Anime

Comments

• kill living beings

this anime is so good, man.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Still on my list.
  • Still on my list.

I know what I'm uploading after I finish SZS for us to watch then.
    Oooh, OK!
  • edited 2014-07-09 00:09:49
    We can do anything if we do it together.
    I'd love watching it with you guys.

I've quite liked what little I've seen of it.
  • I'd love watching it with you guys.

I've quite liked what little I've seen of it.
    same here!
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    So.

Anyone watching any of the new series that have premiered this season?
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    The only currently-airing thing I'm bothering to watch is still Kamen Rider Gaim.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    That's not anime at all.
    Neither of us mentioned anime :P
    Odradek said:

So.

Anyone watching any of the new series that have premiered this season?
    I still have to catch up on the stuff that I missed from the last few seasons, so no.

• Malaysian DBZ, still as golden as ever.
  • back to watching Hunter x Hunter, on episode 89

is it just me or does Bisky kinda look like a JoJo character when she's not her usually assumed teenage self?
    naney said:

back to watching Hunter x Hunter, on episode 89

is it just me or does Bisky kinda look like a JoJo character when she's not her usually assumed teenage self?

She does yeah.
  • after i get myself caught up on this i'll start watching that.
  • edited 2014-07-15 13:16:43

"i call this ability 'chapter 7 bankruptcy'. that's the mascot, Amortizing Power Redirector."

man and i was thinking Knuckle was just a boring punchy person.

also im fairly certain that's the first time i've seen the word amortizing in a work of fiction.

oh and the contraction for Amortizing Power Redirector is APR

ffs
    I've noticed that Nen powers seem to, regardless of type, let you summon a funny a little monster.

I mean maybe Enhancers can't.

Also Chapter 7 Bankruptcy is one of the more haxxed abilities in Hunter X Hunter.
  • that's prolly because funny little monsters are fun to draw.

one complaint i have with this show so far is that a lot of the expository dialogue regarding Nen abilities is reminiscent of a poorly implemented video game tutorial
  • compound interest is OP pls nerf
  • edited 2014-07-15 13:53:28

THE KING BE LIKE

LIKE YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    naney said:

that's prolly because funny little monsters are fun to draw.

one complaint i have with this show so far is that a lot of the expository dialogue regarding Nen abilities is reminiscent of a poorly implemented video game tutorial

Try to view it like running commentary on a sportsgame.

The narrator does get kind of annoying when he explains character motivations you could guess from context or reactions, or internal monologue.
  • it works like that a lot of the time, but sometimes it gets a biiiit too long winded.
  • the King is a pretty scary guy.
    naney said:

the King is a pretty scary guy.

Ya

I like the sense of dread and power Hunter X Hunter can convey about bad guys sometimes.
  • i really like the sort of escalating badness of the Chimera Ants. You thought the first batch were horrible, but then there came the second batch, and by the time you have the King and the Royal Guards the first generation are the guys you like.
  • KOMUGI

that is all i have to say
    So, episodes twelve and thirteen of Wolf's Rain.

Blue is best doggy.
  • so I've watched and finished Simoun the other day - I'm still not entirely sure what to think of it

like, it does fall back into some silly anime clichés and there's some plot-related stuff that was kinda "huh", but the series was genuinely going for an Utena-level of depth for its themes, which I think it does pull off pretty well for the most part
  • edited 2014-07-18 08:28:59
    Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Persona 4 Golden The Animation is just "here's all the stuff that you get from the game (if you were playing New Game +) AND NOTHING ELSE".

They gave the protagonist really powerful spells in the first episode. They skipped a whole month of events in the second episode.

I don't know how to feel about this.
    didn't they already do a purse owner 4 anime
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Yes, but nobody liked it. Because it was kind of cheap.

This one is like...turning a DLC pack into a TV show, and only that pack. Except that it's not DLC, it's a different version of the game with a bunch of new stuff, like a new main character and a dungeon and such.
  • edited 2014-07-18 21:28:32
    Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    naney said:

Edit: Good lord that fight scene. Hell, all of the fight scenes. The Yorknew City arc is wonderful.
  • now that i google it i can't find mention of an anime anywhere, there's a manga tho
  • how could you post that and not post the rant about how it's not called "Loli Pop"
  • oh yeah
    this is fucking bullshit. they could have called this “loli pop” and
    they fucking didn’t. they had an anime where they turned a guy’s dad in
    to a little girl and they didn’t fucking call it “loli pop” this is so
    fucking stupid god dammit
  • edited 2014-07-20 01:59:56

im reading this manga now because i have nothing better to do

it is hard to tell to what degree it is intentionally terrible vs how actually terrible it is
  • edited 2014-07-20 02:03:30

man im out

im fucking out

i could barely get through the prologue
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    How bad are we talking here? I get the feeling there are a lot of bad puns for some reason.
  • kill living beings
    why did you do that to yourself

anyway i binged log horizon, pretty fun, needed more akatsuki and the chick in the last episode but good nonetheless
  • lee4hmz said:

How bad are we talking here? I get the feeling there are a lot of bad puns for some reason.

most of the jokes were "ha the main character is a pedophile" and "gee this thing that is happening sure is a cliche isn't it?"
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Ah, Better than a Bare Bulb, the trope equivalent of "Does this bug you? I'm not touching you..."
    Log Horizon's really good.
  • Not a hybrid rabbit-skink spirit
    Do you like gangsters? Nonlinear narratives that span three years? 3 dimensional characters that follow their own motivations rather than just following the plot? An unnecessary OVA that comments on why you should never make an unnecessary OVA?

Then Baccano is the anime for you!
    Baccano! is really, really good... but I've watched the first eight episodes twice and still have yet to see the remaining eight. (And yes, I have heard that the last three don't exactly advance the plot [such as it is], but they're still technically part of the series, so I'm counting them.)
  • Not a hybrid rabbit-skink spirit
    You seriously need to watch the whole thing. It's absolutely beautiful.

And while you're at it, make Naney watch it too.
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Yes, you really need to finish it. Also watch Durarara!! if you haven't, I can't remember.
    I have not, although I have heard that the latter half leaves much to be desired, which is unfortunate.
    Weird example of how small a world animation can be: The screenwriter for the episode of Wolf's Rain that I am about to watch was also the series composition director for Lucky Star. I don't know quite what to make of that either.