The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    like, take two or three mami tomoes and combine their hair
  • That hair puts my ringlets to shame :<
  • edited 2015-03-15 09:24:11

EU4: Man, the computer loves rolling a 9 when you roll a zero.

I've been trying all day to win the 100 years war as England in Europa Universals 4 and it is fucking hard. I mean, I know that the point given that England lost historically, but this is just ridiculous. It's gotten to the point where I don't even win the first encounter any more and if I do, I lose the second encounter. Just, fuck France (at least the one in EU 4).

Winning the 100 Years War as England is like a super high-level thing, you should probably play more first.

Especially since King Henry is a 0/0/0 at game start.
    Apparently. The tutorial video I watched made it look easier (though still relatively difficult) than it is.

I just got done with another attempt, I was doing pretty well once I remembered the military advisors. Taking the level 1 +5 discipline guy helps so much. I lost one battle which could have been recoverable,  but then the war of the roses happened and the was the nail in the coffin. Is there anyway to avoid that event?
  • On the bright side, I finished my playthrough as Japan, aka remember that time Japan colonized Calfornia and Mexico? Neither do I but it was fun. I ended up 9th overall, but doesn't seem half bad for a first play-through, especially considering that I ended up getting distracted by getting called into a lot of allies losing wars where I just ended up wasting my manpower and time. Plus that time I got completely destroyed in a war by Russia.

I do wish there was an option to keep playing after the game ends, like in Civilization or Total War: Shogun 2.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Happy birthday to the GROUND, Heapers Hangout.
  • EU4: Man, the computer loves rolling a 9 when you roll a zero.

I've been trying all day to win the 100 years war as England in Europa Universals 4 and it is fucking hard. I mean, I know that the point given that England lost historically, but this is just ridiculous. It's gotten to the point where I don't even win the first encounter any more and if I do, I lose the second encounter. Just, fuck France (at least the one in EU 4).

Winning the 100 Years War as England is like a super high-level thing, you should probably play more first.

Especially since King Henry is a 0/0/0 at game start.
    Apparently. The tutorial video I watched made it look easier (though still relatively difficult) than it is.

I just got done with another attempt, I was doing pretty well once I remembered the military advisors. Taking the level 1 +5 discipline guy helps so much. I lost one battle which could have been recoverable,  but then the war of the roses happened and the was the nail in the coffin. Is there anyway to avoid that event?
    Technically yes, but realistically, no.
  • the gameplay has suffered, in terms of the ability to cause mayhem
  • to cause mayhem

may hem

may not hem

hemhemhemhemhemhemhemhemhemhemhemhemhemhemhemhemhemhemhemhemhemhemhemhem
  • in terms of the ability to hem

• aggie engineering

that said, it's got good daytime lighting

certainly better than this basement i'm in now
  • edited 2015-03-15 12:17:38

this is a curious design: the hallway presumably opens directly into the bedroom, and two bedrooms share a common room which is accessible only through the bedrooms

so using the common room is a little awkward for anyone except for those four people living in this suite
  • Natsuki Niña, sleeping the day away
  • Not safe for Aliroz

The Night Vale Public Library will be expanding into a second branch: the Night Vale Private Library. This library will be right next door to the current location and will be available only to one person: local billionaire Marcus Vanston. It will contain thousands of books on any given subject, an interactive children’s area shaped like a full-sized pirate ship, and a biography section featuring not just biographies of Helen Hunt, but also biographies of Sean Penn.

Plans include floor-to-ceiling windows facing the Public Library, which Marcus, the only person who will ever be allowed inside, says he will use to stroll nude through his library, staring ordinary citizens in the eyes as he does not read or make any use of the towers of books around him.

Marcus continued, “Maybe I will pick up a book and open it as though I were going to read it, but then reveal to those watching that I am holding it upside-down before laughing and throwing the book away! I’m not sure. I haven’t planned out every moment. I will definitely be nude, though.”

• she was given the codename Niña, in correspondence with her partner's codename, Nao, in that both are named for climate phenomenon, and hers specifically is a pun on "ninja", in reference to her physical movement capabilities
  • Not safe for Aliroz

The Night Vale Public Library will be expanding into a second branch: the Night Vale Private Library. This library will be right next door to the current location and will be available only to one person: local billionaire Marcus Vanston. It will contain thousands of books on any given subject, an interactive children’s area shaped like a full-sized pirate ship, and a biography section featuring not just biographies of Helen Hunt, but also biographies of Sean Penn.

