoicness was the result of the Pillar Men’s version of the flesh buds, keeping him in control. These Kars possess many Stands amongst themselves including U Boat, D4C Ultimate, Whitesnake Ultimate, C-Moon Ultimate Requiem, The World Ultimate, and Dune. It is the original Kars who managed to obtain Killer Queen from Kira. After that, he repeateadly uses the Bites the Dust ability until he manages to reach the first universal reset, which is the SBR universe, obtaining Made in Heaven Ultimate Requiem in the process, and taking back many characters with him, including Joji, Jorge, and Jonathan. Then, Joji incorporates the original Kars into his chest (??), which makes all the Kars form a bridge (????) in order to reach Ultimate Dio (who has been joined by all of the evil Kars and all of the other main villains), in order to defeat him once and for all. In the end, the original Kars uses Made in Heaven Ultimate Requiem and Bites the Dust one last time in order to reach the original universe, the reset stopping on the day of Jorge’s and Lisa Lisa’s wedding and restoring order in the multiverse. The legendary history of the Joestar family and their bizarre adventure can now live on, as it should be. 

Makes sense
  • ...Unexpected side effect of getting rid of my bed frame: I no longer have anywhere in my bedroom to tie on reeds. O.o

Reeds?
    Oboe reeds - when you're first tying the cane onto a staple, you have to have something sturdy to tie the string onto to keep tension in it. Like so:

• don't worry, the only true purpose of bed frames is to be objects whose locations are divined by shin bones
  • IMVU owns FurAffinity
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    naney said:

IMVU owns FurAffinity

they just bought it in January

for an undisclosed sum of course
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    also to be honest this is the first time I've even heard anything about IMVU since like 2008
  • i'm surprised imvu is still a thing
  • i recognise the name but not sure what imvu even is... i remember ads for it
  • "GOOD ALE ENTRY" refers not to good places to get ale, nor to the mouth (which could technically be an entry point for good ale, or a good entry point for ale), but "Goodale Entry", as in the entry doorway for the East Campus dormitory in that portion of the twin buildings which is named after someone named Goodale.
  • So our team was winning hard... the round is 14 : 4 and im in a 1v4, my team (4 premades) are saying "Clutch or kick" i then actually cluth the 1v4 and they ♥♥♥♥ing kick me?
    Have I ever mentioned how much I hate jargon this thick?
  • also i never figured out what "clutch" meant or why smash players liked saying it so much
  • far as i know it is a bunch of eggs, or an object you put on your steering wheel to make it obnoxious for anyone else to use it
  • wait no that other thing is The Club
  • RT @glennmharvey

next person to use "dank" to mean something besides "disagreeably damp,
    musty, and probably typically cold" gets an "i'm an idiot" sticker
  • Never be with0ut a Hat!
    (2010 self)
    Clouds are so pretty.  I mean, if we ever went underground for a hundred years and forgot what clouds look like, we wouldn't believe the paintings of clouds.  Those shapes, those textures and colors, the way they can blend into the sky.
  • Never be with0ut a Hat!
    (2010 self)
    This is my other account, for yelling at my "Aliroz" account.

Also, for expressing happy things.

And representing younger me sometimes (or, rather, current me remembering past stuff and current me in a mood reminiscent of my younger self).

So I can bring up stuff I have forgotten; or yell at @Aliroz for forgetting the old bloodfeuds with Edison (remember that!), Disney, and Almond Ice Cream.  I mean, when was the last time I brought up hats?  Or necroed a thread, or went on a tangent about the origin of a word, or joked about taking over the world?

I mean, heck, I have the means to do tons of research on dinosaurs and etymology and it's been long enough that I could resurrect Facepalm Studios without it being predictable!

• i love these wasabi peas
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Consarn it, me!

There was a reason I decided to stop going by "Aliroz the Confused" on the tv tropes forums! It was in protest to something, and I promised myself not to go back to the old name until... Dang. What was it that I was so upset about?
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    When in doubt, almond ice cream. Or @Section42L. Or both.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    cow metal
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Did somebody say Almond?

I prefer more balanced stats
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

I prefer more balanced stats

take your pick then
    the Nightmare Knight, totally