The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• for some reason i tried to see how long i could make it without my workhorse hooded jacket that I wear everywhere.

nope, breaking it out again today...
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    broccoli
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Everyone seems to have this piece of fiction that they loved when they were children or adolescents but are afraid to revisit because they're afraid that it won't hold up.

I've never had that. I also don't really understand it.
  • MachSpeed said:

Everyone seems to have this piece of fiction that they loved when they were children or adolescents but are afraid to revisit because they're afraid that it won't hold up.

there's a lot of things that haven't held up to me

SpongeBob, Family Guy, Drawn Together (whose crude humor was less appealing than its cartoon geekery), Kim Possible, The Smurfs...
  • I've been afraid to revisit some things but I don't remember what they are now
  • edited 2015-03-21 01:41:55
    My dreams exceed my real life
    20<Myrdradek>30 So there are these three old men in a nursing home, who are so old and feeble that they can barely move themselves
    20<Myrdradek>30 So they share a room, and one man has a bed by the window
    20<Myrdradek>30 So for entertainment, the one old man will describe all the things he sees outside the window, like people walking their dogs, or birds flying, or girls walking by
    20<Myrdradek>30 Then the man in the middle bed dies
    20<Myrdradek>30 So they move the man in the furthest bed closer to the window
    20<Myrdradek>30 SO the man who is now in the middle bed starts thinking about how close he is to death, and how he wants to see the outside world just a few more times
    20<Myrdradek>30 So he figures out a way to kill the man near the window
    20<Myrdradek>30 Then the next day he does it, and he's moved to that bed.
    20<Myrdradek>30 SO he looks out the window, and is met with a view of a solid brick wall
    20<Myrdradek>30 The end
    20<Myrdradek>30 And that illustrates how I feel about life!
    18<Haruspex> you're going to murder creative and nice people?
    20<Myrdradek>30 Yes
    20<Myrdradek>30 This is also how religion works
    18<Haruspex> rude, man
    MachSpeed said:

I'm not afraid to revisit works I liked as a kid, in fact I usually like to do so if possible.

It's true that some of them really, really do not hold up, though. I liked the 80s Transformers cartoon as a kid, but now it's unwatchable.
  • I have cut a caper with the dancing mad god
     It's never really bothered me if something I liked when I was little doesn't hold up. It's a little disappointing, I guess, since I am unable to have a sense of nostalgia while revisiting it (I'm too busy being distracted by its low quality). Even so, just having the memories of liking it are enough for me. 
  • most stories and series have little bits of things that we can connect to; just that they don't always align together in such a way to resonance with us
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    I guess what I should say is that my adolescence and childhood was sort of unstable and I moved around a lot, so I couldn't latch on to anything. I don't have that sense of nostalgia at all.
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Can someone please screencap the discussions page before it gets to 300.01k comments?

I wish someone had screencapped at 300k comments, but I was just too slow.
    (2015 self)
    You guys are the best there are; and there is no other community to which I could belong more.

I mean, for pete's sake, there are places on the internet like reddit for crying out loud.
  • edited 2015-03-21 03:42:02
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    This is a triplepost.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I'm inferior to pretty much all my friends
  • edited 2015-03-21 03:41:42
    (2015 self)
    Central, you are not inferior.  You are not broken, you are not defective.
  • i was so hype about buying that small bdu shirt for 10 bucks including shipping and then the lady messaged me that she had accidentally sold it at a church sale

she refunded my promptly but im still sad
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    My friends all have neat jobs or are studying worthwhile things or just seem like likable people

I don't have any of that
    Everyone's got a story to tell but me
  • the naney story: the cat was sleepy so he took a nap, he was very cute whilst doing so, the end
  • edited 2015-03-21 04:01:22
    (2015 self)

GOSH DANG IT COLORADO YOUR PLANT IS CROSSING THE BORDERS AND RUINING NEBRASKA'S MEADOWS AND PLAINS.  THE WIND IS INFECTING NEBRASKA'S SOILS WITH YOUR PLANTY DEATH-TAINT.

GOSH-DANG IT, NEBRASKA'S SOILS HAVE ENOUGH TO DEAL WITH WITHOUT YOUR NUTRIENT-SUCKING SANDPLANTS OF SOIL ACIDIFICATION.

THINK OF THE COARSE-LOAMY ARIDIC HAPLUSTOLLS, PEOPLE! THE USTIC  TORRIPSAMMENTS!

NONNY, MY HATRED IS IRRATIONAL AND STRONG.  YOU CERTAINLY DON'T DESERVE THIS AT ALL.

