The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Oh hey, so you'll be seeing the other devil soon, neat. It's been some time since I've gone through all, or really much at all, of Tower of God, but I can see what you mean. There are some issues with fitting in everything that SIU wants to fit in. I read it through here since it's easier on the eyes. Aside from Koon and Rak, and YHS, who else do you like or dislike?
  • in and around the lake
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    mountains come out of the sky
  • I have always heard "mountains" as "mallards"
  • now im trying to remember the first time i heard Roundabout.

must have been really young, jeez.

8 i think?
  • edited 2014-08-16 00:30:58

Crystal said:

Oh hey, so you'll be seeing the other devil soon, neat. It's been some time since I've gone through all, or really much at all, of Tower of God, but I can see what you mean. There are some issues with fitting in everything that SIU wants to fit in. I read it through here since it's easier on the eyes. Aside from Koon and Rak, and YHS, who else do you like or dislike?

I really liked Baam in the first part of the story, but not so much in the second part of the story. It's not that I dislike him, but he just feels somewhat blander than he did in the first part, though it's feels like the story kind of drove him in that direction rather than it happening naturally as a result of character development. I like Baam's team, even Prince and Ja Wangnan, even though they really annoyed me at first. Also, I liked all of the people in the group that gathered together at the end of part 1, especially Ship Leesoo and Androssi Zahard. Haven't quite decided how I feel about Hwa Ryun (eyepatch girl from FUG) and Ha Jinsung (trainer dude). Still kind of on the fence about them, so I'll have to see where the story takes their characters. Favorite character is overall Yuri Zahard and Yu Han Sung is the only person I actively despise, but the jury isn't out on several characters, especially Rachel. Also, how Koon got Dan to join his team was awesome. "You gotta trust trustworthy people" indeed.

Also, finally know what your avatar is know.
    naney said:

now im trying to remember the first time i heard Roundabout.

must have been really young, jeez.

8 i think?

I was like 19
  • my dad really likes prog
  • amongst other things
    my dad liked Bach
    and Liszt and Rachmaninoff
  • So..... Rachel is now solidly in the hate her guts section.

Spoiler:
    Poor Dan.

• edited 2014-08-16 00:59:41
    Munch munch, chomp chomp...

Crystal said:

I really liked Baam in the first part of the story, but not so much in the second part of the story. It's not that I dislike him, but he just feels somewhat blander than he did in the first part, though it's feels like the story kind of drove him in that direction rather than it happening naturally as a result of character development. I like Baam's team, even Prince and Ja Wangnan, even though they really annoyed me at first. Also, I liked all of the people in the group that gathered together at the end of part 1, especially Ship Leesoo and Androssi Zahard. Haven't quite decided how I feel about Hwa Ryun (eyepatch girl from FUG) and Ha Jinsung (trainer dude). Still kind of on the fence about them, so I'll have to see where the story takes their characters. Favorite character is overall Yuri Zahard and Yu Han Sung is the only person I actively despise, but the jury isn't out on several characters, especially Rachel. Also, how Koon got Dan to join his team was awesome. "You gotta trust trustworthy people" indeed.

Also, finally know what your avatar is know.
    I can see that. He tends to stand around being a brooding sad dude that broods. It happens reasonably enough given what YHS and co. were able to plan, but the execution leaves something to be desired, if memory serves. Ship and Androssi keep being cool, and I think the former's in my top ten. Hatsu is neat... if one of the weaker characters overall. An issue I kind of have with the series is how many characters tend to stay a bit static. It's fine with folks like Koon and Hatsu because the former manages to keep everything around him interesting, and doesn't really need to change that much given how seasons 1 and 2 have gone so far. Hatsu stays far enough in the background and is just a skilled normal dude that it doesn't really matter. Ja Wangnan on the other hand feels like he's progressed with the story, and is still interesting given how SIU likes bringing in all these new characters (though, I pretty much like all of them, for what it's worth). Ha Jinsung, like Karaka, I hope will show up more. They're both certainly more interesting than the Mad Dog. Hwa Ryun is an easy favorite, though I doubt that's a surprise.

And yeah, I've been considering cropping a part of chapter 192 to replace this, except I've grown used to the satisfied look she has.
    Spoiler:
    You're looking awfully smug there, Hwa Ryun, for having SPOILERS, you're not there yet.

^ Yeah, that's not really nice of her.
  • and Liszt and Rachmaninoff

My dad was more of a fan of Beethoven, but he did enjoy some Rachmaninoff and other late romantic composers.

Though the biggest things he was a fan of, outside of general classic rock, was big band swing and dixieland jazz and soul. I got my love of Ella Fitzgerald from him.
  • I am home from my last day of work.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that job, I am glad it's over.