Plans include floor-to-ceiling windows facing the Public Library, which Marcus, the only person who will ever be allowed inside, says he will use to stroll nude through his library, staring ordinary citizens in the eyes as he does not read or make any use of the towers of books around him.

Marcus continued, “Maybe I will pick up a book and open it as though I were going to read it, but then reveal to those watching that I am holding it upside-down before laughing and throwing the book away! I’m not sure. I haven’t planned out every moment. I will definitely be nude, though.”

can we go plunder his riches and then make his library public and pay for a viewing platform in the middle of the formerly private library with one-way windows where he can strip naked and can still see everyone around him?
  • because that would be much more beneficial to the rest of us and tells him to take his wealth-flaunting and shove it and puts his wealth to good use
  • seriously if your problem with making money is that other people's using your money disincentivizes you from making money, then you have a bigger problem, of selfishness

also seriously i haven't ever read/seen/listened to night vale
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Next you'll complain about Scrooge McDuck swimming in his money.

It's fiction, calm down.
  • He's backed by the secret police. So, yeah, any attempt to stop him from being obnoxiously rich would probably end in our disappearance.
  • the secret police need to be overthrown too
    Chill.

Dude, you can't just overthrow the secret police. You can't even talk about overthrowing the secret police. They have, like, everything bugged.
  • naney said:

i have submitted a job corps application

jobcore
  • naney said:

i am reading successful grants for arts education funding and one of them is a massive block of text, no paragraphs or headers or anything and they landed a $40,000 grant to teach senior citizens sculpting

if ive learned one thing from talking about funding with academics it's thaat, compared to britain, in america they love throwing funding around like candy
  • you will be happy to know that my father is no longer engaged to a trans woman from the philippines

now he is engaged to a cis woman from czechoslovakia
  • sunn wolf said:

naney said:

i am reading successful grants for arts education funding and one of them is a massive block of text, no paragraphs or headers or anything and they landed a $40,000 grant to teach senior citizens sculpting

if ive learned one thing from talking about funding with academics it's thaat, compared to britain, in america they love throwing funding around like candy
  • kill living beings
    naney said:

sunn wolf said:

naney said:

jesus christ!

Dude, you can't just overthrow the secret police. You can't even talk about overthrowing the secret police. They have, like, everything bugged.
    crush their bugs and then storm their headquarters

destroy their apparatus
  • Their headquarters is apparently a hovering office somewhere above the clouds.

And no, we can't just use a helicopter. They control the helicopters, and they don't exactly land.
  • edited 2015-03-15 18:42:57

i have acquired a lightning cable

i may now charge my phone

also i can now fit into a target size small

man if i actually get down into the 150 lbs range what on earth am i going to wear
  • An hour and a half after I started, I have finally finished typing up my calculations.

Thank the fucking baby Jesus.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    2 hours sleep + 8 hour work day = slightly loopy Imipillows
  • you are not a hot mom.
  • or a sexy grandma for that matter
  • or even a small cog in the machine of glo8al domin8ion.
    :(
  • As opposed to the girl who worked at the pharmacy I used to go to, 8ecause she made an excellent minion.
  • Vriska said:

you are not a hot mom.

Vriska said:

or a sexy grandma for that matter

Vriska said:

or even a small cog in the machine of glo8al domin8ion.

totally stealing these

DEAD RAT JACKET
    I wanna be a cog
  • I wanna be a cog

do you want to be Cogswell? You can be voiced by Daws Butler then
  • Well, that is a thing.

of........ some kind of color.

that's a very serious album cover
  • also: contains a hazy blissed-out hip-hop rework of fleetwood mac's "little lies"

this is good
    ooh, milkmakers
    I mean z
  • I wanna be a cog

Which one?  Carl, Quentin, one of the lady cogs, or Mr. Big Cog?
    who are these people? I don't even know
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    "I'm the best ever. I'm the most brutal and vicious, and most ruthless atheist there's ever been. There's no one can stop me. VenomfangX is a conqueror? No, I'm Alexander, he's no Alexander. I'm the best ever! There's never been anybody as ruthless! I'm Christoper Hitchens, I'm Sam Harris. There's no one like me. I'm from their cloth. There's no one that can match me. My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart! I want to eat his children! Praise be to Dawkins!"

-The Amazing Atheist, on VenomfangX