The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• kanye has been announced as glastonbury headliner this year and there are a lot of very angry white middle aged dads and "born in the wrong generation" 14 y/os
  • yes i'm sure michael eavis will listen to your dumb petition and will drop probably the biggest and most relevant musical artist alive atm and replace him with the reanmated corpse of eric clapton. great work
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Screw Eric Clapton.
    I wonder if I will be the only person to ever really care about antinatalism that's not an antinatalist.

I mean they were given a golden shining opportunity to become relevant with True Detective and they screwed it up.
  • Panurge said:

I wonder if I will be the only person to ever really care about antinatalism that's not an antinatalist.

I mean they were given a golden shining opportunity to become relevant with True Detective and they screwed it up.
    There's probably some other people. Law of large numbers and all that.
    Panurge said:

Screw Eric Clapton.

Yep
  • I bought Shantae: Risky's Revenge on Steam today because I have no self control.
    Macklemore is downright neurotic about the implications of being a white dude in a predominately black artform.

Iggy Azalea aggressively doesn't care about being a white chick doing an imitation of a black man.

There is probably a point I could make about this.
    I hate the abbreviation of "St. Patrick's Day" as "St. Patty's day" mostly because it's not long enough to be abbreviated in the first place, and also because I hate the name Patty.
    St. Patrick wasn't Irish, he was born in Roman-dominated Britain.
  • You're kind of in a rough spot when Tinashe doesn't want to tour with you.
  • Panurge said:

Screw Eric Clapton.

agreed, op.
    St. Patrick's Day is a bizarre celebration of pretending to be a cartoon Irishman for a day.
    The fun thing about the Holy Trinity is that you can't explain it in comprehensible terms without falling into an ancient heresy.
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    I think Jesus said that if you blaspheme against the Holy Spirit then you damn yourself to Hell with the one unforgivable sin.
    Cream said:

I think Jesus said that if you blaspheme against the Holy Spirit then you damn yourself to Hell with the one unforgivable sin.

The Holy Spirit HATES him! Learn how one fallen angel damns people to hell with ONE unforgivable sin!
  • That's generally interpreted as being so closed off against hearing God's word that you no longer feel compelled to improve yourself
  • The seats in this lecture theatre are so bloody low, My knees are up to my chin, that are that low.

Or maybe my legs are just too bloody long. 
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    I used to like KMFDM but now I find them kinda boring.
    Tools said:

The seats in this lecture theatre are so bloody low, My knees are up to my chin, that are that low.

Or maybe my legs are just too bloody long. 
    I skimmed over your post and started worrying that you were bleeding.

Then I realized you're just British.
  • edited 2015-03-17 16:08:13
    ಠ_ಠ
    Yep. Bloody comes into nearly every sentence as an intensifier. 

If I want to refer to something as being "bloody", I used "bleeding" or "blood stained". 

Instead of "a bloody shirt", I use "a blood stained shirt". 
  • Cream said:

I used to like KMFDM but now I find them kinda boring.

saaaame

weirdly enough, i find their super early stuff much more enjoyable and i found it kknda boring before

their lyrics are still firmly emblazoned into my psyche tho
  • "Oh my God, look at the bloody dress" has two meanings. It could mean:

"Oh my God, that dress is coated in blood"

or

"Oh my God, what the fuck is that woman wearing?" 
  • typing in the phone is hell
  • this coat fit when i bought it

now it is almost comically large
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Tools said:

"Oh my God, look at the bloody dress" has two meanings. It could mean:

"Oh my God, that dress is coated in blood"

or

"Oh my God, what the fuck is that woman wearing?" 
    Why not both? #SerialKillerAvenue
  • those poor, innocent serials

what did the love boat ever do to you
  • edited 2015-03-17 16:19:28
    ಠ_ಠ
    FUCKING MARK UP BULLSHIT
  • i have lollipop now, it looks different. thats all
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I don't understand rap
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    doo-wop, now there's a musical genre

• Ludacris is the king of corny jokes in rap songs.
  • Tre said:

Press (X) to Lick

Eww, what kind of games are you playing?
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
  • sunn wolf said:

i have lollipop now, it looks different. thats all

In my experience, it has served as both a blessing and a curse, being the death knell for my battery life on my Moto X and providing a new lease on life for my Kindle Fire.

It also does, indeed, look different. I like the changes they made, though. Android's gotten significantly more cohesive and matured as an OS since the Ice Cream Sandwich days, and I feel like Lollipop is the culmination of that (or, at least, it will be once Google + the manufacturers iron those wrinkles out).
    Lollipop 5.0 was so laggy and unresponsive that it made my 2012 Nexus 7 almost unusable, but 5.0.2 seems to have totally fixed that. It's nice to see that Google's still putting in the effort even for "older" devices.
  • edited 2015-03-17 18:11:21
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Cream said:

The way my religion interprets it, is to have enough understanding to do that, to have such a knowledge of God and of right and wrong, is to have enough understanding and wisdom to not do it in the first place.

Lucifer was in such a position of grace and knowledge and holiness back when he was an angel, he of all beings had the capacity to understand what he was doing, and he did it; and he can never be redeemed.Also, Satan wouldn't accept any redemption, and doesn't want to be redeemed.

Essentially, if you have the capacity to commit the one unforgivable sin, you have the wisdom not to commit the one unforgivable sin.
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    Anyways, Vivaldi's Winter is a fantastic song that I love.
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    da nanananna da da da da ta nananananananna da da da da
    Whenever I try to imagine classical music, that snippet plays in my head.
  • Biology write ups yay
    The Fossils is just Danse Macabre but shorter.

YOU AIN'T FOOLING ME SAINT-SAENS
  • edited 2015-03-17 18:35:16
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    I know, right!

Also, the other snippet in my head for "classical music" is Bach's minuet in G, mostly from the fact that when I have nothing to do with my fingers I sometimes find myself doing the fingering for it.

da na-na-na-na    da na-na,     ta  da-na-na-na    da na-na,     
    dee, deetle deetle dee,      deetle deetle dee,      deetle deetle dee deeeeeee.
    Panurge said:

The Fossils is just Danse Macabre but shorter.

YOU AIN'T FOOLING ME SAINT-SAENS
    Oh man, I'mma have to research/look-up this one.  I only know Saint-Saens' The Swan.
    The Carnival of the Animals is a good piece of music.

I've listened to it while I've done homework a fair amount.
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.