On the topic of classic rock, I heard Kansas' "Carry On, My Wayward Son" for the first time the other day and thought it was pretty cool. I liked the piano.
    I don't think my dad was ever much for Beethoven, oddly.

Man, they used to play "Carry On My Wayward Son" like every 20 minutes on the radio. I wonder if they still do.
  • Crystal said:

I can see that. He tends to stand around being a brooding sad dude that broods. It happens reasonably enough given what YHS and co. were able to plan, but the execution leaves something to be desired, if memory serves. Ship and Androssi keep being cool, and I think the former's in my top ten. Hatsu is neat... if one of the weaker characters overall. An issue I kind of have with the series is how many characters tend to stay a bit static. It's fine with folks like Koon and Hatsu because the former manages to keep everything around him interesting, and doesn't really need to change that much given how seasons 1 and 2 have gone so far. Hatsu stays far enough in the background and is just a skilled normal dude that it doesn't really matter. Ja Wangnan on the other hand feels like he's progressed with the story, and is still interesting given how SIU likes bringing in all these new characters (though, I pretty much like all of them, for what it's worth). Ha Jinsung, like Karaka, I hope will show up more. They're both certainly more interesting than the Mad Dog. Hwa Ryun is an easy favorite, though I doubt that's a surprise.

And yeah, I've been considering cropping a part of chapter 192 to replace this, except I've grown used to the satisfied look she has.

Yeah, it's not bad in concept, but the execution isn't the best. I most enjoyed Hatsu when he had someone to play off of him. As you said he's kind of weak as a character, but not a bad character. Yeah, I can see what you mean about characters staying a bit static. I wish we saw more of Yuri Zahard. So far, where I'm at a part 2, she only showed up at the beginning and hasn't been seen since. I want to now what the deal is with Headon too and the deal he made with Rachel, I want to know more about that and it hasn't come back up so far.
  • fight. dream. horse. love.
    I am home from my last day of work.
    hey, me too
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I find it very bizarre that like four of us are quitting our jobs in the span of a week or so
  • I don't think my dad was ever much for Beethoven, oddly.

Man, they used to play "Carry On My Wayward Son" like every 20 minutes on the radio. I wonder if they still do.

I can see it. My dad actually has a 200th anniversary Beethoven collection on vinyl, so yeah.
  • my last day of work was also today but i feel like crap for not giving sufficient notice

i wanna like send a card or something to my supervisor

idk
  • my coworkers were such lovely human beings and even though i only worked with them a few days i will miss them a good deal

but i simply couldn't deal with all the handling raw chicken
  • edited 2014-08-16 01:17:01

dont worry too much about your weird fetishes or the kind of art you
    draw for fun because one of my fave artists i followed since years ago
    was known (and is still known) for his work almost exclusively featuring
    naked anime girls squirting milk from their boobs with their guts
    falling out and now he makes pixel art featured in disney cartoons so
    never give up okay
    the most inspirational tumblr post
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I still want an Oreo-Cool Whip salad
  • Anonus said:

I still want an Oreo-Cool Whip salad

no bruh trust me on this
  • edited 2014-08-16 01:24:09
    For what it's worth, Yuri does show up more later on here and there, and I expect her to play a pretty important direct part in these upcoming chapters. Headon I also want to see some more of, but I'm guessing he'll only be elaborated on as the Tower's infrastructure is. Rachel's the same case as Yuri, except she shows up a bit more often. I think to say much more would verge on spoilers.

Another issue I forgot is the romance. I don't actually mind romance, or even a lot of it, all of it so far just feels incidental to the main story. Out there in the periphery, more like, and in need of some work. Setting aside that most of the girls like Baam in some fashion, the motives for all of that just feels weak. Androssi is the worst about this, I think (might have to check who else this applies to later). It's not so bad because it's not like I'm reading this for the romance, but since it's there I hope it improves.

^^ That sounds... unappetizing.
  • Crystal said:

For what it's worth, Yuri does show up more later on here and there, and I expect her to play a pretty important direct part in these upcoming chapters. Headon I also want to see some more of, but I'm guessing he'll only be elaborated on as the Tower's infrastructure is. Rachel's the same case as Yuri, except she shows up a bit more often. I think to say much more would verge on spoilers.

Another issue I forgot is the romance. I don't actually mind romance, or even a lot of it, all of it so far just feels incidental to the main story. Out there in the periphery, more like, and in need of some work. Setting aside that most of the girls like Baam in some fashion, the motives for all of that just feels weak. Androssi is the worst about this, I think (might have to check who else this applies to later). It's not so bad because it's not like I'm reading this for the romance, but since it's there I hope it improves.

