Discussion of TV Tropes

Comments

• edited 2012-02-27 22:41:42
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I lament that "Absent people." is now ground zero for drama; it wasn't like this before a few months ago.
  • Nothing used to be this way before.

At some point, things began escalating and nothing can keep it down.

I still think that someone's going to try and pull a coup one of these days. Well, not an actual coup (it would be kind of insane for someone to fly into the Bahamas and force Fast Eddie off), but a big uprising that'll result in a whole lot of people getting banned at once.

I'm kind of waiting for that to happen before I quit for good, if only because I want to see the fuse to this explosive up close.
    I always thought that the idea of "revolution against Eddie" was kinda silly, honestly. Though I do know that leaving outright is not easy to do.
  • I tried giving up, but it didn't work.

So now I'm weaning myself off.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    ^ That's what I had to do, more or less.

Eventually, I just kinda lost interest. Especially since most of the people who were keeping me there post here now.
  • Indeed.

Hell, I really have no reason to go back at all, I guess I do out of habit...

Leechblock?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Leechblock is unavailable for Firefox 11.0. XD
  • The sadness will last forever.
    I tried giving up, but it didn't work.
  • I still have a few important ties to Tvtropes, specifically Aliroz and the Touhou Compendium. The former can be dealt with via alternative contact methods, but the latter presents a more concrete problem.
  • I'd miss Music.

It's pretty much the only completely drama-free subforum by now.
    I admit it...the only part I miss is Forum Games because it didn't have much drama and I had some friends there.
  • It's pretty much the only completely drama-free subforum by now.

You must have a lot of patience.

Not to say there is drama there--there's usually not--but some of the people there are rather annoying. 

• I like most everyone there.

Meta Four, Litis, Nil Admrilari, Alkabth, JHM....
  • I still blame SA and people who take them seriously :p
  • Eh, I learned more about literary analysis reading that thread then I ever did at TVT.
  • I'm a loser. Also, Creeper. And a woman.
    Well, SA is a horrible place to even try to look for TVTropes stuff. They severely exaggerate the bad stuff AND don't even know what's going on. That, and they do nothing but mock us, so why listen to 'em?

Hell, I even banned links to SA stuff in my chat since there's absolutely no good that can come out of it.
  • Because they actually know things about literary analysis?

And what is your thing with your chat?
    No, because they act like jerks about stuff and mock people for no good reason.

It's a chat room I made for various reasons. Mostly for mature subjects to be talked about without worries or limits.(although there are SOME limits)
  • Well, being a jerk makes you a jerk. It doesn't stop you from being right.
  • I think the problem isn't even so much SA themselves as people who think that A) everyone on SA has the same opinion on everything. Because clearly they're a hive mind and not a collection of people, and B) that everything said by a goon is wholly, 100% true, no exceptions.

Well, being a jerk makes you a jerk. It doesn't stop you from being right.

Y'know I hate it when people say this. It's true, but so is the opposite, which is that being a jerk doesn't automatically make you right either.

• LWLW
    edited 2012-02-28 13:41:17

Anonus,
    I lament that "Absent people." is now ground zero for drama; it wasn't like this before a few months ago.
    Yeah, I agree that reading through that thread can be a bit frustrating these days, especially the "slamming the door on the way out" posts and the ambiguous "there are some problem people here" ones.
  • Well, the thread is one big circlejerk, but I've found I agree with them a vast majority of the time.
  • edited 2012-02-28 01:04:58

"Eh, I learned more about literary analysis reading that thread then I ever did at TVT."

I learned more about literary analysis from taking a literary analysis class than I did at TVT.

• It'd be nice to take one of those, my English class (*Documentary Analysis, but it's an English credit*) doesn't touch on literary analysis much.

It's one of the main reasons I wanna go to college, actually. That and learning more music theory.
    I don't see anything wrong with the SA thread about TVT.
  • I change my mind.
  • You mean, aside from it taking things out of context, being just plain misinformed and deliberately trying to be insulting to the people it talks about? Yeah, nothing wrong with that
    You can see why it's banned from both TVTropes and my chat. :P
  • It's not banned from TVT, I've mentioned it numerous times right in front of various moderators.
    Well, you can't directly link to it, last I checked. I know that sometimes it gets locked or whatever.

Plus, there's no point in discussing something that is there to just mock and not give constructive criticism.

The actual Let's Plays of SA are often discussed, but that may only be because they're not a big deal.
  • I've lurked in the Music threads there, they seem nice, and the people there friendly.
  • Knowledgeable too.
    ...could you elaborate on that?
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    I can't imagine TV Tropes being all that good at baseball...even the type of baseball where you didn't have to move all that much...
  • edited 2012-02-28 02:48:40
  • edited 2012-02-28 02:49:14

That server didn't have shit.
  • Websites aren't exactly known for their mad hoop skillz.

• ^ Ok, maybe that one.
  • edited 2012-02-28 03:17:45
    Motherheap? What's that?
  • edited 2012-02-28 03:17:28
    I'd been there since it was pure wonderposting; it moved absurdly slowly then, as those who wanted to wonderpost were doing it in IJBM instead. It did feel kind of strange when it started moving towards actual conversation.

We all stuck it out for a great long time even we would have conversations and not shit-post as much.

I think the general building drama of the forum in general and having a place to go slowly pushed many people here.
  • I'm just here to gay the place up
    Hows every pony doing?
  • edited 2012-02-28 03:18:52
    The sadness will last forever.
    I love this forum.

^ Great!
This discussion has been closed.