like rocking the fuck out
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    hair salon
    cherry cheesecake
    mass media
    I am leaving for work now. When I return I expect to see at least one picture of Nicolas Cage in this thread.
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)

I am leaving for work now. When I return I expect to see at least one picture of Nicolas Cage in this thread.

It will happen if you read The King's Shadow by Elizabeth Alder.
  • Smee, Maiman, Doktar, Pavelier, Button-Lee, Juan Ovyu
    Good cosplay (Impressed)
    (2015 self)
    Reason number twelve to hate Axis Powers Hetalia and its fandom:

The archive tag FRANCE is used to indicate that a fanfic contains rape. It is also used to indicate the presence of the character France in a fanfic.
  • kill living beings
    wat
    HETARIA is DUST
    POLANDBALL is GOD
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    naney said:

why own ESPN when you could own something more glamorous

like an on-site sanitation service

To be fair, ESPN has Nate Silver and Keith Olbermann, both of whom I really like. Also the Pardon the Interruption guys, who despite my indifference to sports are really fun to watch.
    (2015 self)

Apparently, it comes from the common fan perception of France/Francis as a rapist (a common example is the Norman Conquest).
  • kill living beings
    wat
    Aliroz said:

Apparently, it comes from the common fan perception of France/Francis as a rapist (a common example is the Norman Conquest).

Hetalia might not be my cup of tea, but I have nothing against it per se. However, its fandom is incredibly asinine.
    Hetalia is shit.

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit
  • Aliroz said:

Hetalia might not be my cup of tea, but I have nothing against it per se. However, its fandom is incredibly asinine.
    that's what people tend to be when they're 13 yes
    True point. But the adult fans are so much worse.

But then, when you still think like you're thirteen...
  • kill living beings
    if you want to watch an anime with weird natinoal stereotypes why not Witch Vasenka's War? 100% more bears eating people. get on this, internet
  • so I have a technical question that I am not even sure how to phrase

basically I'm trying to play WebTiles (the online server for DungeonCrawl StoneSoup)

I have most of the connection set up but for some reason I can't type in the terminal anymore after putting in the default username

(2015 self)

if you want to watch an anime with weird natinoal stereotypes why not Witch Vasenka's War? 100% more bears eating people. get on this, internet

Hmm.

Does it ignore Japanese atrocities in WWII and portray Korea as adoring Japan?

If not, I'll have to check it out.
  • kill living beings

so I have a technical question that I am not even sure how to phrase

basically I'm trying to play WebTiles (the online server for DungeonCrawl StoneSoup)

I have most of the connection set up but for some reason I can't type in the terminal anymore after putting in the default username

Try entering the password anyway, and then hitting enter. Usually the password isn't displayed (even as *s or something) on linux, as you're typing.
    Aliroz said:

Hmm.

haha nope, it's entirely about the eastern front. i dont' think there are even any asians in it, other than some siberians maybe
  • Aliroz said:

Hmm.

I think it mostly focuses on the Eastern European front?
  • man, "eastern front" in a WWII context is a really really weird term
  • the earth is spherical you guys and longitude is basically cyclical
  • huh, thanks Klino.

that did not even occur to me.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Hetalia is awful. Its presence is awful.
  • despite being called WebTiles this is in ASCII.

I have been lied to.
    I think CIA survived the plane crash.

Big guy wonders who would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane. The answer is someone who has been thrown out of a plane and survived
  • and you can't use the click interface on WebTiles

well so much for that experiment.
  • kill living beings
    Wilhelm said:

man, "eastern front" in a WWII context is a really really weird term

to be fair, there weren't much in the way of fronts. you had island hopping in the ocean, and in mainland china you mainly had a clusterfuck
  • I mostly just wanted to be able to take screenshots

not being able to take screenshots in Crawl without using the (awful because you can't make it a fullscreen window) windowed mode, which you have to go into the config file to enable in the first place.

Wilhelm said:

man, "eastern front" in a WWII context is a really really weird term

to be fair, there weren't much in the way of fronts. you had island hopping in the ocean, and in mainland china you mainly had a clusterfuck
    This reminds me: Most people forget that there was a massive civil war going on in China during WWI in Europe, and that strictly speaking WWII started there years before it broke out in the Western Hemisphere.
  • kill living beings
    well the "chinese civil war" didn't really get going until the 20s, before that it was mostly a bunch of generals being crazy assholes. but yeah it's "weird" how people forget all the sino-japanese stuff. not like "world war" is a very strict term anyway
    (2015 self)

Hetalia is awful. Its presence is awful.

Just be glad that Singapore isn't mentioned in Hetalia.

Eiuuuuuugh, Hetalia Sweden. What a creep.
  • Tre said:

Donatello saying "bazinga" would be hilarious.

Do you ever want to go back in time and punch yourself in the face?
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Tre said:

Tre said:

Donatello saying "bazinga" would be hilarious.

Do you ever want to go back in time and punch yourself in the face?
    Did he actually say "bazinga"?

Because if he did, Warner Bros. would like a word with Paramount

well the "chinese civil war" didn't really get going until the 20s, before that it was mostly a bunch of generals being crazy assholes. but yeah it's "weird" how people forget all the sino-japanese stuff. not like "world war" is a very strict term anyway

Oh yeah, the warlords period, true.

It's sort of like the Sino-Japanese side to both World Wars was more one continuous hailstorm of suck rather than any distinct series of conflicts, at least looking at it in retrospect; there's murder and dickery on a grand scale, then a civil war, then more war, then a fucking invasion complete with massive atrocities...

China has a pretty bloody history, doesn't it? I mean, even if we look at all of Europe as on par and think of China as a bunch of connected states rather than one country, the sheer scale of certain disasters and wars there simply in the last seven hundred years is mind-boggling. Two hundred thousand people drown in a night, millions are slaughtered in rebellions, an earthquake devours counties - it's really just astonishing.

zimbabwe

Hungary.

Inflation, totalitarianism.
  • kill living beings

China has a pretty bloody history, doesn't it? I mean, even if we look at all of Europe as on par and think of China as a bunch of connected states rather than one country, the sheer scale of certain disasters and wars there simply in the last seven hundred years is mind-boggling. Two hundred thousand people drown in a night, millions are slaughtered in rebellions, an earthquake devours counties - it's really just astonishing.

well europe had its own shit, like the lisbon quake and the black death. even the third pandemic wasn't that bad i don't think.

don't care to compare tho
    hey seldor
    wat penys
    r u watcing cartoon????????????¿?¿?¿¿¿?¿
    its not car toon it image
    derrrr wuz gurl in muh sckool côld annie may

FORMER YUGOSLAVIC REPUBLIC OF MACEDONIA
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Aliroz said:

Folks are making fan characters about that. Makes me angry.

well europe had its own shit, like the lisbon quake and the black death. even the third pandemic wasn't that bad i don't think.

don't care to compare tho
    True point. The Black Death and the various plagues before it were... something.

Aliroz said:

Folks are making fan characters about that. Makes me angry.
    It's not worth getting angry about.
    First it was Japanese devs, then it was people with anime avatars and now it's poor Notch, can anything escape the wrath of le angry gopherman? :^(
    (2015 self)
    So, I saw Mean Girls today.

Hated it.
    I saw Guardians of the Galaxy and How to Train Your Dragon 2.

I liked them