^^ That sounds... unappetizing.
    Okay, cool. Good to hear that about Yuri. I figured as much would be the case with Rachel.

Yeah, I can see what you mean about the romance. I'm pretty indifference to the hints of it that have showed up, to be honest.

I hope Lero-ro shows up more too. I really like him and the last time I saw him was the arcade in the 77th floor.
    "naked anime girls squirting milk from their boobs with their guts falling out"

I was ok with this until "their guts"
  • I am home from my last day of work.
    hey, me too

I find it very bizarre that like four of us are quitting our jobs in the span of a week or so

*high fives*

^yeah same like that started out weird but then it just got kind of disturbing.
  • kill living beings
    naney said:

dont worry too much about your weird fetishes or the kind of art you
    draw for fun because one of my fave artists i followed since years ago
    was known (and is still known) for his work almost exclusively featuring
    naked anime girls squirting milk from their boobs with their guts
    falling out and now he makes pixel art featured in disney cartoons so
    never give up okay
    the most inspirational tumblr post
    i'm... pretty sure i know who this is

if not, i know two such artists
  • yeah it's Paul Robertson

the disney cartoon mentioned is Gravity Falls btw, he did the pixel stuff in Fight Fighters
    did this person work on Wreck-It Ralph
    naney said:

yeah it's Paul Robertson

the disney cartoon mentioned is Gravity Falls btw, he did the pixel stuff in Fight Fighters

oh
  • kill living beings
    i feel so learned right now.
  • edited 2014-08-16 01:52:16

^ ^ now u kno

^ best feeling tbh
  • and if your guts aren't falling out you just aren't partying hard enough

life's a guro party, who could ask for more
  • I'm tired.

My computer arrived, but I'm getting some other people to build it at school. I'll get free Windows.
    my gu-uts, my guts
  • kill living beings
    actually i know another disney artist who did weird shit, now that i think about it

though he deleted his tumblr apparently

the greatest
  • edited 2014-08-16 02:18:44

Just got to the chapter where Rak Wraithraiser came back and he's small and cute again. If you suddenly hear something that sounds like high pitch squeeing from half that country away (to all American heapers anyway), that's just me.

Seriously, just look at how adorable he is (at times).
    imageimage
  • So Xia Xia and Verdi are both on my shit list now.
    Paul Robertson seems to be a freelancer, actually

Also, remember that the animation business is, for many workers, nomadic anyway; one year you might be working at Disney, the next you'll land at Nickelodeon
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Xia Xia is certainly a character. Also, your mentioning of Verdi reminds me that she's an Anima, and further, how all of the Anima so far have such boring fights. YHS and Lo Po Bia Ren are all right, but Sung just sort of disappears while Ren gets wiped. I want entertaining Shinheuh controllers, gosh darn it!
  • i didnt mean to imply that he was a full time employee
  • Crystal said:

Xia Xia is certainly a character. Also, your mentioning of Verdi reminds me that she's an Anima, and further, how all of the Anima so far have such boring fights. YHS and Lo Po Bia Ren are all right, but Sung just sort of disappears while Ren gets wiped. I want entertaining Shinheuh controllers, gosh darn it!

Honestly, I didn't mind Ren getting whipped. I forgot about him when I was talking about the characters I liked and disliked, but was the other character I absolutely hated, so him getting curb stomped was just too cathartic for me to not find it enjoyable. But yeah I can see your point about their fights beings subpar.
    oh
  • edited 2014-08-16 03:25:45

Crystal said:

Honestly, I didn't mind Ren getting whipped. I forgot about him when I was talking about the characters I liked and disliked, but was the other character I absolutely hated, so him getting curb stomped was just too cathartic for me to not find it enjoyable. But yeah I can see your point about their fights beings subpar.
    I didn't like him so much as I like his ability a whole lot. Characters that can control/summon/etc. other things are absolutely in my good books, at least as far as abilities go.
  • Crystal said:

Crystal said:

I didn't like him so much as I like his ability a whole lot. Characters that can control/summon/etc. other things are absolutely in my good books, at least as far as abilities go.
    Yeah, it's a cool ability, but I loved seeing his smug face get obliterated in one hit.

Spoiler:
    Just got to the deathmatch between Anak Zahard and Koon Ran. The part where Parakewl comes out of the water screaming "long term" and accidentally eliminating both of them is the best thing in the entire comic so far and if wasn't 3 in the morning I would be laughing so hard right now. Also I think it might have gotten brought up, but who is the guy in the mask with blonde hair who is doing the gambling? I feel like I've missed that detail about who he is.