The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• edited 2014-08-16 03:25:36
    Munch munch, chomp chomp...

Crystal said:

Crystal said:

Xia Xia is certainly a character. Also, your mentioning of Verdi reminds me that she's an Anima, and further, how all of the Anima so far have such boring fights. YHS and Lo Po Bia Ren are all right, but Sung just sort of disappears while Ren gets wiped. I want entertaining Shinheuh controllers, gosh darn it!

Honestly, I didn't mind Ren getting whipped. I forgot about him when I was talking about the characters I liked and disliked, but was the other character I absolutely hated, so him getting curb stomped was just too cathartic for me to not find it enjoyable. But yeah I can see your point about their fights beings subpar.
    I didn't like him so much as I like his ability a whole lot. Characters that can control/summon/etc. other things are absolutely in my good books, at least as far as abilities go.
    Yeah, it's a cool ability, but I loved seeing his smug face get obliterated in one hit.

Spoiler:
    Just got to the deathmatch between Anak Zahard and Koon Ran. The part where Parakewl comes out of the water screaming "long term" and accidentally eliminating both of them is the best thing in the entire comic so far and if wasn't 3 in the morning I would be laughing so hard right now. Also I think it might have gotten brought up, but who is the guy in the mask with blonde hair who is doing the gambling? I feel like I've missed that detail about who he is.

Oh, well that's a spoiler. Sort of. Once you think about it/figure it out it's kind of like "Well, of course that would be the case." Also fair enough, I just do love me some smug...
    Spoiler:
    It's Koon.

And at the rate you're going, you'll soon be seeing where I took my avatar from, and probably why I like Hwa Ryun. Nice.
  • edited 2014-08-16 03:33:56

Crystal said:

Crystal said:

Crystal said:

Xia Xia is certainly a character. Also, your mentioning of Verdi reminds me that she's an Anima, and further, how all of the Anima so far have such boring fights. YHS and Lo Po Bia Ren are all right, but Sung just sort of disappears while Ren gets wiped. I want entertaining Shinheuh controllers, gosh darn it!

Honestly, I didn't mind Ren getting whipped. I forgot about him when I was talking about the characters I liked and disliked, but was the other character I absolutely hated, so him getting curb stomped was just too cathartic for me to not find it enjoyable. But yeah I can see your point about their fights beings subpar.
    I didn't like him so much as I like his ability a whole lot. Characters that can control/summon/etc. other things are absolutely in my good books, at least as far as abilities go.
    Yeah, it's a cool ability, but I loved seeing his smug face get obliterated in one hit.

Spoiler:
    Just got to the deathmatch between Anak Zahard and Koon Ran. The part where Parakewl comes out of the water screaming "long term" and accidentally eliminating both of them is the best thing in the entire comic so far and if wasn't 3 in the morning I would be laughing so hard right now. Also I think it might have gotten brought up, but who is the guy in the mask with blonde hair who is doing the gambling? I feel like I've missed that detail about who he is.

Oh, well that's a spoiler. Sort of. Once you think about it/figure it out it's kind of like "Well, of course that would be the case." Also fair enough, I just do love me some smug...
    Spoiler:
    It's Koon.

And at the rate you're going, you'll soon be seeing where I took my avatar from, and probably why I like Hwa Ryun. Nice.
    I kind of figured that would be the case, I was just confused because of the blond hair and the fact that the author drew his eyes bluer than he usually does, at least to my perspective.

Spoiler:
    Also, Lero-ro is back. My wish has been granted.

Also also, Rak beating the shit out of Parakewl in his tiny gator body is just too funny.

• "REVOLUTION FREEDOM!"

Parakewl is still the best.
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    I never cared for Parakewl. I get that his joke is that he is a joke compared to the others, and is just there to do silly things, being the comic relief character. But the things he does haven't amused me, and I dislike his design. I find the jabs back and forth between Ran and Anak to be more amusing, their actually getting some development aside.

It's also way past when I meant to go to bed. Have fun, I look forward to reading and responding to your commentary. Night.
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Stepsister's wedding today.
  • Crystal said:

I never cared for Parakewl. I get that his joke is that he is a joke compared to the others, and is just there to do silly things, being the comic relief character. But the things he does haven't amused me, and I dislike his design. I find the jabs back and forth between Ran and Anak to be more amusing, their actually getting some development aside.

It's also way past when I meant to go to bed. Have fun, I look forward to reading and responding to your commentary. Night.
    He's a one note character for sure, but I can't help but be amused by his stupidity.

Have a good night's sleep. I'm calling it a night too, so I'll finish the rest of Tower of God tomorrow.
  • while the mice are away, the cat will play
  • edited 2014-08-16 04:25:11

Okay, last comment of the evening.

