The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• (*in the voice of the elderly grape from VeggieTales*) Access Hollywood, license to kill, a redneck fucker from jacksonville
  • edited 2015-03-18 02:12:47
    My dreams exceed my real life

we're all just star durst

I don't feel like it.
  • i wonder what it says about me that that's the bizkit lyric i remember the most
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I don't remember any bizkit lyrics except for "I did it all for the nookie"
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I don't remember any bizkit lyrics except for "8000 years ago, my face appeared in Stonehenge"
  • kill living beings
    god damn it integrators god damn it
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.

You know, books and stuff make being a kid who's smarter than all the adults around you out to be some kind of cool thing

But in reality it sucks because the adults who aren't as smart of you are the ones who have the power

It's a metaphor for society as a whole, or something

*chugs Princess Gin*
    if you're smart, people expect things of you, if you don't meet those expectations, you get yelled at, which causes you to underperform, which makes you do worse, which gets you yelled at, etc.

I may be projecting a tad.
    "potential" may just be the worst word in the english language
    fred durst owning a rei ayanami figurine is still the most hilarious thing
  • Calica said:

fred durst owning a rei ayanami figurine is still the most hilarious thing

I feel like I've been too optimistic

In my version of 101 Dalmatians: The Series, Cadpig has a crush on Spot, and the both of them are female

But even though this was first mentioned in an episode from 1999, I don't portray it as anything anyone in the show has a problem with
    for the same-sex reason at least
  • Scatman John is holy
  • edited 2015-03-18 04:24:59
    the true sources of spiritual greatness are not from arbitrary religious traditions that people set up houses of worship for

they are found by going through life and discovering those things that are truly sacred

/me opens up Melocure CD and makes the sign of the cross, because the back of the CD booklet has a cross

bape game 2strong
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    People had high hopes for me when I was a kid, and they wanted me to take G/T classes and go out for Mensa and all that. I just could not focus long enough for any of that to sink in; I cared mainly about playing with old computers and electronics. Math? English? Who gives a crap!

I was able to get it together long enough to make it through high school, but I turned into a brat again immediately after. I've only made it this far because I actually enjoy writing code most of the time -_-
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    We're all made of starstuff and that means that we can recreate the big bang in miniature within us to perform galaxy-spanning kung fu.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.

the true sources of spiritual greatness are not from arbitrary religious traditions that people set up houses of worship for

they are found by going through life and discovering those things that are truly sacred

Look I feel much the same way but I'm not going to tell people that they're wrong.

Somebody way back then went through life and discovered something truly sacred and they told other people and things built up. The source of every so-called "arbitrary" religious tradition is if not something fundamental and desirable, something that needs to be treated with gravity and respect.
  • oh gosh darnit can't you just leave some dis-establishmentarian sentiment alone

people shouldn't feel obligated to try to find spiritual meaning in something that others force onto them, y'know

rather, it's found in those things that we discover ourselves

so fuck all forms of trying to force one's religious beliefs onto others

also fuck assumptions that one must have religion (any particular religion, any particular type of religion (e.g. monotheistic), or even religion at all) to have morality or to have meaning in life

the nature of spirituality is in the realm of emotion and feeling anyway, attempts to apply reason to it just cause problems, like people arguing over whether god created the world in a literal or metaphorical six days

that stuff is just STUPID

sheesh already

):

I hate the establishment as much or perhaps more than you, but I recognize that establishments are built on powerful ground, for "good" reason.

It's about respecting others. If people believe it's not arbitrary, then it isn't.

Also emotion and feeling is technically antithetical to my own religion, so your statement is reductionist and thus untrue.
  • it's about postulating how the world works

this approach works for things that cannot be otherwise addressed, but then sometimes the postulating goes overboard and becomes stupid

also, it's entirely possible for one person to believe something is arbitrary and another person to believe that same thing is not arbitrary, and when it comes to belief systems and postulates, they could be be right from their own perspectives

also the first step to removing the power of the establishment is to deny that their authority has a justification
  • edited 2015-03-18 09:52:23
    you know what

fuck religious philosophy

i'm not in the mood for this bullshit

~goes back to putting head on hands~
  • Coined by Geoff Fraizer and Greg Boyko, who played the online multiplayer game Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness under the names Shlonglor and Warp.
    The pair had become so proficient at the game that few people would
    play against them, so, in order to avoid scaring off potential
    competitors, the pair created alternate accounts named PapaSmurf and Smurfette.[1][2]

Invented word from the Perry Bible Fellowship comic, then used arbitrarily by the 4chan Web site as an automated replacement for wapanese in users' posts.

i am amused by these etymologies
  • edited 2015-03-18 10:07:54
    Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Then let's not talk about philosophy. Let's talk about practicality.

I believe certain questions and topics, the ones that western theists and atheists are so fond of, are either stupid or otherwise not useful. "Is there a God?" "How can God love us when [X]?" "Can God make a stone..." blah blah blah.

But if I say so to people who take these things seriously, I'll never get through to them. They'll never listen to me, and I'll be useless.

It's compassion and empathy.
  • edited 2015-03-18 10:22:20
    ಠ_ಠ
    0% precipitation, 0 mph wind and 97% humidity.

Spring is here, people.
  • it's cold; i should get a jacket
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    the hell is iPhone Bubbling
  • Fucking photophobia
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    You know what else is stupid that people fight over? Almost everything. People make so many issues out of non-issues. Humans are hopeless.
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.

[vid]

Nice.
  • Worked out that if I help people out, I feel all happy inside.
  • Tools said:

Worked out that if I help people out, I feel all happy inside.

This, for me, too.
  • Gave a homeless bloke some loose change on the way to therapy.

He could be spending that money on crack, but who cares? Go forth and get your crack, good sir.
    honestly I can't begrudge the homeless for spending panhandling money on drugs, since being homeless sucks enough that they deserve those drugs
  • Tools said:

Go forth and get your crack, good sir.

I'm framing this
  • Tools said:

Worked out that if I help people out, I feel all happy inside.

You could try finding a shelter or soup kitchen to consistently volunteer at. 
  • The sadness will last forever.
    i've got at least 10 funko figures and it keeps growing and growing
    *gets another existential crisis*
    does tv show anything other than crime dramas, period dramas, reality shows and sitcoms anymore
    this is why i barely use my tv other than to play video games
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    So something I just realized. Nobody is forcing me to do anything.

I am at school, taking classes because I want to be. I do homework because I want to do well at the classes. I am doing pretty much everything I do because it either makes my life easier or because I want to improve myself. Nobody is forcing me to do any of it. I do not have to go to college, I simply want to. I do not have to learn to drive, I simply want to. I am not on a hell-bound train, I've just forgotten I'm walking through life myself.

This makes me happy.
    Right now I do not want to die.

Hi-five?

Up high

down low

too slow
    goodbye.
  • Panurge said:

Hi-five?

Up high

down low

too slow
    Wal-Mart

K-Mart

Target
  • edited 2015-03-18 15:46:21
    Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Fantastic. Myr, let's go drinking.