BUT THE PEOPLE NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE DIRT.  WHY DO WE TEACH CHILDREN THE NAMES OF FARAWAY PLANETS AND GALAXIES AND NOT THE TYPES OF THE VERY DIRT FROM WHICH OUR FOOD GROWS?
    Be careful with the Colorado-bashing, Aliroz. You don't want to invoke the wrath of the DEMON HORSE!

It's already claimed the life of its creator!
    (2015 self)
    So, I'm sorry, I shouldn't be exclusively mad at Colorado and Marijuana.  There are other plants that people cultivate that are ruining obscure soils.

But, dang it, marijuana just looks so... punch-able.  I mean, look at its leaves, that is a smug smug plant, and I want to wipe the smile off of its face.
  • We can do anything if we do it together.

My friends all have neat jobs or are studying worthwhile things or just seem like likable people

I don't have any of that
    You have those last two things.

Furthermore, you have had the first on several occasions, and will probably have it again before much longer.
  • The last time my church had a garage sale, I was stuck being that guy who flags down incoming traffic.

Someone also tried to hit on one of the young people, which was hilarious because our unofficial youth leader was there. You'd have better luck stealing a bear cub from her mother.
    (2015 self)
    It's not Colorado I'm mad at, it's cannabis.

Dang asian plant with its higher-than-corn water needs.
  • Aliroz, you're the best. You know why? Because you're the first person to have said the phrase "obscure soils" to me this year. 

Have a dozen Yarrunpoints, on me.
  • kill living beings
    you know, 'asian' describes like a billion plants... most of them, really
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    CentralAve has a story to tell too!
  • My friends all have neat jobs or are studying worthwhile things or just seem like likable people

I don't have any of that
    Today was the first day I'd left the house in a week.

We can get into a boringness contest if u want but I will always win.
  • edited 2015-03-21 04:13:12
    (2015 self)

Be careful with the Colorado-bashing, Aliroz. You don't want to invoke the wrath of the DEMON HORSE!

FORGIVE ME FOR INSULTING YOUR DOMAIN, GREAT ONE.  MIGHT MY WORTHLESS LIFE BE EXCHANGED FOR THE SAFE RETURN OF YOUR WAYWARD MINION?

HE BRINGS WITH HIM THE NIGHTMARES OF SIX HUNDRED CHILDREN.

PLEASE SPARE ME.
  • edited 2015-03-21 04:15:14

Holy shit, it's true.

You thought I was making that up, didn't you?
  • edited 2015-03-21 04:20:41
    (2015 self)

you know, 'asian' describes like a billion plants... most of them, really

True.

But if Nebraska's soils are going to be vampirized and desertified by a life-hating abomination, it should be vampirized and desertified by a Nebraskan life-hating abomination.  Like the Pyralid moth, devouring the Blowout Penstemon as the penstemon valiantly grows on the sand dunes in the wind and blooms into green, eventually becoming the foundation for other plants and insects to start succession and eventually turn a seemingly irreclaimable desert into into green grasslands.  (no seriously, in the 1200's, Nebraska was a desert with sand dunes.)
    masamune
    how the hell is it after midnight already
    (2015 self)

Okay, but seriously, if you're a penstemon, this picture is terrifying.  Except not, because it's a picture on a screen and you don't have eyes.

Anyways I am very sorry if anybody using heapershangout today is an endangered Nebraskan desert plant.

how the hell is it after midnight already

I know, right?
  • And that's two hours ahead of my usual time zone
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.

Everyone's got a story to tell but me

that's how I feel, tbh
  • edited 2015-03-21 04:35:12
    (2015 self)
    Sorry for bashing your homeland, 'Nonny.

You get a 'free bash on Utah' card, usable at any time.
    I didn't know you could insert identity politics onto vegetation.
    (2015 self)
    Neither did I.

I am venturing into unknown latitudes of illogical stupidity here, inventing new and interesting ways to be cringeworthy.

Future me is so going to cringe at this post. Hi future me!

(lol, I'm sleep deprived. I'm going to bed now.)
  • submit yourself to /r/cringeworthy and then say that you're "total cringe" and then log in to a different account and complain that the thing that you submitted as OP isn't cringe enough.
  • The parentals are picking me up for Easter break today, and I haven't packed and my room is a shit tip.

Go me.
    that happened to me a few times
  • edited 2015-03-21 10:28:54
    ಠ_ಠ
    I semi-cleaned my desk last night, and I only need to pack a few things because I'll still be living here for a few weeks after Easter. But my bed is too comfy to leave.
    yeah it's happened to me twice when I had to leave