One of the semi-final opponents apparently has a fire dragonslayer on their team.
  • petition to have every fictional work narrated by Speedwagon
  • fuck i really, really need to buy some non-moisturizing shampoo
  • non-exhaustive list of things that make naney happy:

* non-moisturizing non-volumizing good quality shampoo

* gyros

* body horror

* cats

* the beau

* clothes
  • it's 4 in the morning and this forum is alllll mine motherfuckers
  • joseph joestar is amazing
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Brands owned by Classic Media include
    Underdog, who is slated to do battle with Hong Kong Phooey because they're both owned by the same company now and this company loves its cartoon characters

Even though I feel a sense of shame in that, and I feel that I should focus on Time Warner's more "socially acceptable" assets like TBS and TNT
  • edited 2014-08-16 05:28:48

Anonus said:

Brands owned by Classic Media include

the father, the son and the holy ghost
    "No, you should focus on the *jerks around in his best attempt at dancing*" - Jeff Bewkes
    I am filled with a sense of self-loathing

I worry that consciously trying to be funny would be too lolrandom right now
    Marvel Comics
    Marvel Comics Peanut Butter
    Yes it's Marvel Comics brand peanut butter

It's a better idea than Craftsman hot sauce at least
  • A media proprietor or media mogul refers to a successful
    entrepreneur or businessperson who controls, through personal ownership
    or via a dominant position in any mass media related company or
    enterprise consumed by a large number of individuals. Those with
    significant control, ownership, and influence of a large company in the mass media may also be called a tycoon, baron, or business magnate.
    CBS is boring

But it has history

If I owned it people would look at me like I were made of gold and say, "That man owns CBS. CBS is prestigious. ABC has no class. It's WORTHLESS JUNK"
    "Also that man owns the MGM library. The real MGM library, not that shitty hodgepodge the fake MGM passes off as 'the MGM library.' More prestige for the king of prestige!"
    Also Classic Media does not own God

Also Also Also
  • edited 2014-08-16 05:42:37

Anonus said:

CBS is boring

But it has history

If I owned it people would look at me like I were made of gold
    nah mate, they'd look at you like a person who has a lot of money

if you want them to look at you like you're made of gold you should turn yourself into Walter Cronkite or something
  • i wonder what makes vanilla add a bunch whitespace to the ends of my posts sometimes
    You just reminded me that I worry that Roone Arledge's ghost would be upset with me for ditching ABC and allowing it to fall into the wrong hands
  • no idea who that is
  • edited 2014-08-16 05:50:49
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    The architect of ABC News and ABC Sports, which died in 2006 and was resurrected by my actions in 2011 after the Dread Disney let go of ABC
    But I can't wait for Disney to wreck Fox

It's gonna be glorious

Dipper and Mabel will visit Quahog or something
  • As of August 2013, approximately 97,736,000 American households (85.58% of households with television) receive ESPN.

Rupert Murdoch will look on and cry, then count his money and stop crying

Bye bye Fox News no one sane will miss you

Also expect Disney to water down FX with kiddie shows because they made Marvel kiddie and for gays
    But naney, I own ESPN

Doesn't that make you happy

I also own Adventure Time
    christ what's with me

all I'm thinking about now are mass media and penises
  • why own ESPN when you could own something more glamorous

like an on-site sanitation service
  • sports journalism
    Do any on-site sanitation services own the entire city of Bristol, Connecticut? No, they do not

MY LITTLE PONY IS THE BEST FANDOM
    naney said:

sports journalism

The J.M. Smucker Company
    Spot and Twilight Sparkle are both voiced by Tara Strong, but she doesn't remember doing Spot's voice

1990s classic 101 Dalmatians: The Series which was also naney's favorite show at 4 1/2 centuries old
  • huh, OnSite is an actual specific company and on-site sanitation isn't like a generic word for a porta-potty rental company

you learn something new every day
    The previews on a VHS of Fucker! Fucker! (1997)
    naney said:

huh, OnSite is an actual specific company and on-site sanitation isn't like a generic word for a porta-potty rental company

you learn something new every day

My mental image of on-site sanitation were shit-pumping trucks coming when some place floods with shit
  • Anonus said:

all I'm thinking about now are mass media and penises

Welcome to the club. :P

• ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)

I am thinking about anoles.
  • edited 2014-08-16 12:37:51
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I dreamed they finally found a way to put out the Centralia mine fire

The catch was that it could only be done by Canadian Mounties
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    why would anyone want to stop it
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Because Mounties are awesome, I guess?
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    there are better things they could be doing